Comptech aftermarket on the way!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:51 PM   #1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordguy40 Send a message via Yahoo to Accordguy40
Angry Comptech aftermarket on the way!!

I have spoken with the head mechanic Shad at Comptech, and they are on their way to building a Sh*@ load of aftermarket parts for the accord 6 speed and v6 auto. As of right now, in the works are the following:

- Icebox cold air intake
- Full catback exhaust and J pipe
- Supercharger kit
- High performance clutch, pressure platye, flywheel.

They will not be making a header due to the fact that it is already welded onto the engine block, thererfore, there is nothing we can do about it. Damn Japs!

Hope this helps

Accordguy40
Accordguy40 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2004, 01:22 PM   #2

I would assume that the supercharger kit comes with its own intake...?
APOLLON is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:27 PM   #3
Banned

if im not mistaken, aren't icebox not as efficient as, say... an AEM v2?
TheRequiem is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old April 21st, 2004, 01:39 PM   #4
Hotness?!

Send a message via Yahoo to AccordEXGirl
Mmmm....supercharger!!
I'll take a J-pipe too!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
14.681 @ 101.15 mph
::Redline Motorsport Member::
::91 Talon TSi AWD 5spd::
AccordEXGirl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:40 PM   #5
you gotta rub to dub!

Send a message via AIM to relentless
Icebox and J pipe is all Im waiting for!!!! ITS ABOUT TIME!!

Anyway you can find out how much each MAY cost?
relentless is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:52 PM   #6
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
no J pipe will happen...ask Toby...he'll tell you why
SixSpeeder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:09 PM   #7
Hotness?!

Send a message via Yahoo to AccordEXGirl
Toby, why?!

14.681 @ 101.15 mph
::Redline Motorsport Member::
::91 Talon TSi AWD 5spd::
AccordEXGirl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:38 PM   #8
you gotta rub to dub!

Send a message via AIM to relentless
Toby needs to get his priorities straight!
First he moves to Norcal and ditches us Socal peeps, then he buys an American Car, then gets his girl a ring and asks for her hand in marriage (congrats by the way), and now he's working 60 hour weeks to pay that sucker off and doesnt bother visiting this site 15-20 times a day like he used to..........

Just playin Toby...please tell us why comptech wont make a J pipe for us little people?
relentless is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:46 PM   #9
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally posted by relentless on April 21st, 2004 at 01:38 PM

Toby needs to get his priorities straight!
First he moves to Norcal and ditches us Socal peeps, then he buys an American Car, then gets his girl a ring and asks for her hand in marriage (congrats by the way), and now he's working 60 hour weeks to pay that sucker off and doesnt bother visiting this site 15-20 times a day like he used to..........

Just playin Toby...please tell us why comptech wont make a J pipe for us little people?

toby you suck.. we don't miss you at all... bwahahahahahaaa.....

joking..
brex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 03:06 PM   #10

Icebox here I come!

LX V6
sandwiches is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 04:05 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Jliu2k2
haven't they been "on the way" for a few months now? Did they give any release dates?
Old April 21st, 2004, 05:20 PM   #12
Banned

J PIPE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already e-mailed comptech, and they are "busy working on the TSX, and TL, racing projets." They won't make parts for us, for a few months still, and when they do, it will be comptech springs, first, before any other part.
modfreak1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 05:22 PM   #13
Banned

here is what comptech e-mailed me:

Torquie,
It's hard to say when exactly we'll release parts for the new
Accord as
we're running behind in production and our techs are trying to finish
up our
project TSX and TL. We definitely have plans to offer several
performance
parts for the V6 model, hopefully within the next couple of months as
production dates keep getting pushed back. There are many people
waiting for
us to release something, but unfortunately, all we have available is a
set
of lowering springs which we're out of stock until the first part of
next
month. So please, check back again for the latest updates. Thanks and
sorry
for the inconvenience.
If you have any other questions, please call us at (888) 626-6783
www.comptechusa.com
modfreak1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:18 PM   #14
vroom vroom

They didn't mention anything about the Comptech Titanium Strut?
ctsport is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:27 PM   #15
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally posted by modfreak1 on April 21st, 2004 at 04:22 PM

here is what comptech e-mailed me:

Torquie,
It's hard to say when exactly we'll release parts for the new
Accord as
we're running behind in production and our techs are trying to finish
up our
project TSX and TL. We definitely have plans to offer several
performance
parts for the V6 model, hopefully within the next couple of months as
production dates keep getting pushed back. There are many people
waiting for
us to release something, but unfortunately, all we have available is a
set
of lowering springs which we're out of stock until the first part of
next
month. So please, check back again for the latest updates. Thanks and
sorry
for the inconvenience.
If you have any other questions, please call us at (888) 626-6783
www.comptechusa.com

Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:49 AM   #16

There're not going to make parts for us anytime soon. Just look at how spoon ditch the rsx and is working so hard on the tsx. Why? Because that K-series motor has more displacement/potential to start off with.

