intake install questions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2004, 12:24 AM   #1

intake install questions

hey, i hope this is not a repeat

I wanna install my V2 intake and my problem is i dont want to take my stock intake out wrong. Does anyone know where i can find instructions to remove the stock system? Also, does anyone know a trick to take it out. If anyone can get back to me, i would grealy appreciate it.

Akash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 10th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #2
Banned

Just jank it out. It's all common sence. Take a risk for once and f0ck the instructions!
vsmack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2004, 05:41 PM   #3
Banned

yeah just yank out the screws holding it
unrealcpu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 11th, 2004, 02:29 AM   #4
Banned

The thing that will scare would probably be the bumper removal. It's very easy. When u pop the hood u'll see some weird black plastic clips. Get a really flat screwdriver and lift it up(dont scratch em remember). Then when the thing goes up, pull it with ur hand. Do em with the rest connected to the bumper. U'll also need to remove the screw on the bumper by the fender and some in the bottom. There are a bunch of clips in the bottom as well so take em out. After u take em all out, remove the bumper starting from any side. Pull it with some force, but don't be an animal.

After u remove the bumper, remove the battery since it's gonna make it easier to work with the removal of the factory intake box. Take the box where the battery hangs out, and then remove the screws holding the intake and the tube that's connected to the intake close to the throttle. U'll notice it's gonna be tricky to remove the resonator box at the bottom. Just seperate them from the bottom and then pull the one on the left upwards if ur looking towards the engine bay after u remove the one from right by pulling it down. After that just install the intake like the instructions tell u too and ur set. Then install the bumper back, and make sure the clips are in securely. U have to make sure they're stuck there good. U don't want to bumper falling off or the plastic covers in the bottom. Just remember how tight it was at the beggining and make sure it's that tight after the installation.

I hope this helps. I didn't use any manual or anything. I just looked and removed whatever had to be removed. If ur intimidated, get a friend to help you. Don't let some juppy charge 2million bucks for such a fun simple install.
Old April 11th, 2004, 08:23 AM   #5
Banned

i didnt have to remove the bumper and it took 2 hours to do the CAI.

I wouldnt risk takeing the bumper off and breaking clips. No need. All you have to do is jack up the car and take off the drivers sside tire and remove the fender linning under the tire well.
Its stupid to take off the bumper
Old April 11th, 2004, 01:43 PM   #6
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Check my sig.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by unrealcpu on April 11th, 2004 at 09:23 AM

i didnt have to remove the bumper and it took 2 hours to do the CAI.

I wouldnt risk takeing the bumper off and breaking clips. No need. All you have to do is jack up the car and take off the drivers sside tire and remove the fender linning under the tire well.
Its stupid to take off the bumper
No it's not. It's actually easier than jacking up the whole car and removing the tire and the fender lining. With the bumper out of the way, it makes really easy to take out the resonator box. The clips aren't gonna break either so I would say removing the bumper is the way to go. It only takes like 8 min to take out.
Old April 11th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #8
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
I think it depends if you car is lowered too. I cant take off my bumper without jacking up the car.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #9
Banned

id rather take off the wheel liner than the bumper due to it might scratch or something might not be put on right again. But its all up to its your 2004 accord not mine

IMO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in