AEM v2 on 6MT - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Jliu2k2
AEM v2 on 6MT

I opened this thread a few weeks ago and i'm not sure why it was immediately closed. I'm just asking for personal opinions.(Isn't that what a forum is kinda for?). I just don't want to end up with a loss after buying a 250$ intake.

Is it worth it? I know the 6 speed already has a pretty good intake. For those 6 speed owners with the v2, Do you feel more power after installation of the v2?
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #2
Northcoast Tuner

Send a message via AIM to josephip
I think it was closed/deleted because this has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://members.cardomain.com/josephip
josephip is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:29 PM   #3
___

^ what he said lol. It has been discussed, and we can't tell you its "gains" because no one ever did a before and after dyno of just the intake on THEIR OWN car. Manufacturer's dynos can be easily BS'ed so we won't ever know until someone pays up and does a before and after dyno on their own car.
borinka99 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old April 21st, 2004, 12:34 AM   #4
mog

can't we just talk about it anyways even though it's already been talked about? I know there's no dyno. I wanna reach my own conclusion based on what i read. And so far all the other post havent fully confirmed to me as to which intake to go with for my automatic....injen or aemv2. I read with other post that injen u get more torque. Maybe this calls for a poll instead of bunch of posts.
mog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:42 AM   #5
___

^ the whole point of closing all the intake threads is because it is all pure SPECULATION. How do you know that injen gains more torque? Manufacturer dynos are bull****, and no one has done their own dynos!

All that a poll will do is speculate more info that is not based on known fact.
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:09 AM   #6
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex

we need a pioneer sometimes....
brex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:11 AM   #7
___

Quote:
Originally posted by brex on April 21st, 2004 at 12:09 AM

we need a pioneer sometimes....
yea, but no one wants to put up their money
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:19 AM   #8
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
too bad i am not a manual...
brex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 04:05 AM   #9
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally posted by borinka99
yea, but no one wants to put up their money
I will dyno mine, but I will be testing the Comptech ICEBOX or Unichip.
ctsport is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 06:10 AM   #10
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

If you want to form your own conclusions, feel free to search for and read through all of the other repetetive intake discussions. Yes, they're discussed over and over and over and over and since nobody ever bothers to do their own independent before/after dynoing, you will never be able to reach a conclusion because vendor dynos can be BSed to show whatever "gains" they want to show. These threads are repetetive, pure speculation, non-informative, often misleading, and a complete waste of bandwidth. So I'm just locking all of them. Again, feel free to read through any of the past 4 zillion intake discussion threads that also come to NO conclusion whatsoever. There's no need for 4 zillion and one and now 4 zillion and two.

The only intake discussions that I'm going to leave open are ones where people post up their own independent before/after dynos, or where they're ONLY talking about looks/sound and not performance.

BTW, please treat the forum as a library, not as a chatroom. Every discussion thread since the forum went up is still here. So use the search feature to find the older threads because all of this has been discussed before.
SteVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in