Vtec Afc Wiring harness for 04 Accord V6? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:10 PM  

Vtec Afc Wiring harness for 04 Accord V6?

Does anyone know if anybody makes a wiring harness for an 04 Accord V6 yet?
Andrew is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2004, 11:09 AM  
Pauly Walnuts is my hero!

what about for any other apex-i controler?
are there any harness's available?
*DVD/TV Tuner mounted in the double din pocket
*18x7.5 Gunmetal rims w/ a polished lip
*235 series KUHMO tires
*Neuspeed short shifter
*TL engine cover
*Sparco carbon fiber pedals
*Red Calipers
*Shaved Emblems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 civic si ~R.I.P.~
21InAz_04TSX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old August 31st, 2004, 04:10 PM  

They make harnesses for most of the controllers, but the thing is i dont think they make one for the new 03-04 accord ecu. The closest wiring harness i saw was for the 98-02 accords, but im pretty sure they would have changed the ecu on the new models

Old September 4th, 2004, 02:29 AM  
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Does anyone know if anybody makes a wiring harness for an 04 Accord V6 yet?
Yes they do make a harness for the new AV6, i have it on my 7gen 6spd. The VAFC-II it does make more horsepower, by adding more fuel. When we had it on the dyno the Vtec made only changes in torque and rpm curve. if you changed the curve to drasticly you would lose tq and hp. the stock setting is just about the best you can get, to have the smoothest tq and hp curve.

03 AV6 6sp
Injen cai
Flowmaster custom 2 1/2 exhaust
APEX-i VAFC-II
7300k H.I.D.
PIAA 998 turbojector
PIAA turnsignals
Ro_Ja body kit
20% tint all around
logonzojls is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 4th, 2004, 08:55 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by logonzojls
Yes they do make a harness for the new AV6, i have it on my 7gen 6spd. The VAFC-II it does make more horsepower, by adding more fuel. When we had it on the dyno the Vtec made only changes in torque and rpm curve. if you changed the curve to drasticly you would lose tq and hp. the stock setting is just about the best you can get, to have the smoothest tq and hp curve.

03 AV6 6sp
Injen cai
APEX-i VAFC-II
7300k H.I.D.
PIAA 998 turbojector
PIAA turnsignals
Ro_Ja body kit
20% tint all around

Could you tell me who makes it and where you purchased it? I just have the regular Apexi Vafc, all i want to do is change my vtec engagement point because our cars (03-04 Accord coupe 6 speed) arent fast until it hits vtec.
Old September 6th, 2004, 04:24 AM  
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
I hope you're not just planning on lowering the vtec crossover point thinking that you're going to gain from that?
BlackV62K2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2004, 09:29 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2
I hope you're not just planning on lowering the vtec crossover point thinking that you're going to gain from that?
I did on my last car i dont expect to gain much, but it makes the car take off sooner due to the vtec kicking in.
Old September 6th, 2004, 09:55 AM  
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Quote:

03 AV6 6sp
Injen cai
APEX-i VAFC-II
7300k H.I.D.
PIAA 998 turbojector
PIAA turnsignals
Ro_Ja body kit
20% tint all around
that goes completely contrary to the usual tuning which involves LEANING OUT the engine because they run rich as hell stock. Add more fuel?? No you take fuel (the safety margin) away. Stock is optimal....uh right. The VTEC x-over is probably optimal stock, but certainly not the fuel settings. They're optimal for safety margin and not power.
SteVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2004, 09:57 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
I did on my last car i dont expect to gain much, but it makes the car take off sooner due to the vtec kicking in.
and what car was that? you're aware that engines are tuned completely differently right? There is almost zero change in the torque curve on this engine before and after the 4800 rpm engagement. You almost can't even see it on the dyno. It's not like an RSX or an S2000 where there's suddenly a 10 lb-ft jump and you really could shift back the VTEC x-over 500 rpm or so.
Old September 6th, 2004, 10:33 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
and what car was that? you're aware that engines are tuned completely differently right? There is almost zero change in the torque curve on this engine before and after the 4800 rpm engagement. You almost can't even see it on the dyno. It's not like an RSX or an S2000 where there's suddenly a 10 lb-ft jump and you really could shift back the VTEC x-over 500 rpm or so.
I had a 98 honda accord v6 sedan when i installed it i never messed with the airflow or fuel settings and i changed the vtec engagement point to 3200 rpm which did make a difference at the track before the controller i ran a 10.7 in the 1/8 mile and then went back with the controller and i ran a 10.2 at the same track, soo it does make a little difference that is very minimal. I know what ur saying is true though.
Old September 6th, 2004, 12:37 PM  

a half second. it was probably due to conditions at the track, weather, or your launch and had very little to do with changing the VTEC engagement 300 rpm.
Old September 6th, 2004, 12:45 PM  

Quote:
a half second. it was probably due to conditions at the track, weather, or your launch and had very little to do with changing the VTEC engagement 300 rpm.
So ur saying it really doesnt do anything for the car at all when the vtec engagement point is set lower, thats hard to believe, but i can see what ur saying.
Old September 6th, 2004, 12:52 PM  
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
You could even lose power if you set vtec too low. Just b/c you're in vtec doesn't mean your car is going to be crazy fast. Get someone to dyno tune your V-AFC. I don't see the point in spending all that money on you V-AFC just for lowering the vtec crossover point. Changing the vtec crossover point with correct A/F ratio is where gains can be made.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2004, 12:13 PM  
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6

Quote:
that goes completely contrary to the usual tuning which involves LEANING OUT the engine because they run rich as hell stock. Add more fuel?? No you take fuel (the safety margin) away. Stock is optimal....uh right. The VTEC x-over is probably optimal stock, but certainly not the fuel settings. They're optimal for safety margin and not power.

for some reason the tuning shop that did the work on my car w/me right next to him put my car on the dyno w/o the vafc and then added more fuel using the vafc i gained a little over ten hp. so i am confused if by what you just said was true how could my engine pomp out 10 more hp??? the wx condition didnt change, i think it could be your advice is not totally factual do some reasearch, let me know what you find.

