Aem Cai Vs Aem V2 Cai - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2004, 06:34 PM   #1
"Always A Sleeper"

Send a message via AIM to Forrealjohnson
Aem Cai Vs Aem V2 Cai

Does anbody know if there has been dyno proven more horsepower with the AEM v2 vs the regular AEM CAI on an 03 6mt? I have seen where the Injen RD CAI and AEM V2 make the same power. Isnt the regular AEM CAI just like the Injen CAI? Then in turn, would that not mean that the regular AEM CAI would make the same as the V2? Thanks in advance..
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Forrealjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2004, 07:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrealjohnson
Does anbody know if there has been dyno proven more horsepower with the AEM v2 vs the regular AEM CAI on an 03 6mt? I have seen where the Injen RD CAI and AEM V2 make the same power. Isnt the regular AEM CAI just like the Injen CAI? Then in turn, would that not mean that the regular AEM CAI would make the same as the V2? Thanks in advance..

My friend has a RSX S and he prove on dyno both intakes and believe it or not the Aem cai give him more HP than the V2. He wrote a lot of letters to AEM company very mad because he has lost his money!!
v6 intruder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 18th, 2004, 07:10 PM   #3
"Always A Sleeper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6 intruder
My friend has a RSX S and he prove on dyno both intakes and believe it or not the Aem cai give him more HP than the V2. He wrote a lot of letters to AEM company very mad because he has lost his money!!

Ok, so hopefully my assumptions are correct. Do you know what the difference in horsepower was? Also, that was a different motor, but hopefully the 7th gen 6mt has the same results.
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint

Old October 18th, 2004, 07:29 PM   #4

no but i will leave him a messege today and i will let you know!!

BTW I am going to buy a AEM cai today, I have the AEM short ram but that is more sound that HP!! You have the Cai what is your impresion of it ?
Old October 18th, 2004, 09:23 PM   #5
"Always A Sleeper"

I would say the AEM CAI definately gave me more mid to top end with the Bottom end staying the same. I saw a few more MPG,s also. The sound is also great. Not overbearing and really tuned sounding.
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Old October 19th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #6

i think the v2 for the rsx is a short ram?
808v6er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:08 AM   #7
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Does anbody know if there has been dyno proven more horsepower with the AEM v2 vs the regular AEM CAI on an 03 6mt?
Don't know of an independant test comparing the two, apples to apples. Although I would think that AEM would have some data showing the V2 to be superior to the V1...... in order to have it sell, and justify the higher cost.

Fyi, Stoner and I will be doing a "V2 cai versus an Injen cai on a 6-speed" test sometime in the future.

Quote:
I have seen where the Injen RD CAI and AEM V2 make the same power.
Where?? Are they vendor dyno's, or an independant, properly run comparo?

Quote:
Isnt the regular AEM CAI just like the Injen CAI? Then in turn, would that not mean that the regular AEM CAI would make the same as the V2?
They are similar, but are not exactly the same. And no, I don't think the regular AEM cai would make as much power as the V2. Imo.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:15 AM   #8
"Always A Sleeper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6Guy
Don't know of an independant test comparing the two, apples to apples. Although I would think that AEM would have some data showing the V2 to be superior to the V1...... in order to have it sell, and justify the higher cost.

Fyi, Stoner and I will be doing a "V2 cai versus an Injen cai on a 6-speed" test sometime in the future.

Where?? Are they vendor dyno's, or an independant, properly run comparo?

They are similar, but are not exactly the same. And no, I don't think the regular AEM cai would make as much power as the V2. Imo.
1. That would be cool. Let me know when you get the results. I am interested to the the figures.

2. The dynos I seen were vendor dynos, which I know can be misleading, thats why I would like to see the same car, run back to back on the same dyno, just switching the intakes. I will be the guinea pig, if sombody lives near Raleigh, NC, and has a V2.

3. You would definatley think the v2 should make more horsepower than the v1. But I have seen stranger things. I am trying to justify spending the money to buy the v2 over the v1 I already have. I have seen no reports that one makes more horses than the other one. Thanks alot.
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Old October 19th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #9

Old October 19th, 2004, 01:02 PM   #10

I forget where I read it (probably AEM's site) that said that the benefit of the V2 was not so much peak horsepower, but that because of the two sized chambers it charged the air more throughout the power band, providing more power in all areas, not just peak. Again, that's just what I remember reading somewhere, FWIW.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #11

The V2 on the RSX is a short ram so it's a crappy comparison- it's the best short ram available for the RSX besides the icebox (they're about the same). It's impressive that a short ram can even come close to producing the same power as a CAI.

I've read up on the physics behind the V2 and it is very sound, I've also talked to the head engineer (via the internet) that designed the V2- I think he even posted here but he posted more over at the RSX board.

