Water/Dirt Membrane on CAI filter. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2004, 11:36 PM   #1
_

Water/Dirt Membrane on CAI filter.

I recently came across a K&N filter membrane and bought it thinking it would fit over my Injen filter. Well, I got it to fit, could have used an extra 1/4" diamter, but it's stetchiest point was the same diamter as the cone CAI filter. Anyways, to get to the point. I think it changed my aitfolw quite a bit. It feels as though I lost 500rpms of power. It takes mt longer to get power, or the engine needs more revs to put out the power. Does that sound right. Am I really feeling a difference here. Should I take it off, I think so. I think I can notice the negatice difference. Forget about not getting dirt and water in the tube. I want the better performance and my 500 rpm back. Anyone have similar experience or notice a difference in the K&N CAI with and without the water membrane?
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #2
_

Yeah, anyways. I could have called that. Everyone looks, but no one cares to leave a message in return. Ohh well. I just took the thing off today. After that I did a little test to see how restrictive the thing was. And just a little, but I could feel that in my car. Sure enough, I get in and drive around for 5 minutes and could easilty tell it was back. Didn't feel like I had stuffed paper towel in the tube. Anyways, just replying to my own message to fill yall in.
0430Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 1st, 2004, 08:16 PM   #3

I'll respond.... What does K&N say ? ? I just go a typhoone off ebay for 100.00 bucks shipped (save about $90). I got K&N so I can convert it to short ram during rain days. Does Injen use oil type filter ? ? Is injen airflow comparable to injen's filter?
Rick
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 1st, 2004, 09:39 PM   #4
Saiken

Send a message via AIM to DrachenV6
What is the membrane made out of? and how porous is it?

The membrane looks like its restricting the airflow, making the engine work harder to take in air(loss of power).
DrachenV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2004, 10:19 AM   #5
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!

Send a message via AIM to Sick6speed Send a message via Yahoo to Sick6speed
Do what I do get an extra air filter. I just bought a new one for my intake and put it on and then cleaned the old one to brand new condition! So now I can switch back and forth!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
818 Weekly Meet&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Sick6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in