"belive half of what you hear, and all of what you see."
Old September 7th, 2004, 02:37 PM  
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
for some reason the tuning shop that did the work on my car w/me right next to him put my car on the dyno w/o the vafc and then added more fuel using the vafc i gained a little over ten hp. so i am confused if by what you just said was true how could my engine pomp out 10 more hp??? the wx condition didnt change, i think it could be your advice is not totally factual do some reasearch, let me know what you find.

"belive half of what you hear, and all of what you see."
i am sorry, but you need to prove to us this is the case first.. please post your dyno chart... before and after vafc.. and post your vafc setting as well..

now to add my own guessing theory to this.. yes, its a big assumption and like i said, i am only guessing................ perhaps the engine timing was retarded for "safe-mode" driving when doing the first dyno.. and when putting in vafc, the ecu was resetted (disconnect battery?, etc?), and hence back to the normal, more advance timing.. it is almost a known fact that our car put out 10 more hp when engine is out of the safe-mode for knock protection..
brex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2004, 06:57 PM  
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
i am sorry, but you need to prove to us this is the case first.. please post your dyno chart... before and after vafc.. and post your vafc setting as well..

now to add my own guessing theory to this.. yes, its a big assumption and like i said, i am only guessing................ perhaps the engine timing was retarded for "safe-mode" driving when doing the first dyno.. and when putting in vafc, the ecu was resetted (disconnect battery?, etc?), and hence back to the normal, more advance timing.. it is almost a known fact that our car put out 10 more hp when engine is out of the safe-mode for knock protection..

since you obviously have inferior knowledge to me, you would know that just by posting my dyno, i am not going to be able to prove that i did or did not gain 10 hp from the vafc. and if that isnt enough you were the one that pointed out that i had the wrong information posted, but your asking me to prove to you that i am right??? why don't you post your proof that you are right before you ecuse someone of being incorrect, and have nothing but talk to back it up? thanks look foward to you posting your proof, hope fully no more fluff and cream.
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:43 PM  
I AM LOST....

Quote:
since you obviously have inferior knowledge to me, you would know that just by posting my dyno, i am not going to be able to prove that i did or did not gain 10 hp from the vafc. and if that isnt enough you were the one that pointed out that i had the wrong information posted, but your asking me to prove to you that i am right??? why don't you post your proof that you are right before you ecuse someone of being incorrect, and have nothing but talk to back it up? thanks look foward to you posting your proof, hope fully no more fluff and cream.

frankly.. i don't know much about engine tuning.. i have no idea why adding or leaning out fuel would give more gain, etc.. that's up to Steve to explain.. I stand behind him because himself is the proven technical guru on this and many other forums.. what he said is not necessary absolute gold, but he is right 99.99% of the time..

i didn't point out your information is wrong.. you did... you're the one said you had it different than what Steve said.. with my technical knowledge, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference..

if you don't want to prove, i could care less.. believe in what you want to believe.. i believe in steve..
Old September 9th, 2004, 01:24 AM  
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex

frankly.. i don't know much about engine tuning.. i have no idea why adding or leaning out fuel would give more gain, etc.. that's up to Steve to explain.. I stand behind him because himself is the proven technical guru on this and many other forums.. what he said is not necessary absolute gold, but he is right 99.99% of the time..

i didn't point out your information is wrong.. you did... you're the one said you had it different than what Steve said.. with my technical knowledge, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference..

if you don't want to prove, i could care less.. believe in what you want to believe.. i believe in steve..

how old are you? "I believe in steve.." come on. lol. ill post my dyno. but it may take a few days i don't have a scanner so i will have to take a pic first. later.
Old September 9th, 2004, 02:08 AM  
I AM LOST....

Quote:
how old are you? "I believe in steve.." come on. lol.
great attitude.. i can already see how long u will last..
Old September 9th, 2004, 12:04 PM  

hey logonzojls what fuel did you have in your car when you ran on the dyno (87, 93)? Maybe what Brex was guessing at (that I'll guess at too) is that the extra fuel made up for the knock-ability of 87 octane fuel, and allowed the car to stay at optimal timing?

Whadaya say Steve is this theory on track? I know the premium fuel / 10hp thing is pretty well established, and lean=knock, so I'm thinking rich=less knock?
DangerMouse is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 9th, 2004, 10:13 PM  
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse
hey logonzojls what fuel did you have in your car when you ran on the dyno (87, 93)? Maybe what Brex was guessing at (that I'll guess at too) is that the extra fuel made up for the knock-ability of 87 octane fuel, and allowed the car to stay at optimal timing?

Whadaya say Steve is this theory on track? I know the premium fuel / 10hp thing is pretty well established, and lean=knock, so I'm thinking rich=less knock?

I always run 93 or + for that specific reason the extra 10 ponie theory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in