RPM issue?!? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:33 PM   #1

RPM issue?!?

I wanted to know if anyone has the same issue or if im bein weird, i took my car to HONDA just about a 2 weeks ago because of a recall, they put a new oil jet kit in my car and played with the 2nd gear (says accordin to my reciept), 3 days after i put my coilovers in with wheels that weigh just as much as my stockies, i have a V2 aswell, the problem is just before i sent my car in to get fixed, at normal cruise drivin id switch gears at 2K RPM, max would be 2500, ever since ive gotten it back and its been low i noticed i witch gears at 3K, i wanted to know if this is an issue to take to honda, if my CAI is just settling in (eventhough ive had it on since july), is it normal, or what could it be? i have 11500 miles on the car.

please help, thanks.
04DCspeedV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 11th, 2004, 01:19 PM   #2

first of all, for ****s sake use PERIODS. it took me 4 reads to understand your post.

secondly, i just got the recall too, and it may be my imagination, but the 4th-5th gear change is a little high. at 45 mph, it'll sit at 2k rpm and won't downshift like it used to. i think in the other tranny recall thread, someone mentioned a similar shift problem, and they disconnected their battery and it reset and was smoother.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #3

maybe so, im gonna go ahead and try that and see what happens. lol i shall try usin more periods next time.

Old September 12th, 2004, 01:56 PM   #4
Make Way for The Bad Guy!

Send a message via AIM to JoeySmallz
How many miles do you guys have on your cars? At what mileage did you have the recall done?
JoeySmallz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #5

deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2004, 04:18 PM   #6

At 7k miles it's very very very unlikely that you damaged your tranny prior to the 2nd gear recall. All of the trannys that we've replaced have had over 25k before coming in for the recall
Old September 13th, 2004, 09:49 AM   #7

i had 10K when i went in for the recall, and they did the whole oil jet kit thing done to my car
Old September 13th, 2004, 05:14 PM   #8

Weird...I would say get the tranny fluid flushed but that's still way to early a mileage to have the fluid be that dirty. I haven't had any complaints from my customers or experienced this problem during test drives. I would bring it back to the dealer and they may find that the fluid is dirty and if thats the case I would make them pay for a tranny flush (not just drop the fluid and put new, I'm talking about a pressure wash) or they may find that there is discoloration of the 2nd gear (very very very very very unlikely being as this recall is a preventitive measure and at 10,000 miles it's almost impossible) in which case they will replace your tranny
Old September 13th, 2004, 06:58 PM   #9

would u say its that much of a worry to take back to the dealer? what do you think about the battery reset idea?
Old September 14th, 2004, 04:43 PM   #10

Try the battry reset first which in my opinion probably won't fix it It's probably not that a big a deal to fix it but thats something that you should take car of now...it only hurts to wait longer.
Old September 17th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #11

well i called honda, and some honda doushbag told me that it was running ok, that, that is how the car is suppose to run, and that i shouldnt "mother" it to much. He told me when they did the recall they didnt do major changes to the gears so it shouldnt have affected the gear changes, but since the problem might have been "fixed" the car might seem different or it could just be me over reacting, regardless he told me if i wanted it to get checked, i should just take it in to let one of the techs give it a drive.

i was also thinking it might be that my CAI filter might be dirty, not sure yet though, ive had it on since June. thanks for the advice everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in