04 Accord V6 coupe vs other cars - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:48 PM   #1

04 Accord V6 coupe vs other cars

hi
i want to know what cars are same level as 2004 v6 coupe
and mazda 6 and 04 v6 which is better ?
ferrari0266 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2004, 09:04 PM   #2
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

This thread will go one of two ways....

First way: People will start to exaggerate the capabilities of the Accord and downplay the capabilites of others and misrepresent the cars. In the name of keeping the information here intelligent and useful, that will require the BS flag to be raised. People do not always like "honesty", so a flame war could very well ensue. Personal attacks will be made. Thread will get locked.

OR....

People can be honest about the Accord, honest about other cars, and we can all have an intelligent discussion and actually LEARN things about the Accord and other cars.

Obviously I hope we can have an intelligent discussion.

BTW also checkout the V6 Racing & Tuning forum.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...?s=&forumid=94

There's a 1/4 mile sub-forum, along with V6 vs ALL. There lots of threads in there worth reading through, many of which have been locked.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2004, 01:50 AM   #3

Well heres my review of both the Mazda 6 auto and my 04 accord coupe 6 speed:

First off, both cars are very nice in many ways, but it all depends on what you are looking for.

The Mazda 6s auto: One of my friends has a mazda 6. Overall, I think the car is nice, and I have driven it quite a few times. The handling is so much better than the accord and the overall appearance of a sporty car is more present in the Mazda interior than the accord coupe interior. Buttons galore . The dash lights up in a brilliant red which is really nice and its got this sweet dimming function for the instrument cluster since it is extremely bright, lol. The interior of that car just looks alot cooler than the accord. Now, Mazda has skimped on a few things: the seats are not very supportive, and you tend to move around a whole lot and it just feels incomplete underneath you. The "Bose" system is a complete disappointment honestly, for me. The bass response is so minimal with the bass turned all the way up that you would think its a no name system. While driving, the V6 is smooth and powerful, but a little slower than the accord which I pretty much expected out of a 220 HP engine. If you are looking for a FUN car to drive and want a more sporty feel, get the Mazda.

The Accord EX 6 speed: Well, first off, it feels a lot more quicker than the Mazda, which it is (however, I drove the auto Mazda 6). The appearance of the interior is a lot more like a luxury car and theres more of a Euro look and feel to it. The car just feels more solid underneath you. The seats provide good bolstering and are very comfortable and actually keep u IN the seat instead of sliding all over it. The ride is also a lot smoother than the Mazda. As far as stock sound systems go, I think Honda just put their own premium sound system and it sounds better than any no-name system and better than Mazda's "Bose" system. If you are looking to transport more than 2 people, getting into the backseat of the coupe will be a pain in the a$$, but thats true with most coupes and its actually pretty comfortable back there too. The interior is a little plain compared to the Mazda, also. The accord just lacks a sporty look and feel but is high on the luxury aspect (well, for its price range, anyway). The car doesnt handle very well, but hey, it picks up well and is very comfortable, so I'd say if you wanted a more COMFORTABLE, FAST car to drive, get the accord but its a bit more expensive than the Mazda. As far as quickness and handling goes for the Accord, im not sure about the auto, but I've heard its still pretty quick.

So, if you are looking for a car to have fun with, get the Mazda. If you are looking for a car to relax in get the Accord (which is still quicker).

All around better car -- Who can say for sure? All I know is that I trust Honda's long term reliability based on other's personal experiences and I always like quicker, powerful cars. I wasn't looking for comfort but thats what I got in the end. Plus its a great car to mod and thats why I'm here (even though it compromises reliability but im only 19 and I don't think I care yet )

As far as other cars at the same level as the 04 Accord coupe, look into the 05 Nissan Altima which I've heard will kick the $hit out of a V6 Accord in terms of power and its in the same price range. It all depends on what you want out of it.

Last edited by OUTATIME; June 7th, 2004 at 02:05 AM..
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 7th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #4

depends on what you are talking about here, 6speed or auto. Stock for stock I here that 6speeds run even with the CL-S(????manual or auto????)
vnguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in