My first performance mod's!!!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2004, 01:10 PM   #1
I Pull Wire

Send a message via MSN to IvtecV6_ACCORD
My first performance mod's!!!!

Just ordered the Aem V2 and the Neuspeed polished strut bar. Got the V2 off ebay for 255.00 and the strut bar direct from the neuspeed website for 149.00. I know that these are probably not the best prices around, but being in Canada there is not too many places around to get performance parts. Especially for an accord. As many of you already have these installed on your car, this is nothing new and I know how much you guys like the v2 already. But I'm still excited to be gettin this stuff. Will update with pics and my install thoughts once parts arrive.

Last edited by IvtecV6_ACCORD; July 31st, 2004 at 01:14 PM..
IvtecV6_ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2004, 12:21 PM   #2
tml

Are those Canadian figures of American??
tml is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2004, 02:20 PM   #3
I Pull Wire

Ya those are in US funds. Damb I just found the same strut tie bar on ebay for 50 bucks less Oh well. Guess I gotta look a little harder next time.

Old August 11th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #4
I Pull Wire

Well I've been busy doing mods all week, installed the V2. Damb I wasn't expecting that thing to be as loud as it is. The V2 sounds so amazing, you can't really appreciate it until you hear it for yourself. Butt dyno says it can feel an increase, I'll leave it at that. The total install took me about 3 hours to complete. The hardest part is getting the old air resonator out. But once you remove all the old air intake components the install goes fairly easy. I also just removed a wheel and the wheel well lining to do the install, no bumber removal. No need to take the bumber off at all. The one bolt on the front of the resonator is a little hard to reach but with a second hand from above to help guide a socket wrench it goes pretty easy. The instructions that come with the V2 are good. But no need to remove any coolant either as long as your car is complety cooled down. Just take one hose end of at a time and use a rag to catch the very small amount that comes out. Now that the V2 is installed I love it and definatly worth the money.

Also installed the Neuspeed strut tower bar. Simple install with the instructions that come with it. The difference in front end stability is very noticable. A lot less tire squeal and just an overall stiffer feeling in the front end of the car. A nice looking peice but I'm sure the stock 6 speed tower is just as effective.

Ordered my 04 TL 20mm sway bar on Monday and received and installed the next day. Only $80CDN in parts. Installed in my driveway, with just some basic wrenches, sockets and allen keys. What is up with those things? why couldn't they have made a nut that you didn't have to hold with an allen key while you use a wrench on it . Other than the pain of those things the install is pretty easy. The price of this mod and the result is well worth it, IMO the back end is a lot more stable and I didn't notice hardly any stiffer of a ride. Still quite smooth. Same as with the strut tower install, the tire squeall is a lot less on aggressive turning.

Upgaded the four speakers with JVC for about $180CDN. JVC CS-VX620 6 1/2" 150 watt in the front and JVC CS-XV6930 6" x 9" 240 watt in the rear. These speakers are the best bang for the buck. The sound is a lot crisper and cleaner and no distortion at all. The base is increased slightly but would like a nice 12" JBL to finish it off. . Had to drill some new holes to accomodate the speakers in the front and put a foam gasket around to help seal the sides of the speakers. Also in the rear deck had to trim the underside of the grill due to this ring of plastic the surrounds the perimmiter of the speaker on the grill. Then everything fit great.

Here's a few pics.

Old August 11th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #5

Quote: "The difference in front end stability is very noticable. A lot less tire squeal and just an overall stiffer feeling in the front end of the car"

Not trying to steal your thunder here, but how does the front tower brace increase stability and reduce tire squeal?
Is the stock AV6 frame so weak? I can only imagine that happen with ultra high performance 255 wide tires turning at a lateral 1.0g's

Correct me if I wrong, but I would expect much less from a strut brace .. at most reduced frame flex creaking.
For your TL rear sway bar, now that does improve handling and reduce tire squeal by bringing the car to a more neutral stance during hard turning.

All in all, good mods!
ipribadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #6

That's purrrrrrty, very purrty.
theslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:37 PM   #7

Hmm, I have the same suspension mods as you and I get MORE tire squeal.
sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 12th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #8
I Pull Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwiches
Hmm, I have the same suspension mods as you and I get MORE tire squeal.

Well all that I know is that I tried taking the same corners at the same speed as before and it reduced tire squeal for me anyway. Maybe your just pushing your car harder than you did before
Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:11 AM   #9

good to hear about your mods. I just installed my V2 today and for some reason, i had a lot of trouble. Maybe im just a noob, but when people talk about the V2 installation, they make it sound so easy. I had to remove my tire AND slightly loosen up the bumper.

is there a problem with the breather/coolant hose coming off after a short period of tym? or will it stay on perfectly? its because i dont have a clamp for it...=(
v6poweraccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:06 AM   #10
I Pull Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6poweraccord
good to hear about your mods. I just installed my V2 today and for some reason, i had a lot of trouble. Maybe im just a noob, but when people talk about the V2 installation, they make it sound so easy. I had to remove my tire AND slightly loosen up the bumper.

is there a problem with the breather/coolant hose coming off after a short period of tym? or will it stay on perfectly? its because i dont have a clamp for it...=(
Yes, I also had to remove the tire, but had a second set of hands to help inside the engine bay, so I never had to loosen the bumper. Um and about the hose's coming off I'd definatly get some hose clamps from the hardware store or home-depot. Probably when the pressure starts building up eventually those hose's could come off. They wouldn't of included them if you didn't need em. What happened to yours?
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:00 PM   #11

are you referring to the black zip ties? i was about to use those but i was told that it wouldnt be strong enough to hold the pipes.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:06 PM   #12
I Pull Wire

Quote:
are you referring to the black zip ties? i was about to use those but i was told that it wouldnt be strong enough to hold the pipes.

No those black zip ties are just for electrical wires and such, you should of received some silver looking hose clamps, to go around the hoses where they attach to their fittings.
Old August 24th, 2004, 01:42 AM   #13

damn, i didnt have anything like that in the bag. I guess AEM forgot to put it in there?
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:54 AM   #14
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
damn, i didnt have anything like that in the bag. I guess AEM forgot to put it in there?
you can always just buy some at any auto parts store for pennies
chewydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 28th, 2004, 01:32 AM   #15

eh...chewy, you think you could spot me a few and i'll pay you back?
Old August 28th, 2004, 10:36 AM   #16
I Pull Wire

Quote:
eh...chewy, you think you could spot me a few and i'll pay you back?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in