Anyone have an Ebay Intake?? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:33 AM  
cunning linguist

Anyone have an Ebay Intake??

Just as the title suggests, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the cheap ebay intakes..Like the following,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...929232956&rd=1

I dont want to pay 200+ for the same part if the $50 does it almost as well.
MorePower4me is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 21st, 2004, 05:55 AM  

it should still give you some gains because most of your gains you see from the intake is solely from switch from the stock restrictive box to a conical type intake so you might as well just getthat one

just keep in mind that you wont be getting gains in the ranges of the v2 or any of those but still (lol i made mine out of some old oem piping from a gsr, an old aem short ram for a gsr and an hks power shroom!)
2k3accordcpe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 21st, 2004, 06:30 AM  

I bought an ebay intake once, never again will i do that again...

The quality is crap. The filter broke off the intake tube, so i drove around for God knows how long with no filter.
lazybum is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old October 21st, 2004, 01:14 PM  

lol ^^ velocity stack y0!
2k3accordcpe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 21st, 2004, 09:22 PM  
God of Car

Send a message via AIM to i3igpete
is that Otto-R? never even heard of that ebay brand. that's really getting low, man. i'd at least stick to the well-known ebay brands if i had to... megan racing, etc.
i3igpete is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 21st, 2004, 10:46 PM  

If you just MUST buy a less expensive CAI make sure it has a good filter on it like K&N.
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2004, 12:46 AM  
2K1 SyLvRyD

well i have had a "bomz" CAI off ebay for $50, love it, no problems with it, had it for over a year now
BigBizzle is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old October 23rd, 2004, 07:03 AM  
www.dec3designs.com

Send a message via AIM to Meek32v6 Send a message via MSN to Meek32v6 Send a message via Yahoo to Meek32v6
I've had one before--Put a K&N filter on it and a AEM bypass during the bad weather seasons
later i used it for the top portion of my chare pipes for my turbo
Needless to say whatever i payed for it i got more out of it than others

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
04 Anthracite TL
::Mod List::
- EBC Green Brake Pads (F)
- EBC Brake Pads (R)
- Injen R&D Black Intake

Meek32v6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in