? on 18" rims on accord coupe - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #1

? on 18" rims on accord coupe

Hi there,

I am new to the forums and I have a quick question about the wheels size, offset, etc. question about the new accord coupe. I currently have a 02 CL: Type-S (stock rim 17") with a 114.3 X 5 lug pattern and have Panther EMR 175 18 X 8 chrome wheels on it with an offset of +43, 6.19" backside and I have no rubbing problems unless 2 people are in the back seat and I hit a huge bump in the road. The tires just barely stick outside the fender on my CL, maybe 1/4" if that. No the car is not lowered. You can check my car out here and don't forget ti check out my Dads NSX! It rocks!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...8&cat=25&val=1

I am getting a new 05 accord coupe V6 (aero kit, wings west mid wing, etc.) auto tranny but am upgrading to the 6-speed rims for the winter and putting on the current wheels I talked about above for the other 9 months of the year since I know they will fot the lug pattern on the new accord coupe. I am going to lower the car about 1-1.5" in the front or 1" all around (have not made my mind up yet) w/ Eibach or Comptech springs to stiffin the ride and give it a more aggressive ride.

Tires are Toyo 245/40/ZR18 with 18 X 8" wheels offset +43, 6.19" backside.

Main question is do you think by lowering the car w/ stiffer springs 1" with the above aftermarket rim and tire setup, will I have rubbing problems?

I do not think I will have problems by not lowering the car but might with. Just trying to get some ideas from you guys.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Thanks for looking and have a good day and I am glad to be part of the be cool forums as I am sure I will enjoy them.

Last edited by hondapwr; July 11th, 2004 at 01:41 PM..
hondapwr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2004, 11:18 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to AV6on19s
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondapwr
Hi there,
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...8&cat=25&val=1
Tires are Toyo 245/40/ZR18 with 18 X 8" wheels offset +43, 6.19" backside.

Main question is do you think by lowering the car w/ stiffer springs 1" with the above aftermarket rim and tire setup, will I have rubbing problems?

I cant say for sure if you will rub, but my car is lowered 2 in the front, 1 in the back, and I have 19x8s 40mm offset with 235s all around. I have no rubbing issues and the wheels do not stick out, they are perfect fit actually. Since you have some more offset, I would say yes they would fit but dont quote me. Maybe you can find someone who has an Accord near you and try and fit em!
Old July 11th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6on19s
I cant say for sure if you will rub, but my car is lowered 2 in the front, 1 in the back, and I have 19x8s 40mm offset with 235s all around. I have no rubbing issues and the wheels do not stick out, they are perfect fit actually. Since you have some more offset, I would say yes they would fit but dont quote me. Maybe you can find someone who has an Accord near you and try and fit em!
Thanks for the reply. I think you helped me. I would not think there is a huge diff. in 43 and 40 offset. The only place I ever rub is on the inside of the wheel well, never on the fender as if I did there would be marks and the fender is still perfect. But as we all know the stock springs in most acuras/hondas are soft for that cushy ride and that is the reason I want to stiffin the ride when I lower it. I do not think I will need struts as I hope springs will do the job. Basically just trying to make it look and handle better and not rub b/c of the stiffness. So I think by having my tire the way it is now is no big deal and the CL is basically an overgrown Accord so I am sure the wheel fitment/look will be the same on the accord.
hondapwr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in