Accord V6 Forum banner

looking for a short ram

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  BigB2k3 
#1 ·
hey everyone, i'm new to this forum. i have a 2004 accord ex v6 mt. i just recently got it and i want to start adding performance parts. the only problem is that i dont want to void my warranty so i need something that i can easily remove when i go to the dealership. so...i need a short ram intake. injen and aem have ones available for the 4 cylinder 7th gen, but nothing for my v6. am i the only one looking for one? jim wolf or mugen are two possibilities that i am trying to look into, but if anyone has any help on the subject i would greatly appreciate it . thanks

#3 ·
cheesesndwch said:
hey everyone, i'm new to this forum. i have a 2004 accord ex v6 mt. i just recently got it and i want to start adding performance parts. the only problem is that i dont want to void my warranty so i need something that i can easily remove when i go to the dealership. so...i need a short ram intake. injen and aem have ones available for the 4 cylinder 7th gen, but nothing for my v6. am i the only one looking for one? jim wolf or mugen are two possibilities that i am trying to look into, but if anyone has any help on the subject i would greatly appreciate it . thanks
yeah the K&N can be converted to short ram from what I hear. The only thing I'm thinking about is if you have that on and need to take your car to the dealership, it will be easy to take off the K&N, but I'm wondering if you'll need to take off your bumper or go through the wheel well to put back on the stock intake, i don't know if you looked at it yet but its kinda like a ghetto cold air intake in a way. . .dips down below the battery and curls around a lil bit. So if thats the case then maybe get the full aem v2, aem, or injen intake? I dunno just a suggestion, I'm probably wrong about putting back on the stock intake anyway cuz I've never really had to do it yet. Anyway welcome :up: Lots of good information in here.

#4 ·
My honda dealership sells cold air intakes, so I guess there not too worried about customers voiding their warranties. Also I thought that a cai wouldn't viod your warranty and if any damaged occured the dealership would have to prove that that part caused it. Just go for it and if a particular dealership ever gives you a problem, just return to stock and go somewhere else.

#5 ·
IvtecV6_ACCORD said:
My honda dealership sells cold air intakes, so I guess there not too worried about customers voiding their warranties. Also I thought that a cai wouldn't viod your warranty and if any damaged occured the dealership would have to prove that that part caused it. Just go for it and if a particular dealership ever gives you a problem, just return to stock and go somewhere else.
You are not going to void your warranty just by having an intake installed. If something goes wrong they have to prove that the intake caused it, its a federal law :)

#6 ·
thanks for all your suggestions. as far as takin gout the "ghetto cold air intake", i thought about that. i could just take off the air box, the big one thats visible when you open the hood, and just let the filter sit where thats supposed to be. that way the tubing thats already there going into the wheel well will help me too

#7 ·
I just found today that Weapon R has a SRI for the V6. Anyone use them before?

#8 ·
I've heard that weapon R's filters made of foam are pretty cheap and they get dirty quick. Also, when they get old they get hard and start to break up a little. Most people just complain about the filter though. You can get a cloth filter between 20-60 bucks depending on how nice you wanna go.

I've actually been looking at a short ram because i installed CAI on my other cars i've had and it's a pain in the butt. With short ram i just have to remove the airbox pretty much.

Weapon R has a pic on their site of the intake, but i couldnt find the part number. Surely the 1994-2003 intake wouldnt fit would it?? I dont know if they changed anything since then.

#9 ·
Since you have a 6 speed, your stock airbox already acts as a cold air setup (sort of) so hopefully you're not wanting this for performance. There have been some mixed dyno results on the 6 speed CAI but the AT CAI have proven to be beneficial. With a short ram, youll be sucking in engine heat which is bad. But for performance, I would just get a drop in filter. It will add minimal sound at WOT but not exactly the CAI sound you may be looking for.

You can also get the weapon R kit and replace the filter with a K&N. or buy a cheap V6 CAI on ebay and cut it to fit as a SRI.

#10 · (Edited)
IvtecV6_ACCORD said:
me too! they even have a civic SI (Slow Import, lol) on the floor brand new with a cai already installed.

oh, and one more thing...WEAPON R!!!
.....yah i know i've got problems

#11 ·
Sorry to bring this back from the dead...

I have a V6 Auto 4dr. Will a SRI do anything power wise as to staying stock?

I want to do waht I canto get more power but cant do a CAI because I live in FL and go to lots of spots that flood and my car goes into watter up to the bumper @ times and I dont want to risk it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.