Jet V-Force Power control module ? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2004, 05:47 PM   #1

Jet V-Force Power control module ?

Does anyone know anything about this fuel/air computer that i found on buyperformance.com? To me, it looks like it serves the same purpose as the vafc II but with out the vtech controller. In addition, Jet Performance has a thing wher you can send them the chip from your car in the mail and they reprogram it for you for performance.......i think its prob b.s. but tell me what you think about the part.

http://www.7453217467431.com/product...55805593&tab=0
Z Dogg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2004, 06:25 PM   #2

This is not worth it, the control options are limitied... wait for Unichip.
DIVConglomerate is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVConglomerate
This is not worth it, the control options are limitied... wait for Unichip.

Personally I don't see whats so amazing about the unichip over the vafc II. If someone could give me an explanation it would be greatly appreciated.
Z Dogg is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old September 25th, 2004, 08:45 PM   #4
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
jet don't do re-programing for j30aX engines..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Dogg
Personally I don't see whats so amazing about the unichip over the vafc II. If someone could give me an explanation it would be greatly appreciated.
to optimally tune the engine.. you're not just talking about air and fuel.. you also need to tune the timing.. with our engine that is a bit smart and can advance and retard timing by itself (and changing a/f ratio at the same time) .. without the ability control it while only controlling the a/f is very bad in my opinion..

on top of that.. unichip can control nos.. and the best optimal time to spray too.. not to mention with nos you would want to retard the timing.. which unichip do..
brex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2004, 08:47 PM   #5
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u99
Get the VAFC II and use the settings posted on this board . THe lowered VTEC makes a big difference. I love it.

Uni Chip lol come on it might be sometime in 2006
well.. if everyone do make a purchase like they said in the product poll, we would have our 7gen version already... with our member's track record - manufacturers see it as joke to even work with us.. luckily unichip haven't abandon us....
Old September 25th, 2004, 11:48 PM   #6

They haven't abandoned us but they haven't got a version for the 7th gen either.

Actually, I heard unichip is having problems getting their unit to work with our ecu. The word is that our ecu is very complex and at all easy to work with. This comes from a guy with a 7th gen accord who has been working with unichip and he isn't too optimistic. This may take a lot longer than you think.............
rbarrena is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2004, 01:24 AM   #7
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarrena
They haven't abandoned us but they haven't got a version for the 7th gen either.

Actually, I heard unichip is having problems getting their unit to work with our ecu. The word is that our ecu is very complex and at all easy to work with. This comes from a guy with a 7th gen accord who has been working with unichip and he isn't too optimistic. This may take a lot longer than you think.............
what are you talking about?? i am the one that worked with unichip for 7gen.. i had my car tested with them about two months ago at portland.. i never say it doesn't work with ECU.. i said the crank shift pattern signal is not reconized.. and i know that it can be resolved.. it is really a simple programming tweak..

the only problem is whoever (referring to 6gen members for now) say "Yes, i will purchase one when it comes out" need to honor their word or help spread the word so others can purchase.. when we meet our initial purchase quota, unichip and v6p will spend the r&d cost to make one for 7gen.. we're only at half way right now.. !!

Last edited by brex; September 26th, 2004 at 01:26 AM..
Old September 27th, 2004, 11:43 PM   #8

Half way to what??? Maybe half way to 2010.
Old September 27th, 2004, 11:57 PM   #9
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Half way to what??? Maybe half way to 2010.
We need minimum of 50 orders.. and we only have about 25 so far...

ps, maybe i am too close to the project, and knowing the financial risk involved for few people; so I really don't find your "joke" funny at all.. !! Either help out to promote to people you know, or learn more by asking questions (basic or advance)... sarcasm is not welcomed.. afterall, these r&d project is no small task, and it costs a lot of people a lot of time and money to bring a product to life.... you should be thankful for v6p to even make this product a possibility..

Last edited by brex; September 28th, 2004 at 12:06 AM..
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:38 AM   #10

It wasn't meant as a joke nor as sarcasim but simply my way of responsing to the flippant manner in which you responded to my last post. Show some goddamn respect instead of coming across with this pseudo omniscient persona. Don't hide behind your computer and degrade what other people have to say.

To me you are insignificant and I truly don't care what you think or what you have to say on any issue. And please don't even try to give me a lecture on what I should or should not do. You don't know me or who I am. When it comes to me keep your comments to yourself. Since I will continue to completely ignore anything you have to say I suggest you extend me the same courtsey. Just a little friendly advice Brex.
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:48 AM   #11
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
whoa... tons of drama happening...

But uhh...anyways...back to JET...

I am not sure, if i remember right, but wasnt JET found to be just sending back ECUs with a JET sticker on them and no changes to it? i kinda remember reading something like that on this board or sho or honda-tech....cant remember. but if that is true... i dont know if i would trust them. if it isnt true, i would look for dynos first

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:06 AM   #12
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tofu_Shop
I am not sure, if i remember right, but wasnt JET found to be just sending back ECUs with a JET sticker on them and no changes to it? i kinda remember reading something like that on this board or sho or honda-tech....cant remember. but if that is true... i dont know if i would trust them. if it isnt true, i would look for dynos first
yes, i remember one guy at rsx found out about it..
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:35 AM   #13
I AM LOST....

Quote:
It wasn't meant as a joke nor as sarcasim but simply my way of responsing to the flippant manner in which you responded to my last post. Show some goddamn respect instead of coming across with this pseudo omniscient persona. Don't hide behind your computer and degrade what other people have to say.

To me you are insignificant and I truly don't care what you think or what you have to say on any issue. And please don't even try to give me a lecture on what I should or should not do. You don't know me or who I am. When it comes to me keep your comments to yourself. Since I will continue to completely ignore anything you have to say I suggest you extend me the same courtsey. Just a little friendly advice Brex.
Respect is earned, and what do you have to show for? You got 10 posts and want to lecture me about giving you respect when you can't even get any fact straight?!

there is always two sides of a coin, you're entitle to your opinion about a product.. fine by me.. but let's not make fun of the efforts of our partners and v6p volunteers involved.. we spend our own god damn time and money so you and other members would enjoy the product.. so pay some respect to that!

and yes, i am going to take your advice and make sure i can completely ignore you from now on..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in