Injen vs AEM V2 (6MT ONLY!) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2004, 04:39 PM   #1
Banned

Injen vs AEM V2 (6MT ONLY!)

Well I know this topic has been beaten to death but when it comes down to the dynos of both Injen and AEM... Injens dyno cant really compare to the AEM one because Injens dyno used an AUTO AV6... they came out with LESS WHP than the dyno done on the AEM which used the 6MT!!! Doesnt this mean that there would be a definite gap in HP when comparing INJEN and the V2?

For the price, v2 seems to be the way to go, anyone find better prices or dynos? Please let me know, Im just WAITING trying to pick which intake would give me better performance!

Nopi (INJEN) $250
Nope (V2) $286

I never knew how hard it was to pick things for my Accord, even suspension, took me 3 weeks to figure out which springs to get....

I am looking for performance, I dont care if Injen makes more noise or any stupid **** like that, I want HP for my dollar! Im sure most people on here do too!

ALSO, what is the best price on a Borla exhaust??? I saw 600+ somewhere, I thought that was just ridiculous! But hey, let me know! Thanks in advance

Last edited by tommcimo; April 7th, 2004 at 04:52 PM..
tommcimo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2004, 04:51 PM   #2
___

Like Steve says, until someone dynoes each intake individually on the SAME car along with STOCK hp/tq numbers, no one will really know how much power each intake gives or which is more powerful than the other so there really is no way to know.

Manufacturer dynos don't tell the true story.
borinka99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #3
Banned

Yeah I can definitely see a company doing that, but another argument I could say is that, arent intakes just big friggen pipes with filters on the end? I mean how much of a difference is there really? There is a guy on automotive forums who dynoed his 6MT with INJEN and MAGNAFLOW catback, 3rd gear roll on, and from baseline gained 23WHP, so thats around 12WHP each mod? give or take a few!
tommcimo is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old April 7th, 2004, 10:30 PM   #4
Banned

Nah, that's ricer math dude
Lxcord is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:58 AM   #5
___

^ lol, yea, different products have their "best gains" at different places in the RPM band. So even if you gain 10hp "PEAK" that might just be high end and you lose it on the low end.

Your car has enough high end power, we need low-end torque. That's why it is important to see WHERE the additional power is coming.
borinka99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 03:56 PM   #6
Banned

The v2 is better performance wise. Injen has a smaller chamber and filter. Look at the details buddy and figure out which one you like better! Don't go with what other people say because they know as much as you do.
TheRequiem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 04:28 PM   #7
rice?..not my car...EH!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tommcimo
Yeah I can definitely see a company doing that, but another argument I could say is that, arent intakes just big friggen pipes with filters on the end? I mean how much of a difference is there really? There is a guy on automotive forums who dynoed his 6MT with INJEN and MAGNAFLOW catback, 3rd gear roll on, and from baseline gained 23WHP, so thats around 12WHP each mod? give or take a few!
arent intakes just big friggen pipes with filters on the end? I mean how much of a difference is there really?.......I would've though so too untill after my dyno run. The fact that when I diconected the airfilter box from the TB shows that, just because there's nore restriction doesn't mean their's more power. I actaully lost power. So this led me to beleive that a long smooth tuned pipe would indeed give you more power. As to the question of wich is better Injen or aem v2, Like it was said before someone with the same car have to dyno both.
S.A.M6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM   #8
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Stop reading BS vendor dynos and go do BEFORE and after dynos on your cars. There's a zillion ways a vendor can rig a dyno to give them pretty much any result that they want. So there's no reason to trust them. Take them like a grain of salt.

I'm just going to start locking all of these intake dyno threads because you really don't know anything until you do dynos on your cars.

Here is why you shouldn't necessarily trust any VENDOR dyno for a product....

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...threadid=22937
SteVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2004, 05:14 PM   #9
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRequiem
The v2 is better performance wise. Injen has a smaller chamber and filter. Look at the details buddy and figure out which one you like better! Don't go with what other people say because they know as much as you do.
ah, and what do you know? Do you have a DYNO from YOUR car that proves this? You don't know anything either. Funny how you didn't post a dyno. Nobody knows anything. Because nobody here dynos. Hence, these threads are utterly useless and all talk.
SteVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in