DYNOS.... Stock vs GReddy Evo2+AEMV2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2004, 04:14 PM   #1

DYNOS.... Stock vs GReddy Evo2+AEMV2

Hi all, i am new , will post the actual dyno sheets later this evening..: but as a quick note.

Stock --- 205 whp, 187 ft-lb torque... SAE corrected
AEMV2+Greddy Evo2 --- 219 whp, 185 lb-ft SAE corrected..
same shop, diff in the runs was +/- 5 deg F,
Buzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2004, 04:20 PM   #2
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
lost torque.. gain more high end hp.. sure that's what we need..

btw.. yours is a 6speed right?
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #3
Stoner Boner

wtf?! When I dyno'd stock vs V2 alone I got 14.7 gains at max just off the intake, please don't tell me the exhaust did a whopping 3HP and a substaintial amount of tq loss....I might end up having to stick to the borla after all. GRR.
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to AwSoMNaMjA
Quote:
Originally posted by stoner
wtf?! When I dyno'd stock vs V2 alone I got 14.7 gains at max just off the intake, please don't tell me the exhaust did a whopping 3HP and a substaintial amount of tq loss....I might end up having to stick to the borla after all. GRR.
when u add mods together...the hp dont stack up....so from stock to intake is 15hp...stock to greddy evo is 10hp....those hps will not add up.
K&N filter Cold Air intake/Neuspeed strut bar/DIY blackhousing headlights/Hid plus 4800k/Ground Control coilovers/SPC rear camber kit/custom single GReddy Evo/OEM front lip/DIY tinted rear tail lights/15in Kicker Solobaric L7/DIY Booty call/7 inch sharp screen with dvd player/215.55.16 Falken Azenis/Comptech rear sway bar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
^^^^^^^click pic^^^^^^^
AwSoMNaMjA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:49 PM   #5
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally posted by AwSoMNaMjA on June 30th, 2004 at 04:21 PM

when u add mods together...the hp dont stack up....so from stock to intake is 15hp...stock to greddy evo is 10hp....those hps will not add up.

the exhaust usually doesn't make lot much gain anywayz..

but lost torque is BAD...
Old June 30th, 2004, 06:21 PM   #6

Glad I didn't buy my exhaust yet.

So, anyone with Borla + v2 dyno yet?
tcador is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:04 PM   #7
rice?..not my car...EH!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by stoner
I don't think the exaust really adds that much more power in the 7 gen V-6 accord. After I put in my6 custome magnaflow cat and back, my seat of the pants dyno tells me that I probably only gained 4-5hp top end. Bottom really increased though
S.A.M6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #8

DYNOS UPDATED

This is the before/after dyno,, 2004 accord V6 6 speed
couple of things..
the stock run was done with my resonator box removed
after run is with AEM V2 and Greddy Evo2.
the stock numbers are very predictable... 205 whp (~15% of 240 crank hp) and stock torque is 186 ( 15% of the crank 212 lb-ft torques is about 180 lb-ft on the wheels..). the 15% is an average loss in the transmission and i think its a good approx.
the after run was
220whp and 195 lb-ft of torque...
the runs are both SAE , 4th gear, +/- 5 deg F outside temp difference between runs, coolant temp was +/- 1deg..

considering that the 6speed has a quasi CAI from the factory... the V2 are much higher for an automatic..
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:14 PM   #9

how do i post images from my desktop

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/phot...4w26rul0m5nmm1

Hope this works
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:37 PM   #10

if you see his dyno graph, he gained 10lb of torque. He must have typoed the 195 into 185!
shockwave1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 01:41 AM   #11
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally posted by shockwave1111 on June 30th, 2004 at 09:37 PM

if you see his dyno graph, he gained 10lb of torque. He must have typoed the 195 into 185!
Looks like it... lol...
Old July 1st, 2004, 02:52 AM   #12

When you say the 6 speed has a "Quasi CAI" from the factory what do you mean?

