Comptech Supercharger coming out.... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2004, 03:39 PM   #1

Comptech Supercharger coming out....

Hey guys,,,, I have been exploring the idea of a custon S/C or turbo kit for my 04 6MT coupe. I decided to call Comptech and see if they are planning something.. and .... sweetness... ::::

e-mail quote before i called

Hi ,

My name is Emil and I own a 04 accord coupe with the 3.0 VTEC motor and a 6
speed manual gearbox. I am currently exploring my options on a bolt-on
supercharger or a custom built turbo or S/C. Just wondering if you guys have
something in the works for the 03-04 accord V6, if so I would definately
wait
for your product.
Thanks for the help

Emil

Re::
Dear Emil,

We have plans to release a supercharge kit for the 03- Accord V6 towards
first part of next year. I have no further information on the kit a this
time. I recommend that you check back with us in about 2-3 months for more
updates.

Thanks,
Rob Maraglio
Comptech USA
888-626-6783

Then i called and talked to some guy that had some more info on the product, it will be similar to the 6th gen S/C and will cost around the same price, he said that no major upgrades will be needed for the fuel system supply except a fuel regulator/possibly new fuel pump.... as far as gains .. the guy said , around 40-60 whp..

Cant wait to get one, with that baby the accord might be around 280 whp, which i think for a FWD is pretty good.
Buzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2004, 03:49 PM   #2

you listen to comptech? they haven't even release an icebox for us yet =p
shockwave1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #3
Make Way for The Bad Guy!

Send a message via AIM to JoeySmallz
Thumbs down

2-3 Months in Comptech land is equal to about 7 years in the real world. It's nice that they have all these big plans for us...maybe one of us will still have our cars by the time they come out with stuff.
JoeySmallz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 20th, 2004, 04:35 PM   #4
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by x03BlackAccV6x
2-3 Months in Comptech land is equal to about 7 years in the real world. It's nice that they have all these big plans for us...maybe one of us will still have our cars by the time they come out with stuff.
That is true with some of there projects but at least they are doing it. That is better than nothing at all .

7th gen S/C AV6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2004, 04:48 PM   #5

Does an exploding transmission count as a mod?
sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2004, 04:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwiches
Only as a show mod.
shockwave1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #7

I will probably be in my mid 40's before Comptech goes bonkers with the 7th gen. Who knows, it might even be the 9th generation of accords before they ever do anything.

Dustin
Roadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2004, 06:08 PM   #8
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmaster
I will probably be in my mid 40's before Comptech goes bonkers with the 7th gen. Who knows, it might even be the 9th generation of accords before they ever do anything.

Dustin
Not to be mean or anything but being negative isn't going to make it come out faster. Again, at least they are doing it. They don't have to do anything for the Accord since there isn't a huge demand like with the Civic.

Old July 20th, 2004, 07:13 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to AV6on19s
Ive been waiting for a supercharger, but I am not going to hold my breath for Comptech. Shockwave had a nice comment
AV6on19s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #10

300hp in a FWD...what fun They should make one for the 4
Genius6Spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 01:58 AM   #11
Brawn GP > RBR Renault

Yes! I hope Comptech does release a Supercharger for our 7th generation Accord V6's, along with a J-pipe.
drkangel348 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 04:50 AM   #12

40-60 for an S/C is just not worth it unless it's under $500
7thGenACCORDcom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 05:01 AM   #13
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGenACCORDcom
Superchargers are all about torque . The 7th gen AV6 has enough HP, it needs more torque .

Old July 21st, 2004, 07:24 AM   #14
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius6Spd
300hp in a FWD...what fun
Well, at least imo, it'd be more fun than 240 to 260 hp.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:56 AM   #15
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Quote:
Actually the 6th gen Accords with proper tuning and the high boost pulley are putting out 100whp gains and running high 13s. Not bad considering they were running low 16s stock.

Comptech does take their sweet time but they build good stuff. They're probably building other things since the market for Accord performance in the import industry is not high priority. I would predict early 05 to mean mid 06.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:42 PM   #16
vroom vroom

I think they could sell a lot more superchargers and other performance parts if they would just release them sooner.

