1/4 mile @ Cali Speedway time suck!!! NEED HELP!!~ - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:04 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Ursus
1/4 mile @ Cali Speedway time suck!!! NEED HELP!!~

Well guys.. yesterday was my first time @ a 1/4 mile track and I was hoping to run 14s w/ my Injen and Tanabe setup, but it turned out bad... here are my runs..

91 Octane tank 1/4 full
Car was push-staged
TSC OFF

Run 1 (no brake torquing, no tire chirping)

R/T .759
60' 2.415
330 6.566
1/8 9.937
MPH 72.14
1000 12.882
1/4 15.357
MPH 91.16

Run 2 (brake torquing, no tire chirping)

R/T .538
60' 2.446
330 6.612
1/8 9.981
MPH 73.11
1000 12.905
1/4 15.365
MPH 91.90

Run 3 (no brake torquing, tires chirped)

R/T .655
60' 2.435
330 6.609
1/8 9.981
MPH 73.49
1000 12.920
1/4 15.382
MPH 91.71

Is the main reason my R/T times?I should've gun it at the 3rd yellow but i'm always afraid to get fault start, cause I'm a noob.

Is it my stock Turanza tires?

It wasn't really all that hot but it was kinda hazy and humid.

I don't know what's wrong
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:40 PM   #2
I'm Rick James B*tch

are you automatic or 6 speed. i have a vid of a automatic hitting 14.5s and a 6 speed hitting 14 flat. Both had aem V2 intakes and lowered with some nice rims and street tires. Always go on green.
albaughrsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:41 PM   #3
I'm Rick James B*tch

what did u run against? or maybe i don't even wanna know?
albaughrsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:56 PM   #4

R/T times don't affect ET.
tcador is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2004, 04:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by albaughrsx
are you automatic or 6 speed. i have a vid of a automatic hitting 14.5s and a 6 speed hitting 14 flat. Both had aem V2 intakes and lowered with some nice rims and street tires. Always go on green.
yea dude if you can post that video it'll be awesome. Do they have any exhaust system? I have AT. Maybe I should switch Injen to V2? shxt.. wtf is going on.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 04:55 PM   #6
Bizzy Bone

R/T has nothing to do with it. It doesnt affect times at all. Look at your 60' times. Get the 60' time down by getting better tires or lowering psi just a little. Then you'll be fine.
Panther X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2004, 05:53 PM   #7

I am running 14.80's and 90's with my Automatic w/ an Injen CAI and Shell 93. I honestly had the hardest time getting into the 14's as well and eventually ended up manually shifting the car to get a few extra RPM out of the motor before it shifted. Typically the ecu auto shifts the car at 6,500rpm instead of at the cars indicated redline of 6,800. The extra revs put me back into VTEC and I was able to eak out about .2 of a second and a MPH.

No the stock tires are fine for mear bolt on's. I've have hit a few 2.25's and 2.28's on the stock tires. Honestly the car just doesn't have the torque off the line to really be traction limited on anything but the coldest days.

Keep trying and you will eventually hit the 14's. I am usually running in mid 70 degree weather and if it gets better I may click off a tenth.

Dustin
Roadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:09 PM   #8
VTECRACING87

Send a message via AIM to dmxarnold
yea your times are pretty slow for a 7th gen v6 coupe were you flooring it when you launched?

Last edited by dmxarnold; August 22nd, 2004 at 06:12 PM..
dmxarnold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:11 PM   #9

Doesn't really matter that much. 03LXV6guy is beating my time with a sedan running 14.50's

It really comes more down to track and weather.

Dustin
Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:30 PM   #10
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Cali speedway is at 1100 ft. NHRA correction tables for altitude don't start until 1200 ft, but running up there will make about a two-tenths and 1 mph difference. 2.4 60' times aren't the greatest either. Work on your launch and get down to the low-2.3 range and that'll be good for another two tenths. If it wasn't too hot then that's not too bad, but humidity can have an effect also. And as per the other guys, manually shifting to get every last RPM out of the motor will give you another 1-2 tenths also. So that's the difference between you and Larry (03LXV6guy) who ran 14.5 with an auto intake only.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2004, 09:00 PM   #11

Wow.. those are some good advices. I will try shifting manually next time. damn a sedan running 14.5s... thats tight.
Old August 25th, 2004, 02:49 PM   #12

Quote:
ALWAYS go on last yellow.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 27th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon
ALWAYS go on last yellow.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china. Don't worry about the reaction time, just go for a good ET!
Turbo20VJetta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 27th, 2004, 03:18 PM   #14

You should always go for a good reaction time. Remember you are also racing the person next to you. It is possible to have a slightly slower car and still beat the guy down the track by merely jumping out of the hole much quicker.

Dustin
Old August 29th, 2004, 11:53 PM   #15
Back to boost...

Send a message via AIM to nc00max
Quote:
I would most definitely like to see vids of an N/A 6spd with an intake hitting a 14.0, and I'm sure others would as well since that'd be a record on at least this board. Please post them, and if you need to host it, email it to me.

'00 Grand Prix GTP-my new canvas. [email protected] with FWI in 80* weather, now to start modding...
nc00max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmaster
You should always go for a good reaction time. Remember you are also racing the person next to you. It is possible to have a slightly slower car and still beat the guy down the track by merely jumping out of the hole much quicker.

Dustin
This guy was trying to get a good ET. It didn't sound like he was trying to beat the guy next to him. If you are going for a good ET, then it is best to not worry about reaction time as you are more likely to get a good launch.
Turbo20VJetta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in