How is the 6speed intake different from the auto?
::abizzom:: is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 04:07 AM   #13
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally posted by ::abizzom:: on July 1st, 2004 at 01:52 AM

When you say the 6 speed has a "Quasi CAI" from the factory what do you mean?

How is the 6speed intake different from the auto?
Yes, 6mt have different intake than auto.. supposely less restrictions, etc.. but i am not sure how it looks like either..
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:43 AM   #14

In retrospect, those numbers are pretty good!
tcador is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 07:00 AM   #15
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

what the heck was happening below 5400 rpm on the baseline dyno?

There's a massive jump higher on the baseline at 5400 rpm but the modded dyno doesn't have that jump and is already following the higher track.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 07:08 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to jwarren
can i query, was this run with regular or premium fuel??

And to all you experts out there: (i've read the other thread)

Would it make more or less of a difference with these mods as opposed to the "10 hp gain" of premium over regular in the stock v6 ?
I can find the Borla, Aem intake and put premium in and gain 20-25 (real, not mfg statement) ponies, that is a worthwhile $1000.
jwarren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 09:31 AM   #17

Ok guys.. about the "jump" around 5400 rpm, on the stock dyno... that is my VTEC kicking in...
the second dyno(with mods), the VTEC engagement is smoothened out, due to improved engine breathing... or essentially, the VTEC makes the engine breathe better, but with the mods, the airflow to the motor is increased , as is the rate of exhaust flow, and the VTEC engagement is smoothened out..
this run was on premium fuel,
I did a dyno last year on 87 fuel, stock, and i got 203 whp, compared to last months 205 whp on premium, ... so i am not so convinced that premium gives the ridiculous 10 hp that people claim... i might be wrong too though...

I also have the same dyno comparison, but in Actual Horse power... not SAE.. so if anybody is interested, i can post that also..
about the 6 speed... it has a much less restrictive intake system (stock), compared to the auto, that is why some people see more differential gains from the auto... but also .. i have seen that the autos---- stock.. consistently put to the ground around 197-200 whp.. .. which is due to the larger transmission loss (auto is ~ 20%).. ..
I doubt that the AEM V2 on my car did the 'hardly belivable' claim of 18 WHP.. from the AEM website... .. maybe they tested an automatic 7gen.. where the gains from stock will be higher..(stock for auto is about 5-7 hp less to the ground than 6sp).. but i still think that AEM V2 + good quality exhaust ... is a significant gain all around the power curve... no loss of power or torque....
i did a 1/4 mile yesterday... .. 14.55... .. and this is AT 5600 ft elevation... DENVER.. Colorado.... i am pretty sure.. at sea level i might be in the 14.4's

thanks for the replys...
Old July 1st, 2004, 09:53 AM   #18

the 5400 rpm kick can't be VTEC. it has to be something else. 4000 is when the variable manifold switches over, and then the little hump at 4800 is VTEC. You can see both of those on your dynos. I've seen a bunch of J30A4 dynos and have never seen anything at 5400rpm like that, so that's definitely an abnormality. And I/E mods aren't going to significantly alter any "VTEC humps" either based on a bunch of other Honda VTEC dynos I've seen.

I'm thinking that timing must have been getting pulled on your baseline run for some reason and then it just suddenly kicked back in. That could very well have caused it. You said you were tracking coolant temp so I assume you have an OBD-II scanner? By chance were you tracking ignition timing advance also?
Old July 1st, 2004, 10:26 AM   #19

SteVtec,,,, you are correct about the variable manifold engagement at 4k rpms... .. about the hump, I also have seen quite a lot of dynos... and for example.. an integra GSR dyno has that very specific spike.. i might be wrong too.... maybe A/C was on.. and at VTEC engagement is switched off..(the A/C turns off at VTEC).. that might be it.. too.. for the after run(with mods).. i specifically told the guy to turn the A/C off.. but still after 5400 rpms.. shouldnt matter.. A/C turns off..no matter what

