will exhaust void the honda warranty? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #1
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
will exhaust void the honda warranty?

i recently purchased an 03 accord v6 with a 6 speed and have several mods planned out in the near future. one of the first being a cat back exhaust system. after checking out both the greddy evo2 and the borla systems i like the borla better (less intake type sound, less $, and less visible mufflers from the side) but i was told that it might void the factory warranty issued by honda. i just got the car and the warranty goes for another 6 years. i know mad people have this done, so whats the deal, is it still covered even tho the engine back pressure is slightly changed??? holla back
~v6 sicks speed
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2004, 06:47 PM   #2
God of Car

Send a message via AIM to i3igpete
no. it will not. otherwise midas and meineke would go out of business if people could only get OEM exhausts.
Old July 13th, 2004, 12:14 AM   #3
get'cha roll on...

do u have a video or sound file of what the tanabe sounds like on our car? i have vids of the borla, greddy and magnaflow. borla sounds real good, greddy sounds pretty much the same but costs $200 more and the mufflers are much more visible at a side angle, and the magnaflow dosnt sound real good at all, anything on tanabe? holla back
~v6 sicks speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old July 13th, 2004, 08:32 AM   #4

Is The Borla Exhaust Better Than The Greddy? I Am Getting The Aem V2 And Either One Of Those Exhaust But Dont Know Which To Chose. Where Are Those Vids Located?
rocks03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 13th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Ursus
Quote:
do u have a video or sound file of what the tanabe sounds like on our car? i have vids of the borla, greddy and magnaflow. borla sounds real good, greddy sounds pretty much the same but costs $200 more and the mufflers are much more visible at a side angle, and the magnaflow dosnt sound real good at all, anything on tanabe? holla back
Hey there, I just got my Tanabe Hyper Medalion installed on sat. I have some pix in the "lets see your exhaust pix" thread. I do have some video/sound clips which i can send them to you. IM me on AIM, my SN is "Ursus Maritimuz". or just pm so i can email them to you. They sound awesome! the exhaust look aggressive too, since they are not THAT big and not too small either. I've been trying to post up videos on imagestation but I only have mov.files instead of mpegs, and I dont have the Vegas4.0 program to render it, so I have pmed someone to post it for me. Anyways, let me know.. here's a sample pic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SHIFT_2.0
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 13th, 2004, 05:17 PM   #6
Make Way for The Bad Guy!

Send a message via AIM to JoeySmallz
Hey if you want my Borla it's for sale, click the link in my signature for all the info. Won't be able to find a better deal anywhere else. I've got pics and a vids of how it sounds all in my parts for sale thread. I'm in NY also. Thanks man.
JoeySmallz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2004, 05:43 PM   #7
get'cha roll on...

im not sure where i found the vids, but someone has them up as a zip file and i got like 9 vids, 3 from each system, pretty good deal if u can find em, it helps a lot. hey how much did the tanabe's run u ursus?

Old July 14th, 2004, 06:13 PM   #8
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Here it is..

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=31174
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 14th, 2004, 10:02 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Ursus
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
im not sure where i found the vids, but someone has them up as a zip file and i got like 9 vids, 3 from each system, pretty good deal if u can find em, it helps a lot. hey how much did the tanabe's run u ursus?
Hi I actually got hold of these from my friend's friend who was selling his accord for an Acura TSX (he needed a 4door car). anyhow, i heard he got these for around $900ish shipped to LA, CA. I got them for $700 since it was used for about 5 weeks. (I was there when he first installed it) It sounds awesome and I love them.

SHIFT_2.0
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:20 PM   #10
get'cha roll on...

not a bad deal, i think im a go on the borla system, i found it online for $617 at www.ajusa.com... best price i came across so far, i just wanna make sure ill still be covered in the warranty, so it shouldnt be a problem?
~v6 sicks speed

Old July 15th, 2004, 09:25 PM   #11

Quote:
not a bad deal, i think im a go on the borla system, i found it online for $617 at www.ajusa.com... best price i came across so far, i just wanna make sure ill still be covered in the warranty, so it shouldnt be a problem?
~v6 sicks speed
Best price would be to buy mine for $500 . I wouldn't worry about the warranty with an an aftermarket exhaust. Most dealerships will not bust your balls about it, but be carefull because in certain situations there are some that will. i work in service and have yet to see, in the year that I've worked there, anybody mentioning not covering something under warranty because of an exhaust.
Old July 15th, 2004, 11:35 PM   #12
God of Car

i seriously doubt they can legally void anything with an exhaust. think about it. an exhaust is one of those things that HAVE to be replaced periodically; there's no way around it. it's like an air filter, a battery, brake pads, belts and headlight bulbs. these items are considered "consumable" parts by the auto industry, and that is why the warranty doesn't cover replacement when one of these things wear out.

and the law states that unless a manufacturer provides you with a replacement part free of charge, you can change maintenance items with any aftermarket part as long as it is within reasonable spec. IIRC, ferrari made a big stink about this awhile back because people were replacing their air filters with generic ones, and ferrari threatened to cancel warranties. but of course, they lost this battle pretty bad.

Last edited by i3igpete; July 15th, 2004 at 11:42 PM..
i3igpete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 16th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #13
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3igpete
an exhaust is one of those things that HAVE to be replaced periodically; there's no way around it.
exhaust have to be replaced periodically?
Old July 16th, 2004, 01:17 AM   #14
God of Car

well maybe not where you live. but for people who live in places where we get a thing called "snow", most mild steel exhausts will rust out and leak after about 4 years. hell, no exhaust will live forever due to the water in the exhaust emissions. exhausts are things that have to be replaced. therefore, it is a "consumable" item.

unless honda is willing to give away millions of exhausts to replace all the rusty ones, they cannot void your warranty.
Old July 16th, 2004, 01:34 AM   #15
I AM LOST....

Quote:
well maybe not where you live. but for people who live in places where we get a thing called "snow", most mild steel exhausts will rust out and leak after about 4 years. hell, no exhaust will live forever due to the water in the exhaust emissions. exhausts are things that have to be replaced. therefore, it is a "consumable" item.

unless honda is willing to give away millions of exhausts to replace all the rusty ones, they cannot void your warranty.
Lol.. i was living in Toronto and Vancouver.. never had to dealt with muffler rusting out as well.. but then.. back then i didn't care much about cars so i never take notice..
Old July 16th, 2004, 06:27 AM   #16

Quote:

That's why you buy something like Borla that has a 1 Million mile warranty agaisnt corrosion.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 07:44 PM   #17
get'cha roll on...

yea im a big fan of the 1 million mile warranty, not as if its gonna be that long but to know itll be around for as long as my car is, (esp with a honda) i know itll be aight... i saw some kid post that his borla didnt sound any different but he said its cuz he rocked an auto (god knows why) but itll sound nice and loud with the 6 speed, right?

Old July 22nd, 2004, 07:59 PM   #18

Quote:
yea im a big fan of the 1 million mile warranty, not as if its gonna be that long but to know itll be around for as long as my car is, (esp with a honda) i know itll be aight... i saw some kid post that his borla didnt sound any different but he said its cuz he rocked an auto (god knows why) but itll sound nice and loud with the 6 speed, right?
Not loud at all. Kinda nice sounding although it wasn't really for my taste. I just sold my Borla and ordered the Greddy Evo2, I hoping to be a lot more satisfied with the new cat-back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in