got the greddy evo 2's - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:36 PM   #1
Banned

got the greddy evo 2's

quite expensive, but worth every penny. Installation was today, and everything went through. The magnaflows had already surface rusted to **** and they droned pretty loud. The evo 2's on the other hand are superior, aluminized, stainless steel. Everything about the exhaust system is chrommed the F**K out! even the bolts. It also sounds to die for. NO DRONING, at any rpms. It also has a larger piping diameter than the magnaflows.

Sorry, no pics. I kidda parted with my digicam If anyone lives in the midwest, and wants to take pics, please feel free to PM me. thanks.
modfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2004, 10:40 PM   #2
nucking futs'

sounds good .. what did you do w/ the magnaflows? im willing to buy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sprung00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:48 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sprung00
sounds good .. what did you do w/ the magnaflows? im willing to buy.
PM me

Old May 13th, 2004, 01:09 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to aznpnoy562
I wanted to see pics too, good choice with the exhaust
aznpnoy562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:47 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to JPAccord
and videos! Jk, congrats, im getting them eventually as well. Does it sound ricey at all, or deep?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Signature violation: modifications list.

*If it's too LOUD, youre too OLD.
JPAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:56 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JPAccord
and videos! Jk, congrats, im getting them eventually as well. Does it sound ricey at all, or deep?
sounds really deep. Not ricey at all. not terribley loud either. the best sound comparison, would be with that of a stock G35C/350Z. I should be able to post pics soon. The pic on the greddy website is 100% accurate though.
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:05 AM   #7
Make Way for The Bad Guy!

Send a message via AIM to JoeySmallz
Need to see some pics!! Get some sound clips too. Good choice on Evo2
JoeySmallz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:19 AM   #8

how much did u get them for..and where?
DarkVillian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:37 AM   #9

Hey Modfreak, when is the sound most noticeable on the Evo's? On my Borla it's only up to 3,000 RPM's. At what point are they the loudest?
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:41 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkVillian
how much did u get them for..and where?
$871 shipped from www.nopi.com. Excellent customer service. came in 3 days w/ regular 5 day shipping! My injens came in 2 days with regular 5 day shipping too from nopi, so they ship fast as hell!

This exhaust system is really pricey. I tried to get it from several local vendors here in the chicagoland area, and they all wanted to rape me for $1,000+! Nopi is a great deal. The exhaust system has exceeded all my expectations! Just unbelieveable quality. but then you'd expect that from a japanese manufaturer. absolutely no droning whatsoever! solid build, about half as heavy, overall as the magnaflows. I decided to get these after spending a lot of time looking under tool462's supercharged 6th gen. He has a comptech catback. Fully chromed out stainless steel, just like the greddy's, and not an ounce of even surface rust, after 2-3 winters, here in chicago, with all the road salt. I said to myself, thats the kind of exhaust system, I need. I believe, thats what I've got with these greddy's. they came highly recommended over the tanabe's from my mechanic(japanese dude)

Last edited by modfreak1; May 13th, 2004 at 10:45 AM..
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:42 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by x03BlackAccV6x
Need to see some pics!! Get some sound clips too. Good choice on Evo2
thanks man. I'll get a digicam over the weekend and shoot some pics, and try and get a wot video.

in the meantime, the pic on the greddy site, is exactly what the system looks like. basically the same as my car, except that mines nighthawkpear black!

http://www.greddy.com/news/article.asp?idx=16

Last edited by modfreak1; May 13th, 2004 at 10:49 AM..
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:43 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Hey Modfreak, when is the sound most noticeable on the Evo's? On my Borla it's only up to 3,000 RPM's. At what point are they the loudest?
about 4,500rpms, is when it gets really throaty. you can even hear them up in the higher rev range, but my injens just take over at 4,700rpms, when the vtec controller initiates vtec.
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #13

thats good news dawg!

cant wait to see the pix!
JDMJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:07 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to AwSoMNaMjA
there we go mod!....man i saw these in person and i must say...the evos are just plain out TOO SEXY..they make the rear end so beautiful...they are slightly slanted and the tips are perfectly placed. u must post a sound clip!...and get another time slip with those!...good luck with that man.
K&N filter Cold Air intake/Neuspeed strut bar/DIY blackhousing headlights/Hid plus 4800k/Ground Control coilovers/SPC rear camber kit/custom single GReddy Evo/OEM front lip/DIY tinted rear tail lights/15in Kicker Solobaric L7/DIY Booty call/7 inch sharp screen with dvd player/215.55.16 Falken Azenis/Comptech rear sway bar

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
AwSoMNaMjA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:04 PM   #15
6th and BEST Generation

Send a message via AIM to tool462
I cant wait to see them torquie.

tool462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:26 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AwSoMNaMjA
there we go mod!....man i saw these in person and i must say...the evos are just plain out TOO SEXY..they make the rear end so beautiful...they are slightly slanted and the tips are perfectly placed. u must post a sound clip!...and get another time slip with those!...good luck with that man.
thanks!
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:26 PM   #17
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tool462
I cant wait to see them torquie.
your my inspiration tool.
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:43 AM   #18
6th and BEST Generation

Send a message via AIM to tool462
Track ? Sunday ? Look in the Illinois forum.

tool462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2004, 01:10 AM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Ursus
Post pictures and sound clip pleeeeeeeeeease!

