whats the difference - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2004, 03:37 PM   #1

whats the difference

hey guys..

i need some facts from you plzz.

the thing is that i have heard if i install aem v2 intake and borla exhaust i would not feel the difference as already both stock on the accord v6 4 doors are very fine. so please if you have a v6 4 doors accord do inform me on on the difference you feel, and arent there anything else for the 7th generation, its been a while and i am searching and didnt find anything else to improve the performance of the car.

the thing is that i am going to order it as soon as i read your opinions. and if possible a detailed information would be very great.

sorry for adding a new thread but i had to because all the information on other threads are for the 6 speed 2 doors accord.

i am very thankful to you guys.

Mr Malik
Mr Malik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shadyguirguis
That's not true.. I don't know about sedans, but there is some1 here (03lxv6guy) or something like tht, all he has is an intake and he runs 14.5 in the qt mile.. so if u do get an intake and borla that should help ur performance a bit.. ur increasing airflow which is always good
Shadyguirguis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #3
Northcoast Tuner

Send a message via AIM to josephip
and the v6 2 door and 4 door models use the same engine, so yeah, you could have used the info from the other threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://members.cardomain.com/josephip
josephip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 7th, 2004, 05:35 PM   #4

from where can i order both together, as i live outside of usa. please inform me which sites are the best to order from. thanks guys

damn the 2 doors look fine, i wish we had them here in our country. i would be the first to buy one.
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #5

what contry r ya in?
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #6

forgot to mentionto you Mr josephip.

will these parts be installed fine on my car..?? mine is accord 2004 v6 4 doors and these are for the coupe, i contacted both borla website and aem and both didnt reply back, i just want to be sure about it, i dont want to spend $1000 and not be able to use it or even sell it in my country as the coupe are not being imported here.

i just dont want my $1000 to be wasted, just need to be sure about it before purchasing it
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:51 PM   #7

i'm from Bahrain. middle east, but not terrorists
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:45 PM   #8

plus i have heard about Apexi V-AFC II VTEC Air Flow Converter which many ppl recommend it, no matter where i read about this thing on the net i dont get enough information, can someone direct me or post details on how exactly does it affect my performance and how it would help improve overall airflow.
basicly i dont know what exactly does and what the gains are.

please forgive me for asking so many questions and bothering you guys.
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:55 PM   #9
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadyguirguis
ur increasing airflow which is always good
Cams, manifolds, and internal engine work (increasing displacement) are what "increase" air flow. intakes, exhaust, and bolt-on's for the most part are "freeing up" power by decreasing pumping losses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by SteVTEC
Cams, manifolds, and internal engine work (increasing displacement) are what "increase" air flow. intakes, exhaust, and bolt-on's for the most part are "freeing up" power by decreasing pumping losses.
But aren't u alowing air to flow easier by getting wider exahust pipes?
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #11
Northcoast Tuner

Send a message via AIM to josephip
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadyguirguis
But aren't u alowing air to flow easier by getting wider exahust pipes?
What he means is that intake,exhaust don't really increase airflow, they just allow the engine to work more efficiently by unrestricting the restrictive areas. For example, you could have a subway tunnel for an intake, but it wouldnt increase airflow by much if the engine can't take it all in. Or you could have a big ass turbo blowing air into your engine, but if your exhaust is the size of a straw, it's not gonna help much. Generally, the engine is restricted by the intake and exhaust, and upgrading them just allow the engine to perform closer to it's full potential. But the parts that are really doing all the work are the engine componenets.

And Mr. Malik, I know that the Intake will work on both the Sedan and the Coupe, but I'm not sure about the exhaust. I believe that they are the same also. But don't take my word for it.

http://members.cardomain.com/josephip
josephip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2004, 09:31 PM   #12

Yah I know.. so your just allowing the air to flow more freely by allowing "the engine to work more efficiently by unrestricting the restrictive areas"
Old May 8th, 2004, 08:28 PM   #13

the thing is that i dont want a loud exhaust system, from what i know all borla exhaust are loud, so would u think the greddy would be better or the borla which comes for the accord if not loud? i love how quite and smooth the car is and dont want to loose those features

if u got a link with clear and proper sound clip plz post the link to it.

plus guys i am serious and need help from you, i chose this forum because almost all other forums basiclly sux. and most members of this forum seem to know what they are talking about. so plz guyz help me out.
Old May 8th, 2004, 08:48 PM   #14
Howdy

Send a message via AIM to 240AintEnuff
I'm not sure but I dont think they make Borla for the Sedan. I got the Borla and it sounds really nice man, its real deep, and it isnt loud at all, i kinda want mine to be just a little louder. If anything, Greddy might be the loudest exhaust for the 7thGen. But the sound you get from the intake....its beautiful. Man I drove without the radio for about a week just so i could listen to how sweet my car sounded.
Old May 8th, 2004, 09:12 PM   #15
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
^^^lol and I thought I was the only one
OEM Fog Lights
AEM V2 CAI
Tein H-Tech Springs
Ingalls Rear Camber & Toe Kit
35% Tint
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:53 PM   #16

I'm looking at getting the V2, and maybe the Borla for my Coupe. I heard that Borla was louder then Greddy?

Also, would I notice much difference between a K&N drop in filter vs. the V2? I was also thinking about taking out the resonator and putting in a k&n? Any comments?
SnowStorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2004, 07:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowStorm
I'm looking at getting the V2, and maybe the Borla for my Coupe. I heard that Borla was louder then Greddy?
I too am interested on which is louder

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowStorm
Also, would I notice much difference between a K&N drop in filter vs. the V2? I was also thinking about taking out the resonator and putting in a k&n? Any comments?
What would I get with the K&N Filter? HP gains? Kinda new to this perf stuff

Plus what about warranty? Does any of these mods kill my 5 year warranty? I want to get new rims and drop, but I hear that its not a good thing?

accordLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2004, 05:30 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Malik
plus i have heard about Apexi V-AFC II VTEC Air Flow Converter which many ppl recommend it, no matter where i read about this thing on the net i dont get enough information, can someone direct me or post details on how exactly does it affect my performance and how it would help improve overall airflow.
basicly i dont know what exactly does and what the gains are.

please forgive me for asking so many questions and bothering you guys.
The AFC lets you adjust the air/fuel ratio in your car to maximize the air flow and performance of your car. Apexi V-AFC is an add-on of a adjusting the fuel with the v-tec engagment time by RPM.

If you dont know how to use it, i live in bahrain and you can call me 39896442 and we can work it out. My cousin has been using it for year in his 1.8 vtec turbocharged civic. You can get it from "hot wheels" in riffa. They are expensive with there prices but i can get you an offer.

Magnaflow Cat-back, Kooks LT's, K&N Cold Air intake, Ported TB, MSD Wires, NGK TR55 Spark Plugs, 2800 Stall, Transgo Shiftkit, B&M Transmission cooler, MTI Stealth Camshaft, MTI Valve-train Package, Nitto 555R Tires.

M Aryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2004, 08:22 PM   #19
Stoner Boner

I went from 14.4 stock to 14.2 with just CAI. AEM v2 power buddy.
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in