I'd be very very surprised if the V1 produced more power than the V2- the V2 has more "area under the curve"- basically more power over the entire rpm range as well as a higher peak hp/torque gain.

Is it worth it to upgrade from the V1 CAI to a V2 CAI? Probably not- the $/hp is better spent elsewhere at this point (and not in an exhaust )
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #12

Any dyno on an accord???
Old October 19th, 2004, 08:03 PM   #13
"Always A Sleeper"

Is it worth it to upgrade from the V1 CAI to a V2 CAI? Probably not- the $/hp is better spent elsewhere at this point (and not in an exhaust )[/QUOTE]

Captal, I see that you say it is not worth the dollar per horsepower to upgrade from the V1 to the V2. I already have everything available for the V6 mt that is out, unless I am mistaken. I have the intake, and Greddy Evo exhaust. What else is there that I can add that I dont have? The J pipe is not out yet, correct? Thanks
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Old October 19th, 2004, 08:53 PM   #14

add some pullies
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:00 PM   #15
"Always A Sleeper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6 intruder
add some pullies

Dont think that they make them yet for the 7th gen. Do they?
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:39 PM   #16
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Quote:
Dont think that they make them yet for the 7th gen. Do they?

Not yet they don't. AEM and Unorthodox pullies for our cars are in production at the moment. You could also get a VAFC-2, or just wait for the Unichip which is probably going to be a while.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #17
"Always A Sleeper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sync
Not yet they don't. AEM and Unorthodox pullies for our cars are in production at the moment. You could also get a VAFC-2, or just wait for the Unichip which is probably going to be a while.
I think I will wait for the Underdrive pullies. Does anybody know the expected gains? What about the negative aspects of adding pullies. I had the VAFC on my GSR with Type R motor, and was not all that impressed. Plus, I like to leave the computer alone.
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Old October 20th, 2004, 02:48 AM   #18

Quote:
I think I will wait for the Underdrive pullies. Does anybody know the expected gains? What about the negative aspects of adding pullies. I had the VAFC on my GSR with Type R motor, and was not all that impressed. Plus, I like to leave the computer alone.
I had a VAFC on my '01 Prelude and liked it, but that what only after i/e/h/p. I'm debating on how to proceed with the AV6. May do a computer upgrade, but only after others serve as test pigs....lol.

October 2004 - June 2005
cammyfive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 20th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #19

Quote:
I already have everything available for the V6 mt that is out, unless I am mistaken. I have the intake, and Greddy Evo exhaust. What else is there that I can add that I dont have?
You are mistaken then. You don't have everything that's out...... although you may have everything that you actually want.

A couple of other performance enhancing mods for your car would be a Neuspeed short shifter and a grounding kit.

For more performance in the handling department, you could add struts/springs, a front sway bar, and stickier/wider tires and larger/wider rims.

And, at least theoretically, a cf hood (being lighter) should help.

Just my $0.02 .

Last edited by 03LXV6Guy; October 20th, 2004 at 09:25 AM..
Old October 20th, 2004, 10:55 AM   #20
"Always A Sleeper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6Guy
You are mistaken then. You don't have everything that's out...... although you may have everything that you actually want.

A couple of other performance enhancing mods for your car would be a Neuspeed short shifter and a grounding kit.

For more performance in the handling department, you could add struts/springs, a front sway bar, and stickier/wider tires and larger/wider rims.

And, at least theoretically, a cf hood (being lighter) should help.

Just my $0.02 .
Thanks for your info. I am going to steer clear of the Neuspeed short shifter until I hear more good reviews on it. I can shift the tranny fine now. Actually, I can already shift it so fast the synchros in second cant keep up sometimes, so I go slower. Is the grounding Kit worth it? I have read up on it, but not sure. I have the HFP struts and springs package on the way shortly. I had larger rims on every car I have ever owned, so I am trying to go with the sleeper look this time. I was mainly talking about horsepower gains, but it all does add up. Thanks again for your $0.02.
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Old October 20th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #21
I Pull Wire

Send a message via MSN to IvtecV6_ACCORD
1 reason to justify the price difference from the v1 to the v2, is the fact that the v2 sounds more gnarly and aggressive @ WOT. Ok maybe not justify but it does sounds better.
IvtecV6_ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 20th, 2004, 05:57 PM   #22
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvtecV6_ACCORD
1 reason to justify the price difference from the v1 to the v2, is the fact that the v2 sounds more gnarly and aggressive @ WOT. Ok maybe not justify but it does sounds better.
GNARLY...That's funny. It's just that it has been a loooooong time since I've heard that. It made me laugh...and to see it spelled.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in