Polyurethane Motor Mounts - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2004, 10:03 AM   #1
Stoner Boner

Polyurethane Motor Mounts

I'm wondering maybe if someone will make Motor Mounts for the 7gV6's if enough of us post here. That'd be extremely awesome, because I'm tired of all the wheelhop of a torquey FWD vehicle. I'm sure you guys are too.

NONE of the other sites I've looked at has them yet since nobody is producing them.
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2004, 10:42 AM   #2

I hear ya man! the thing shakes like a rattle snake!
I did look into it too and so far no one makes it, our bet is that when Sema comes around we will see more parts for our cars but at the moment its tough.
What kinda tires are you running?
Im also thinking of either getting it custom made or wait a while for front underbody traction bar, not sure if you ever heard about it but it does eliminate a lot of wheelhop especially on Civic, S2000 etc. My friend told me he got rid of it as much as at least 70-80%!
All we need is patience for a while,hehe!
Hows your search for a clutch? Do you think that the one meant for CL-S would fit?
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2004, 10:53 AM   #3
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
I know that I am in the market for some new poly mounts. My roomate jsut installed them on his GTI, and I had them on my lude and loved them. I asked about them before on here, and I was told they are liquid mounts and would be difficult to change out. Since then, I have been under the car more, and seen several rubber only mounts- prime territory for poly!
blu6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 15th, 2004, 11:54 AM   #4
Stoner Boner

Well one guy at work has a Spec-V and he installed Poly inserts, he said it's possible to do it for mine, just have to do it custom. Which sucks.

On a side note, since I got my oil changed, I've pretty much gotten rid of the slipping clutch syndrome. No idea what that has to do with it, and I talked to the Service Manager of the place I take my car to and he said he didn't touch the clutch or tranny or anything except for what I told him to check out.

Tires....mmm good ol' stockies. In the market now for rims, tires, and a drop. And tint! FL is just baking me inside and out. Those tires suck, going around turns I can't keep it from squeeling, and even going WOT, sometimes 3/4 throttle, the tires keep spinning going from about a 2000rpm go (clutch fully out and off the pedal).

Hopefully Sema hurries lol I am very impatient. Also the thread about the Unorthodox pulley and clutch has my attention heightened extremely. Anxious I am.

Mods: My mods were taken away by the mods.

Best To Date: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.23 60'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.13 60'
Old September 15th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #5

Unhappy Polyurethane Motor Mounts

I happen to agree with all of you guys, but the problem is that the 7th gen V6 engines are situated on fluid filled engine mounts. Polyurethane replacements would be sweet but difficult to accomplish and by no means cheap. I sent an email to Energy Suspensions, but have yet to hear from them. LET US HOPE AND PRAY that we are not ignored... , whatever i hear ill post here.
V6GUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2004, 01:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner
Well one guy at work has a Spec-V and he installed Poly inserts, he said it's possible to do it for mine, just have to do it custom. Which sucks.

On a side note, since I got my oil changed, I've pretty much gotten rid of the slipping clutch syndrome. No idea what that has to do with it, and I talked to the Service Manager of the place I take my car to and he said he didn't touch the clutch or tranny or anything except for what I told him to check out.

Tires....mmm good ol' stockies. In the market now for rims, tires, and a drop. And tint! FL is just baking me inside and out. Those tires suck, going around turns I can't keep it from squeeling, and even going WOT, sometimes 3/4 throttle, the tires keep spinning going from about a 2000rpm go (clutch fully out and off the pedal).

Hopefully Sema hurries lol I am very impatient. Also the thread about the Unorthodox pulley and clutch has my attention heightened extremely. Anxious I am.
btw, about those tires, be sure ur air pressure is a good 5-7 psi above recommended. helps immensely.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2004, 01:43 PM   #7
Stoner Boner

I usually run them at 31F 36R...so I'm about there. Most of the roads here are that extremely slick concrete, but the newer ones I have not many problems on. I've had different rims and tires on my car before, and never had the problems I do with the stockies. So that brings me back to the opinion that...STOCK TIRES SUCK.

Mods: My mods were taken away by the mods.

Best To Date: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.23 60'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.13 60'
Old September 15th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #8

yeah, no disagreement here. sway bars help the rear immensely, but u don't want to put in a front. wait, wtf, u should be running those numbers in reverse. more psi in the front. ? u just want more rear grip?
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #9

Need some of these too, ASAP.
DIVConglomerate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #10
Stoner Boner

Er yeah...backwards lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in