Dyno proven results of AEM V2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2004, 01:29 PM   #1

Dyno proven results of AEM V2

Any one dyno their Accord after installation of an AEM V2 intake? Specifically on an EX V-6 sedan? I would like to see the low-end torque loss or gain.
2005 G35S 5AT Silver * Crawford Headers, Cats, and Plenum * Infiniti Chin and Rear Spoiler * Tokico D-Specs * 350Z Springs * 350EVO Sways * RH J5 19x8.5 Wheels * Falken FK451 Tires * Grounding Kit * Clear Corners * JL Audio 300/2 * JL Audio 250/1 * JL Audio ZR650CSi * JL Audio 10W3-V3
AMV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2004, 07:24 AM   #2
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom

If you want to see the gains dyno your car before and after in the same session. Reason why I laugh is because nobody's done it before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:25 AM   #3

dyno cost money, and I doubt anybody wants to go with this one basic mod just to prove to others. People usually wait till they finish with air flow mods and cams.

I have an idea how about we pitch in like $5 dollar to a paypal account and get somebody to go dyno it. This will end the question once and for all. I would go but there's no dyno in my area.
vnguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 24th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #4

I think since 7th genners are so determined we charge them all a fee of $1 since we have so many. Only need like 70-80 members. That's about the # of 7th genners to claim they have felt gains from their butt dynoes.
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:27 PM   #5
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally posted by Doom on May 24th, 2004 at 10:19 AM

I think since 7th genners are so determined we charge them all a fee of $1 since we have so many. Only need like 70-80 members. That's about the # of 7th genners to claim they have felt gains from their butt dynoes.
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:39 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to AV6on19s
Well I am getting my V2 today via UPS, I wish I could do a basline dyno before I install it but I dont have the $! V2 is on the visa!
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:58 PM   #7

Sell the 19s.
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom
Sell the 19s.
Ill never sell my 19s!
Old June 7th, 2004, 01:41 PM   #9
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom on May 24th, 2004 at 01:19 PM

That's about the # of 7th genners to claim they have felt gains from their butt dynoes.
My butt dyno also felt a gain........

and it's backed up by my track numbers too.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2004, 01:45 PM   #10

You know you ran your best on a colder day.
Old June 7th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #11
I AM LOST....

well.. when i have my car in unichip.. we will have dyno before and after...
Old June 7th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #12
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
Quote:
Originally posted by vnguy
dyno cost money, and I doubt anybody wants to go with this one basic mod just to prove to others. People usually wait till they finish with air flow mods and cams.

I have an idea how about we pitch in like $5 dollar to a paypal account and get somebody to go dyno it. This will end the question once and for all. I would go but there's no dyno in my area.
I agree. If i had money to throw away, I'd dyno the V2 for you guys. but I got jack sh*t right now. Collecting money is the best idea, unless someone has free hookups at a dyno shop, I or someone can volunteer.
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2004, 05:12 PM   #13

I hope someone can dyno it soon.
bigjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2004, 06:22 PM   #14
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiet on June 7th, 2004 at 03:16 PM

I agree. If i had money to throw away, I'd dyno the V2 for you guys. but I got jack sh*t right now. Collecting money is the best idea, unless someone has free hookups at a dyno shop, I or someone can volunteer.
Lol.. read my post.. my car is going to be dyno and tuned by Unichip from stock to each performance mod I add on... (v2, borla, nx)..

it is by end of this month..
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:46 PM   #15
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally posted by brex
Lol.. read my post.. my car is going to be dyno and tuned by Unichip from stock to each performance mod I add on... (v2, borla, nx)..

it is by end of this month..
but they'll be comparing stock and v2 w/ unichip so it wouldn't help any members that don't have the unichip.
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:06 AM   #16
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally posted by ctsport on June 7th, 2004 at 08:46 PM

but they'll be comparing stock and v2 w/ unichip so it wouldn't help any members that don't have the unichip.
i am sure they will have to do a dyno right after installing v2 in order to tune right? oh well.. i don't really know.. but i will ask them..
Old June 8th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #17
Stoner Boner