To relate that with our situation look at the TL they have 30 more hp at the flywheel compared to us. So why should they focus on our motor with less power/displacement when they have a sure winner with the TL? I'm pretty sure they'll fork out "some" parts for us when they're done with the TL.
vnguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:56 PM   #17
Banned

I hope your not talking about the v6... which is a whole lote more powerful then the 4's. Also, it might be more expensive to upgrade, but you could basically have NSX turbo power out of the 6's if we wanted to spend the money. All part of the game.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:57 PM   #18
Banned

The TL also weighs a lot more and is a sedan, comparably no match for a 6 speed coupe.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 01:40 PM   #19
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Re: Comptech aftermarket on the way!!

Quote:
Originally posted by APOLLON on April 21st, 2004 at 03:22 PM

I would assume that the supercharger kit comes with its own intake...?
It does on the 6th gen AV6 so I would guess they would include it on the 7th gen kit.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRequiem on April 21st, 2004 at 03:27 PM

if im not mistaken, aren't icebox not as efficient as, say... an AEM v2?
Depends on the car. So far, no one has dyno'ed these on a single stock AV6 back to back to know of any actual difference.

Quote:
Originally posted by SixSpeeder on April 21st, 2004 at 03:52 PM

no J pipe will happen...ask Toby...he'll tell you why
Are you sure .

Quote:
Originally posted by Accordguy40 on April 21st, 2004 at 02:51 PM

They will not be making a header due to the fact that it is already welded onto the engine block, thererfore, there is nothing we can do about it. Damn Japs!
One less thing you have to mod .

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:07 PM   #20
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally posted by Accordguy40 on April 21st, 2004 at 02:51 PM

They will not be making a header due to the fact that it is already welded onto the engine block
Actually, the exhaust manifold and collector (not header) are cast as part of the cylinder head itself.

This was done for 2 reasons......1) quicker cat light-off for reduced emissions when the engine is not warmed up, and 2) a more mechanically/volumetrically efficent engine operation, resulting in higher power numbers being generated.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:19 PM   #21
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
in short, they reason toby gave to me on why the J pipe will not happen is because of the placement of the O2 sensors and post cat. it has a lot to do with the cat/exhaust manifold situation too.
SixSpeeder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:09 PM   #22
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordguy40 Send a message via Yahoo to Accordguy40
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03LXV6Guy
[B]Actually, the exhaust manifold and collector (not header) are cast as part of the cylinder head itself.

So if I have somehow mistaken the Header with the exhaust manifold and collector (whatever a collector may be?? ) than where would the headers be located than? Just curious...
Accordguy40 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:31 PM   #23
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Well, this is my knowledge of it.........

An exhaust manifold is typically cast iron, and has unequal length pipes (for each cylinder), which doesn't take advantage of the exhaust pulses to help scavenge the exhaust from the other cylinders (on that bank). A header is usually made from tubing (not cast), and will typically, though not always depending on the design, have equal length tubes, to use cylinder scavenging to it's advantage. The collector is the area where the 3 tubes (per side) come together into a single larger tube. On a lot of cars, this is where the aftermarket exhaust would bolt to, or the pipe containing the cat would go there, and then the rest of the exhaust system. Headers are usually less restrictive than stock manifolds also.

A lot of people use header and exhaust manifold interchangably, but I don't. I'm still of the mindset that headers are tubular, though others might think different.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 09:53 PM   #24
Banned

Really? Hmm, I have a custom down pipe, a high flow cat resonator (a test pipe), a straight pipe to two Borla Pro XS mufflers and there were no problems. The headers are efficient enough and adding an aftermarket header system probably would give us no more hten a 1 or 2 hp boost and is not worth the $1000 or so to buy it. The custom down pipe (if larger) creates a black hole suction affect and has more overall affect then new headers. The O2 sensors had to be removed, but the only thing that does is turn a malfunction light on your dash, you can have it reset and it's gone. All together I gained A LOT of horsepower since it's all straight through design... might not pass emissions, but it sounds and runs awesome!!!
Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:15 PM   #25
girl on cell in SUV =

Quote:
in short, they reason toby gave to me on why the J pipe will not happen is because of the placement of the O2 sensors and post cat. it has a lot to do with the cat/exhaust manifold situation too.
What are you/he talking about? We do not intend to replace the 2 "manifold" cats.