SHIFT_2.0
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #20

got pics?
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:01 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
got pics?
ain't got digicam!

but I believe you've already seen what it looks like. heres a memory refresher:

http://www.greddy.com/news/article.asp?idx=22

I don't think I can take a picture better than that.
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally posted by modfreak1
ain't got digicam!

but I believe you've already seen what it looks like. heres a memory refresher:

http://www.greddy.com/news/article.asp?idx=22

I don't think I can take a picture better than that.
Yeah seen that pic, just curious as to what they look from the back, not from under the car. Get some sound clips too I'll stop being annoying now...
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #23
blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to yumyumfun
Just wondering how it would look with the aero kit since in the link with the silver accord, it looks like the tips might need to be extended for the rear lip and those tips look kinda hard to extend....
yumyumfun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:40 PM   #24

871 is a lot of money to pay for some shiney pipes in my opinion...i mean yes it looks really nice all chromed out, but when was the last time u ever got under your car, and looked at your exhaust pipes?????

I'll take the also rust proof Borlas (but minus the chromed out piping) and save a few bills.

Jon
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2004, 04:28 PM   #25
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon2002
871 is a lot of money to pay for some shiney pipes in my opinion...i mean yes it looks really nice all chromed out, but when was the last time u ever got under your car, and looked at your exhaust pipes?????

I'll take the also rust proof Borlas (but minus the chromed out piping) and save a few bills.

Jon
if you choose to believe that the only difference between a $1,000(msrp) exhaust and a $580(msrp) one is looks of the pipes, then your sadly mistaken. Just remember that you get what you pay for! Your car wasn't cheap, so why in the world would you cheap out on it like this? I bet you do oil changes every 10,000miles!

Last edited by modfreak1; May 25th, 2004 at 04:35 PM..
Old May 25th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
the difference between T304 stainless(that is assuming the B-Pipe section of borla's is T304 ) and aluminized T304 stainless, is that regular T304 stainless will SURFACE RUST. Aluminized stainless steel, has gone through an extra post-manufacturing prosses, to protect the surface. Surface rust shouldn't really harm T304, because it won't rust through. Even my magnaflows didn't rust through. The rust however will stay on the surface. Now while I don't lie under my car all the time, the exhaust mufflers, and piping are visible from the rear at all times, so you can clearly see the nasty-a$$ surface rust. Greddy's, and comptech's won't even surface rust. Nuff said!

another great thing about greddy's is that the exhaust system was designed and manufactured in JAPAN! its jdm quality.

Last edited by modfreak1; May 25th, 2004 at 04:38 PM..
Old May 25th, 2004, 04:56 PM   #27
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
I love my Greddy EVO2, they sound awesome.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally posted by modfreak1
the difference between T304 stainless(that is assuming the B-Pipe section of borla's is T304 ) and aluminized T304 stainless, is that regular T304 stainless will SURFACE RUST. Aluminized stainless steel, has gone through an extra post-manufacturing prosses, to protect the surface. Surface rust shouldn't really harm T304, because it won't rust through. Even my magnaflows didn't rust through. The rust however will stay on the surface. Now while I don't lie under my car all the time, the exhaust mufflers, and piping are visible from the rear at all times, so you can clearly see the nasty-a$$ surface rust. Greddy's, and comptech's won't even surface rust. Nuff said!

another great thing about greddy's is that the exhaust system was designed and manufactured in JAPAN! its jdm quality.
I guess to each their own...but personally i cannt justify spending that much more money for Greddy system over the Borlas... Who cares about surface oxidation on the pipes!!!??? The mufflers and tips are all that matters, and those are all nicely chromed out. I have no issues whatsover for those who feel it's worth the money for the greddys, but i dont see it myself.

And also, if i were to spend huge money modifying my accord(s), i wouldnt have bought it to begin with, Hondas to me are for inexpensive, reliable transportations...but that's another story. Oh yeah, btw, i do religious 3000 mile oil changes.
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:08 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Who cares about surface oxidation on the pipes!!!???
I DO! I wouldn't have gotten rid of my magnaflows if I didn't. That kind of surface rust looks nasty, and is only appropriate if its the oem piping+5 years, or something.

Bottom line is this, if you don't think that an exhaust system manufatured and made in japan, and one that costs(based on msrp) 500 bucks more, is in anyways better, then to each his own. I'm not doing cheap modding here, I'm looking to actually improve on OEM equipment in everyway possible.

thanks.
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:14 PM   #30
Banned

and I don't mean to "shock" you or anything but if you think the greddy's are pricey, take a look at how much comptech sells their AXLEBACK exhausts for the 6th gens:

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/240112.html

take a look at how much a full cat back system will cost you(yes its all chromed out )

http://solar.innercite.com/comptech/230047.html

comptech, is the offical aftermarket part maker for honda, so go ahead and bash their pricing. afterall diamonds are just useless shiney stones. You can give your girlfiend a stone you picked off the ground, and like save a lot of money!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in