Alright, well if someone can post a stock dyno or something, we can base it off that. I'll dyno my car (V2 only) because I been wanting to before I get my Borla. I don't even have the stock airfilter box anymore, so I can show dyno results. There is a place at Corvette Master's right down the road, and they use DynoJet.
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:12 PM   #18

I've already done this. I had it dynoed before the V2 and after install. search under my user name to find the thread.
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #19

V2 owners, any concerns with sucking up water? Any close calls or issues with water/moisture?
2005 G35S 5AT Silver * Crawford Headers, Cats, and Plenum * Infiniti Chin and Rear Spoiler * Tokico D-Specs * 350Z Springs * 350EVO Sways * RH J5 19x8.5 Wheels * Falken FK451 Tires * Grounding Kit * Clear Corners * JL Audio 300/2 * JL Audio 250/1 * JL Audio ZR650CSi * JL Audio 10W3-V3
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:09 AM   #20
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
^nope, but then again i'm in california
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2004, 10:35 AM   #21
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
Quote:
Originally posted by AMV6
V2 owners, any concerns with sucking up water? Any close calls or issues with water/moisture?
The only concern is if you live in an area where it floods. The only way the V2 will suck any water is if the whole filter is submerged in water. If it floods, i wouldnt suggest you driving your car anywhere. If you think the v2 is sucking up water, just let it row and let the water go back down, dont gas it. BUT IT WILL ONLY SUCK WATER IF IT IS SUBMERGED IN WATER. hope i helped a little.

KIET

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiet
The only concern is if you live in an area where it floods. The only way the V2 will suck any water is if the whole filter is submerged in water. If it floods, i wouldnt suggest you driving your car anywhere. If you think the v2 is sucking up water, just let it row and let the water go back down, dont gas it. BUT IT WILL ONLY SUCK WATER IF IT IS SUBMERGED IN WATER. hope i helped a little.
Kiet, the information helped quite a bit, thank you. I wasn't concernced so much about flooding; you are right, if it is flooding I wouldn't drive around anyway. My concern was about splashing water from small puddles or spray from driving in the rain. I don't know how water resistant the chamber is where the filter rests. Do you do anything special to cover the filter while washing your car?
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #23
Stoner Boner

Pfft, you don't need to cover the filter up while washing your car. Think about driving around in the rain with all the mist coming up from tires of cars in front of you...if any *little* bit of water gets in there, it'll be evaporated by the time it gets inside the engine.
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #24

Another good thing about our cars is that the intake is on the LEFT side of the front of our cars so... when we make a right turn (being most big puddles are on corners) our filter is on the opposite side.
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:51 PM   #25

For those that have the AEM V2 installed, are you happy with the performance and sound?
Old June 14th, 2004, 09:25 PM   #26

Quote:
For those that have the AEM V2 installed, are you happy with the performance and sound?
100%
Old July 1st, 2004, 10:56 AM   #27

i have done before/after dynos... search.. for DYNO.. and you will find it... the thread is in the gen discussion on 7 gen

after dyno is with AEM V2 and Greddy Evo 2

+15 whp gain..
+10 lb-ft torque gain..
6speed.. 7 gen accord... all are SAE numbers
Buzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 05:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Yes sir. I'm dissatisfied that my stock tires spin even more through 1st and 2nd now though. I need stickier tires, too bad I don't want to spend the $$.

The sound is incredible- if you read my review I said I don't like the sound that the intake makes all the time- the woosh of air first rushing through the intake manifold. I've gotten used to it, especially since I play music most of the time
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:04 PM   #29

Send a message via ICQ to willshire Send a message via AIM to willshire
Quote:
Originally posted by AMV6 on June 14th, 2004 at 04:51 PM

I'd feel bad if I paid retail price. Overall I don't feel any faster, but the sound is great.

willshire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:06 PM   #30

Does anyone with a V2 think (or know) they lost torque?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in