|October 12th, 2004, 01:09 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis
Aem V2 Performance??????
V6 performance members,
I have an 04 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan and have a few questions.
1. I understand the concept, but what can I expect in performance?
2. Is it worth the upgrade since I have an automatic transmission?
3. What other changes can be done to an auto to help performance?
4. Is it worth the time and $ to upgrade a few parts?
5. Do these parts cause any stress on the engine or damage?
I get on my bike when I want to go fast, but would like to give my car a little extra if its worth the $.
Hope you can help with some basic questions,
|October 12th, 2004, 05:54 AM||#2|
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
Join Date: Jun 2003
1. A gain of some kind. How much?......I don't know. But definately a gain in performance.
2. Yes. Definately.
3. Catback exhaust or custom duals, better (custom) b-pipe, vafc/Unichip, suspension, better tires, custom turbo or supercharger, lighter parts (ie; hood, rims, etc)
4. Up to you.....to each their own. Imo, definately yes.
5. Damage...... no. Stress...... yes. If the car's making more power than stock, then stress levels on some parts have certainly been increased. Is it enough that, in-and-of-itself, it will cause parts to fail? I don't believe so. The parts that will fail (ie; the tranny!), would have failed even without the mods.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|