also i do have an embedded computer in my car.. and a touch-screen LCD.. the computer.. is connected to the factory OBDII port.. and i have an AUTOTAP.. with the enhanced software.. i constantly monitor all the motor performance while driving.. one thing i have noticed.. is that the intake temp sensor.. definately reports lower temps compared to stock..(the air intake sensor is allocated due to the AEM V2)..
now (with the V2) the air intake temp is within 5-10 deg F of the outside wheather temperature..while city driving.. and on highway driving.. the sesor reports almost outside temperature... which is good... the air is consistently cooler compared to stock.. in stock form..(Then i also had the monitoring software.).. the air intake temps were 20-30 deg F higher than the outside temp..(the sensor then was in the throttle body)..
as far as timing.. it is a variable.. and changes all the time.. i can plot it over time.. but i have no previous (stock..) timing to compare to..
Old July 1st, 2004, 10:49 AM   #20

more pix..

pix of both the V2 and the Greddy Evo2

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/phot...o1440zvw0debjr

Greddy Evo 2

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/phot...8jl2yb0up9nl73

these pix are from my phone... i know they are not the best.. but..
Old July 1st, 2004, 11:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzz
also i do have an embedded computer in my car.. and a touch-screen LCD.. the computer.. is connected to the factory OBDII port.. and i have an AUTOTAP.. with the enhanced software.. i constantly monitor all the motor performance while driving..

DaveDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 12:35 PM   #22

Quote:
SteVtec,,,, you are correct about the variable manifold engagement at 4k rpms... .. about the hump, I also have seen quite a lot of dynos... and for example.. an integra GSR dyno has that very specific spike.. i might be wrong too.... maybe A/C was on.. and at VTEC engagement is switched off..(the A/C turns off at VTEC).. that might be it.. too.. for the after run(with mods).. i specifically told the guy to turn the A/C off.. but still after 5400 rpms.. shouldnt matter.. A/C turns off..no matter what

coulda been a/c, coulda been a timing glitch, etc. But it's pretty well established that the VTEC x-over on the J30A4 is the smooth little hump at 4800, although tech docs on Hondanews.com have not said specifically. VTEC x-over on these cars is not a big giant vertical step like on a DOHC VTEC that goes to 8k or so. At least the "whatever the hell that was" didn't screw up your peak numbers.

Quote:
also i do have an embedded computer in my car.. and a touch-screen LCD.. the computer.. is connected to the factory OBDII port.. and i have an AUTOTAP.. with the enhanced software.. i constantly monitor all the motor performance while driving.. one thing i have noticed.. is that the intake temp sensor.. definately reports lower temps compared to stock..(the air intake sensor is allocated due to the AEM V2)..
now (with the V2) the air intake temp is within 5-10 deg F of the outside wheather temperature..while city driving.. and on highway driving.. the sesor reports almost outside temperature... which is good... the air is consistently cooler compared to stock.. in stock form..(Then i also had the monitoring software.).. the air intake temps were 20-30 deg F higher than the outside temp..(the sensor then was in the throttle body)..
as far as timing.. it is a variable.. and changes all the time.. i can plot it over time.. but i have no previous (stock..) timing to compare to..
Now THAT is freakin SWEET!

The timing map shouldn't have changed so any data you grab should still be relevant to all of these cars.
Old July 1st, 2004, 12:38 PM   #23

Quote:
I did a dyno last year on 87 fuel, stock, and i got 203 whp, compared to last months 205 whp on premium, ... so i am not so convinced that premium gives the ridiculous 10 hp that people claim... i might be wrong too though...
My Maxima will lose about 7-8 whp/wtq by dropping down to regular grade gas (dyno proven) and it's 160 fwhp stock, so 10 whp on an AV6 is by no means out of the question IMHO. Apparently the service manual for the AV6 states that the engine has to run knock free for about 300 miles before it'll go back up onto the higher performance map. So if you just drained the tank and filled it up with premium before your dyno it could have still been on the more conservative advance map. Gotta drive it for a tank or two, apparently.
Old July 1st, 2004, 01:31 PM   #24
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzz on July 1st, 2004 at 09:26 AM

NICE...

