Injen Help - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #1
_

Injen Help

Can someone either tell me or point me in the direction of the thread talking about installing an intake. My Injen arrived today, and I am anxious to put it on, just don't know exactly what I need to do. I know I don't have to take off the front bumper, so any pointers will help me out.....hints, tools I will need, short cuts? I want this bad boy in.....
0430Steve is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #2
4 BANGER PRIDE!!!11!

installing an intake is really really easy.

Tools i used (on a 4-cyl but most likely they will be the same):
-10mm and 8mm socket
-6in extention
-Phillips screwdriver
-Flathead screwdriver

To take off the bumper: There are a few plastic pop clip under each wheel well, and one screw on each side. Under the car there are 4 10mm bolts and about 5 of the pop clip things. Under the hood I believe there are a few pop clip things but i am not sure if they are connected to the bumper or not. You will be able to tell when you look.
Anyway, once all the bolts,screws, and pop clips are out just pull. It helps to have a friend to help and it might take a min or two of wiggling and playing with it before it come off, but it will come off.

Short Cuts: My advice is to not take any......short cuts usually arent the best way to get things done on a car. Follow the instructions step-by-step and you should be just fine. The first part I ever put on a car (concerning the engine) was an Injen intake. It is extremely easy.

Hints: disconnect the battery (but don't remove) and pull the ECU backup fuse while you are installing.......this will reset the ECU. Don't forget to make sure you have your radio key for when you hook up the battery again. You will need to enter it to be able to use your radio since it will be reset because of the power loss.

Also....let your engine cool for a while before installing. The installation involves the movement of coolant lines and hot coolant is not fun to get on you. There will be a little coolant loss when you move the lines, but not enough to sweat it, so don't worry if you see some spill out.

I don't know if the V6 intakes are two piece, but the 4-cyl. ones are. If it is a two piece, make sure the two pieces are connected securely and well tightened......mine came apart while driving one night. The filter should also be well tightened because i know of a person on this forum who has a had a problem with his filter coming off while driving.

Like I said earlier, I worked on a 4-cylinder car so some of this information may not be accurate. If I left anything out or if you have any questions I will try to answer them as best as possible.
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #3

http://216.210.203.37/cai_ins/
all explained w/ pics. :-D.
deuzezwild is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old May 19th, 2004, 12:38 AM   #4
_

Word. Cool. Thanks guys. I will do it in the morning. But now I am wondering, mine came plain chrome (the tube).....no Injen logo......black hoses....is it fake? It came in the Injen box....same as your pics.....which, by the way I about shat my pants and sang out loud when I saw it on my doorstep....boo-yah........manana, she will be a different car. Thanks.
0430Steve is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #5
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Everyone at once.

FAQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in