By the time they released the supercharger for the 6th gen and the mid-pipe (is it available yet? lol ) many Accord owners have already moved on or have plans to do so.
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:50 PM   #17

Coughcoughbullsh!t

Hey Emil--I'm not raising this flag on you, I'm raising it on Comptech. If they have a supercharger out for the 7th Gen by the first quarter of '05, I'll come right back here to take the flag down.
DaveDB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 02:44 PM   #18
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
Comptech was on the ball with the rear sway bar. I bought it like 2 days after it was out. Damn I love their stuff, but god I hate their turn around time!
blu6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 03:54 PM   #19
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
^^^ lol.. they only was able to put it out that quick is because they figured out it is the same frigging bar like 6gen.. YET.. they have never put out solid proof that rear bar is all we need..

i only wish they can comes out with the product fast enuf before i put all my money into show mods....
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 04:00 PM   #20
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
Alright guys, I was there at SEMA IAS... and I sat down with one of the head engineers for Comptech for about 30mins.

From our conversation, the main things I was able to figure out was... the 7th gen accord is not on their priority list for a supercharger. They are working on the TSX and new TL right now. They wont even touch the 7th gen av6 until those projects are completely cleared.

If you guys really want this item faster... then you will have to do it the old fashion way, and make some phone calls. They too know about the problems with the transmissions, and are very weary on how to approach the issue. But the TSX will get first dibs on a supercharger, then the new TL... then maybe the Accord V6.

I wouldnt hold my breath for a supercharger any time soon, but give it about 1.5 years... and you should hear something from them.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 08:50 PM   #21

I personally think phone calls would be a waste of time too. I think if you guys set up a serious group buy with guarantees of payment they'd listen. Of course nobody, especially a group, will fork over thousands of dollars without proof of workmanship. Remember that Comptech has to front production costs which could be thousands and thousands of dollars.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:19 AM   #22
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
custom turbo anyone?
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:11 AM   #23

does supercharging rise low to mid end torque? I usually don't redline my car often.
vnguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:57 AM   #24

But of course.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:00 AM   #25
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom
But of course.
but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? lol
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:57 AM   #26

I guess that Comptech has been slacking in terms of products for the AV6... so i went to a very reputable shop today and spent about 1 hour.. with them discussin a cutom supercharger on the 6speed... a turbo would be more difficult beacuse of the V6 instead of the inline 6... but anyways.. .. the quote was around $$$3000, with a vortech supercharger, ( i wanted low boost .. something between 5-7 psi, dont want to push the motor that hard..).. so , the supercharger + all the custom brackets, pullies, fittings and all that and i need to provide my own computer management.... they will tune the whole thing... .. I am almost sold on the issue.. they will need the car for about a week or two... so i am still debating.... either to spend the 3 grand.. or to put back my sweet sweet ZEX 802021.. wet system 55 shot.... which i purchased for about 600 dollars...
what do you guys think... ??? S/C $$$3000, or nitrous with all the bells and whistles..about 800 $$$ ???
I do not drive the car like an idot and i do not want to be the fastest kid on the block.. but i want some extra power for some fun from time to time on the highway or on the track..
I know that the low boost charger would be a safer option but its about 3.4 times more expensive...
I already do have the V2 and greddy Evo2's and will put some AEM pulleys when they come out (still "coming soon" on those from AEM's web site..) .. right now i am at about 225 whp.. hoping that the pulleys will add 1-3 hp.. to that.. but still i am hungry for more..
Buzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:15 AM   #27

If you want low boost from a s/c and just want the power for fun time to time, then nitrous is your best option. I think a nitrous kit is much safer than a custom supercharger. Nitrous kits are known to be safe when installed correctly. This is a s/c with no research nor testing. Basically you're a guinea pig. Save your $$$.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM   #28
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Quote:
You could easily spend $5000 and still not gain that much all-motor. And juice is only temporary. An S/C or turbo is on all the time.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 04:31 PM   #29

here's a noob question: When you get a supercharger, does your intake still come in the same? Like, if I had a CAI, would I have to toss it to get the supercharger?
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 04:47 PM   #30
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse
here's a noob question: When you get a supercharger, does your intake still come in the same? Like, if I had a CAI, would I have to toss it to get the supercharger?
The Comptech S/C kit for the 6th gen AV6 comes with a Comptech intake. Not sure if any other intake with fit onto the S/C.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in