Can you show me how you're mounting the LCD screen right now? and also where you mount the carputer? thanks..
Old July 1st, 2004, 02:01 PM   #25

I will post some pix of the touch screen LCD tonight..(still at work right now)..
as a side note.. both before and after dyno runs.. are with 91 gas.. (been using it for a year now... ) no 93 in Denver area..

i am a electronics freak and have been playing with cars for quite a while.. the LCD + embedded computer. is the sweetest mod i have so far..
the touchscreen controlls the computer.. and to the computer i have connected the Autotap.. (which is constantly connected to my OBD II port ), also i have GPS navigation, totally sweet, Earthmate USB GPS antenna + software.. very nice.. i also have a DVD on the computer.. and about 5 gigs of music.. the most important part is that the resolution of the LCD is 800x600 and the computer output screen comes out absolutely perfect..
later on i plan on getting the greddy emanage ECU piggy back.. and connect it to the computer.. so i can change fuel and ignition maps in real time, while driving..
the computer is under the driver's seat.. its really thin.. and has 4 usb ports.. DVD, and windows/Linux on it..
will post some pix once i get home from work...
Old July 1st, 2004, 02:13 PM   #26

Quote:
I will post some pix of the touch screen LCD tonight..(still at work right now)..
as a side note.. both before and after dyno runs.. are with 91 gas.. (been using it for a year now... ) no 93 in Denver area..
ah, actually, if you're in Denver (very high altitude) that's probably why you didn't see much if any difference between 87 and 91. The ECU is probably already able to run full advance on 87 since air pressure is much lower at those altitudes. 91 is probably way more than you need up there.
Old July 1st, 2004, 02:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzz on July 1st, 2004 at 03:01 PM

i am a electronics freak and have been playing with cars for quite a while.. the LCD + embedded computer. is the sweetest mod i have so far..
the touchscreen controlls the computer.. and to the computer i have connected the Autotap.. (which is constantly connected to my OBD II port ), also i have GPS navigation, totally sweet, Earthmate USB GPS antenna + software.. very nice.. i also have a DVD on the computer.. and about 5 gigs of music.. the most important part is that the resolution of the LCD is 800x600 and the computer output screen comes out absolutely perfect..
later on i plan on getting the greddy emanage ECU piggy back.. and connect it to the computer.. so i can change fuel and ignition maps in real time, while driving..
the computer is under the driver's seat.. its really thin.. and has 4 usb ports.. DVD, and windows/Linux on it..

When you hit the nitrous does your computer give you a "Danger to manifold!" alarm?

j/k that is friggin sweet dude!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2004, 03:46 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to AV6on19s
If you take a stock Av6 and throw 19s on it, will the WHP on the dyno go down because of more parasitic loss? Im going to have my car dyno'd soon and I have 19s, just wondering if that will make the small difference.

I called Venom-Performance today about the VCN2k Nitrous Set-up for our cars. They are doing it quite soon and Ill be getting it using a 75-shot! It will be installed by Turbotrix and they have a dyno! Cant wait to see the numbers! Id also like to see what I have basline with 93/V2/Borla! Any news on J-pipe damn it?
Old July 1st, 2004, 03:49 PM   #29
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzz on July 1st, 2004 at 01:01 PM

similiar to what I have.. except I am only using it for nav, mp3 and divx.. i haven't spend the $ on the computer yet because I am waiting to use one of those UPC (flipstartpc, sonly u70, oqo, etc)..

as far as changing fuel and ignition map in real-time, why would you wanna do that? i mean other than at times retard the timing so you can run nos.. otherwise, once you got the car tuned right, there is no point changing it back and forth..?

the unichip project allows you to select two different settings with flip of switch, and on my car, it will be one optimized for performance without nos, and 2nd one with nos.. to me.. that's seems good enuf already..
Old July 1st, 2004, 03:50 PM   #30

In the higher gears that you dyno in the difference of heavier rims might not be apparent. It has a HUGE effect in lower gears, though since you're accelerating harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in