looking for a short ram - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #1

looking for a short ram

hey everyone, i'm new to this forum. i have a 2004 accord ex v6 mt. i just recently got it and i want to start adding performance parts. the only problem is that i dont want to void my warranty so i need something that i can easily remove when i go to the dealership. so...i need a short ram intake. injen and aem have ones available for the 4 cylinder 7th gen, but nothing for my v6. am i the only one looking for one? jim wolf or mugen are two possibilities that i am trying to look into, but if anyone has any help on the subject i would greatly appreciate it . thanks
cheesesndwch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:03 PM   #2
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

Get the K&N Typhoon, CAI and can be converted to short ram. Welcome to the site btw. Funny SN too. There is another Sandwiches on here, his name is Kevin.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2004, 06:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesndwch
hey everyone, i'm new to this forum. i have a 2004 accord ex v6 mt. i just recently got it and i want to start adding performance parts. the only problem is that i dont want to void my warranty so i need something that i can easily remove when i go to the dealership. so...i need a short ram intake. injen and aem have ones available for the 4 cylinder 7th gen, but nothing for my v6. am i the only one looking for one? jim wolf or mugen are two possibilities that i am trying to look into, but if anyone has any help on the subject i would greatly appreciate it . thanks
yeah the K&N can be converted to short ram from what I hear. The only thing I'm thinking about is if you have that on and need to take your car to the dealership, it will be easy to take off the K&N, but I'm wondering if you'll need to take off your bumper or go through the wheel well to put back on the stock intake, i don't know if you looked at it yet but its kinda like a ghetto cold air intake in a way. . .dips down below the battery and curls around a lil bit. So if thats the case then maybe get the full aem v2, aem, or injen intake? I dunno just a suggestion, I'm probably wrong about putting back on the stock intake anyway cuz I've never really had to do it yet. Anyway welcome Lots of good information in here.
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 30th, 2004, 07:01 PM   #4
I Pull Wire

Send a message via MSN to IvtecV6_ACCORD
My honda dealership sells cold air intakes, so I guess there not too worried about customers voiding their warranties. Also I thought that a cai wouldn't viod your warranty and if any damaged occured the dealership would have to prove that that part caused it. Just go for it and if a particular dealership ever gives you a problem, just return to stock and go somewhere else.
IvtecV6_ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2004, 08:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvtecV6_ACCORD
My honda dealership sells cold air intakes, so I guess there not too worried about customers voiding their warranties. Also I thought that a cai wouldn't viod your warranty and if any damaged occured the dealership would have to prove that that part caused it. Just go for it and if a particular dealership ever gives you a problem, just return to stock and go somewhere else.
You are not going to void your warranty just by having an intake installed. If something goes wrong they have to prove that the intake caused it, its a federal law
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2004, 04:49 PM   #6

thanks for all your suggestions. as far as takin gout the "ghetto cold air intake", i thought about that. i could just take off the air box, the big one thats visible when you open the hood, and just let the filter sit where thats supposed to be. that way the tubing thats already there going into the wheel well will help me too
cheesesndwch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2004, 07:12 PM   #7

I just found today that Weapon R has a SRI for the V6. Anyone use them before?
Scott Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to speedmojo
I've heard that weapon R's filters made of foam are pretty cheap and they get dirty quick. Also, when they get old they get hard and start to break up a little. Most people just complain about the filter though. You can get a cloth filter between 20-60 bucks depending on how nice you wanna go.

I've actually been looking at a short ram because i installed CAI on my other cars i've had and it's a pain in the butt. With short ram i just have to remove the airbox pretty much.

Weapon R has a pic on their site of the intake, but i couldnt find the part number. Surely the 1994-2003 intake wouldnt fit would it?? I dont know if they changed anything since then.
speedmojo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 4th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #9
you gotta rub to dub!

Send a message via AIM to relentless
Since you have a 6 speed, your stock airbox already acts as a cold air setup (sort of) so hopefully you're not wanting this for performance. There have been some mixed dyno results on the 6 speed CAI but the AT CAI have proven to be beneficial. With a short ram, youll be sucking in engine heat which is bad. But for performance, I would just get a drop in filter. It will add minimal sound at WOT but not exactly the CAI sound you may be looking for.

You can also get the weapon R kit and replace the filter with a K&N. or buy a cheap V6 CAI on ebay and cut it to fit as a SRI.
relentless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:02 PM   #10
fonda my honda

Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvtecV6_ACCORD
me too! they even have a civic SI (Slow Import, lol) on the floor brand new with a cai already installed.

oh, and one more thing...WEAPON R!!!
.....yah i know i've got problems

Last edited by tx03coupe; August 6th, 2004 at 07:09 PM..
tx03coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 3rd, 2004, 02:57 PM   #11

Sorry to bring this back from the dead...

I have a V6 Auto 4dr. Will a SRI do anything power wise as to staying stock?

I want to do waht I canto get more power but cant do a CAI because I live in FL and go to lots of spots that flood and my car goes into watter up to the bumper @ times and I dont want to risk it.
BigB2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in