Just Installed AEM V2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2004, 07:10 PM   #1
TeQ

Just Installed AEM V2

just installed my aem v2 cai yesterday and i love it! it's awesome...took me a while to install cuz i took breaks here and there and it was my first time as well. around 4-5 hours...anyway check out my site for pictures.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/teqhwan
TeQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #2
tml

welcome to the V2 family
tml is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #3

I just intalled mine today also! but 4-5 hours? dang I did it myself in 2 hours. The hardest part was getting the front bumper off because I have the oem lip on it and it isn't too easy to crawl underneathand unscrew everything
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 20th, 2004, 08:08 PM   #4
TeQ

^ yea took a while...but it wasn't 4-5 hours straight took breaks in between here and there.

for me the bumper wasn't too bad cuz i blackhoused my headlights and had to take off the bumper for that...so this wasn't my first time with the bumper...but what started to piss me off were all the hoses and metal looms (breather and coolant) i was confused for a bit, haha and pulling those off were a pain as well, i just ended up cutting the rubber that connects the breather hose cuz mine gave me trouble
Old July 20th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #5
Stoner Boner

I didn't even take my front bumper off....
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2004, 09:22 PM   #6

yeh, I didn't take the bumper off either, taking the bumper off is an automatic trans thing I suppose...but I've had my V2 installed for a week so far and I love it. The sound is the perfect range and i feel a bit more umph torque wise. Right after the initial 2-3k rpm it seems the same, but the sound compensates. I have the APEXi grounding kit on the way, who knows if it'll work, but it'll look good at least, then I just ordered the comptech 22m rear sway cuz I was impatient about the TL swaybar backorder fiasco. the tuning thing is new to me, but I'm having a blast. It's exciting to order stuff without a clue of how It'll work, or how to install it, anyway I am a fan of the results, not the process
dskulski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:18 AM   #7
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner
I didn't even take my front bumper off....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskulski
yeh, I didn't take the bumper off either, taking the bumper off is an automatic trans thing I suppose
No, it's not an automatic trans thing, it's an individual choice thing. I'm living proof a cai can be installed on a slushy without removing the bumper. (Note: Mine is a sedan.)
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 08:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6Guy
No, it's not an automatic trans thing, it's an individual choice thing. I'm living proof a cai can be installed on a slushy without removing the bumper. (Note: Mine is a sedan.)
Why would you want to remove the bumper?
Turbo20VJetta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo20VJetta
Why would you want to remove the bumper?
The instructions for a 7th gen Accord cai installation call for the bumper to be removed. I think it's as much for the removal of the resonator, as for the install of the intake itself.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6Guy
The instructions for a 7th gen Accord cai installation call for the bumper to be removed. I think it's as much for the removal of the resonator, as for the install of the intake itself.
But it can be done without removing it..... so why would you want to remove the bumper? Is it one of those, you have to twist and turn it 500 different directions to get it in deals?
Turbo20VJetta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:58 AM   #11

Because it takes me 10 minutes to take the bumper off since I'd done it to blackhouse my headlights as well. I just wanted the working room and knew it wasn't that hard so I took mine off. My total install time was between 2-2.5 hours.
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:29 AM   #12

Can you avoid removing the plastic in the wheel well by removing the bumper??
dskulski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:32 AM   #13

yes sir.
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2004, 02:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo20VJetta
But it can be done without removing it..... so why would you want to remove the bumper? Is it one of those, you have to twist and turn it 500 different directions to get it in deals?
No, you don't need to turn it a bunch of ways, but I guess it's a lesser-of-2-evils type of thing for me.

It's a real pita to get this one particular bolt out of the resonator with the bumper still on. It takes a specific length ratchet extension to clear the box, but not so long that it hits the inside of the fender/bumper. And even then, there is limited space to get one's hand in there, and also to still be able to turn the ratchet handle. I could see where some people may not have either the tool selection needed, or the dexterity and/or patience to get that bolt out.

I'd never taken a bumper off before, so I was determined to install my cai without taking it off. I didn't want to chance messing up the paint in any way. I elected to go through the wheelwell. This involved removing 1 wheel, the inner wheelwell partially, and my battery. All of which I found to be simple..... simpler, to me, than removing the bumper. But that's just me.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 02:15 PM   #15
TeQ

there is nothing wrong with taking the bumper off, like captal it took me 10 minutes, and gives you MUCH easier access.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in