Our J pipe does not have any O2 sensors on it. There are 4 O2 sensors on the "manifold" cats before the J pipe. The post cat doesn't even have an O2 sensor.

Even TOV says we need a better pipe here...
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...&page_number=1

If you get under the car & look, it would not be too hard to make a pipe without the cramped restrictions. It would be just a simple bolt-on. FYI, the 04 TL has the same issue with its J pipe.
If Comptech doesn't make one, I'd think someone else will - there's obviously a market for it. Otherwise a few of us will make our own

JetCat&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
BVM&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Last edited by turbines; April 22nd, 2004 at 11:35 PM..
turbines is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:33 PM   #26
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRequiem
Really? Hmm, I have a custom down pipe, a high flow cat resonator (a test pipe), a straight pipe to two Borla Pro XS mufflers and there were no problems. The headers are efficient enough and adding an aftermarket header system probably would give us no more hten a 1 or 2 hp boost and is not worth the $1000 or so to buy it. The custom down pipe (if larger) creates a black hole suction affect and has more overall affect then new headers. The O2 sensors had to be removed, but the only thing that does is turn a malfunction light on your dash, you can have it reset and it's gone. All together I gained A LOT of horsepower since it's all straight through design... might not pass emissions, but it sounds and runs awesome!!!
And do you have any DYNO testing that backs that up?
SteVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:36 PM   #27
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally posted by SteVTEC on April 22nd, 2004 at 10:33 PM

And do you have any DYNO testing that backs that up?

or at least some pix, where you got it done, and specific piping info..
Old April 23rd, 2004, 12:20 AM   #28
V6P Negotiator & Promoter

Wink Have to go in prepared if you want a manufacturer to listen to you

FYI. . . SoCalV6(Chad) and I spoke to Shad Hensley, Comptech, at the IAS Show in Los Angeles a few weeks ago. It was a straight forward discussion where Shad inform us that Comptech had only sold 130 AV6 Superchargers since its introduction, and also added that most of their other AV6 product line was not selling well. However, Shad did say their AcuraV6 line was selling. Unfortunately, Bob Leonti, Manager, Product Sales, left the Comptech and moved back east. So presently we really do not have a strong AV6 ally on the Comptech team anymore. Shad has always been a NSX & S2000 guy, and has no interest in the v6 market. WE asked Shad if he had chance to do over again, would he make the AV6 supercharger, he said no. . . The bright side of this, is that since the AV6 supercharger introduction over 2 years ago, Shad claimed only 130 of them had been sold. Comptech never gave V6P a chance to be a distributor because we did not have a physical location and they feared we would be taking business away from the auto shops who carried their product line... Before leaving Shad, I repeated his low sale av6 facts, and then asked him to go back to his bosses and asked them to give V6P a shot of selling their complete product line to our dedicated AV6 group. By saying "What do you guys have to lose? Shad just look at me with a smile and finished the discussion by asking him to seriously think about it.

Note: I have negotiated with Comptech since 1998 and they are strictly business. If you can not present the numbers of people that are committed to a certain product need, they are not going to listen to you. WE first have to do our homework, generate the right product survey polls that shows how many of our V6P Gen 7th members want the same products, then we approach the manufacturer. Going in empty handed is no going to get you anywhere... That is why Toby & I faciliate most of the new product ventures.
MrV6P is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2004, 01:15 AM   #29
vroom vroom

Thanks for the update v6MoMoney!

It would be awsome if V6p carried Comptech parts!

Maybe we should make a thread to get an idea of how many and which Comptech parts our members want and plan to buy. If theres a big enough demand, maybe it'll help convince Comptech to authorize V6P.net as an offical retailer.
ctsport is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2004, 02:02 AM   #30

I want a better J-pipe... the stock thing looks just... disgusting... may be I should just go custom one and take down the 3rd cat since it has no sensors around... time for some more research...
Curry619 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in