AEM V2 Install (yes I did search) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2004, 07:19 PM   #1

AEM V2 Install (yes I did search)

Okay, I've already searched the topic and read several very helpful threads on installing the AEM V2. Since I've never installed an intake before (most work I've ever done was installing an exhaust on a friend's car...which was simple cause everything bolted right into place and there were no wires to mess with) so I'm a bit nervous about messing up my car.

I have the directions from AEM, and they look a bit complicated. It says I'm supposed to remove the driver's side wheel well, and the wheel as well. If I remove the wheel, I won't have any issues with balance or alignment, will I?

It also says I'm supposed to drain the radiator fluid, which I have no idea how to do. Some threads I read said that it wasn't necessary, and that some fluid would just spill out. If I manage to catch what spills out in a cup, can I just pour it back in when I'm finished?

Thirdly, I'm wondering if I actually need to remove the wheel/wheel well, or if just removing the front bumper would be okay. The directions don't say anything about removing the bumper, but it seems like a lot of people have been doing it for CAI installs.

Lastly, if there's anything else I need to know, I'd appreciate it being posted here before I get to work.

Oh yeah, tools. I have basic tools, but will I need a socket set and things like that? I'm guessing that I'll need to jack up the front driver's side if I'm going to remove the wheel well and wheel.

Thanks guys
Eric1285 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #2
To lazy to give a f**k

here are pics of my CAI.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dandaman2883

Yeah, you can just loosen the wheel well cover and front bumper, you don't have to take them completely off.

The radiator has a white valve on the bottom facing the engine, you can use a large pot, it make a little mess but nothing major. When you are done just pour it back in.

The IAT sensor is supposed to look like my pics when your done.
Look at the last two pics and you can see the original "wiring harness" (black plastic covered in electrical tape).

Any other questions just post them up.

good luck!!

Last edited by dandaman; June 8th, 2004 at 08:19 PM..
dandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:09 PM   #3

So I don't have to take off the wheel? And any clean container will do for the radiator fluid, correct?

Old June 8th, 2004, 09:52 PM   #4
To lazy to give a f**k

not really, just turn the wheel all the way to the right. If you want to go ahead and take it off, it will just give you a little more elbow room.

yea, any clean container. just find something as big as possible. anything wider than a foot should do nicely.
dandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:58 AM   #5

Okay...here's a problem already. I can't even get the damned battery terminal things off. How am I supposed to do this?
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:22 AM   #6

Nevermind...got it! Early morning stupidity.
Old June 9th, 2004, 11:26 AM   #7

Okay, it's way too hot outside, and the people are here to cut the grass...basically, I got as far as removing the battery, then trying to remove the breather hose. In the process, I managed to drop a socket thingy down into the engine bay. How bad is this? I couldn't get it out. I saw it, and poked it with a stick (in hopes of getting it to roll out) but it just rolled away out of sight. I put everything back together and started the car just fine. I drove around the block slowly and I did some hard braking to try and jar it loose. I didn't hear any odd sounds (maybe one or two, but they sounded like they were coming from the rear, so it was probably something shifting in my trunk). Any suggestions? Should I jack up the car some time and try to find the bugger, or will it just roll out with time?
Old June 9th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #8
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Did you check the FAQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Doom
Did you check the FAQ
Yep, anyways, I drove around really hard for a while. Did some sharp turns and heavy braking. I had some noises earlier, but none now. Think I'm in the clear? I will check for the thing that fell in when I do the actual intake install on Saturday of course, but I think I'm pretty safe for now. It probably fell out somewhere, as I was aiming to hit most of the potholes on the road and I drove over some speed bumps at a decent speed.
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:46 PM   #10

Where did you guys order your v2 cai from, thanks alot
kbumpers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:49 PM   #11

And how much did you guys pay for the intake
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:57 PM   #12

$220 from buyperformance
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #13

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in