AEM V2 CAI and Greddy evo2 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #1

AEM V2 CAI and Greddy evo2

I just installed the AEM v2 cai. It looks pretty damn nice. hahaha...but it seems like my car took off more when it had the stock one on. Is it possible to lose hp and torque? Is it just me? I guess I can actually "hear" my car accelerate now because the engine was pretty quiet before i installed it. I also just ordered a Greddy evo2 exhaust system...I'm pretty new to moding cars and stuff, but what would be the next step to increase hp, without buying turbo or anything? I know i need to get headers too...and can someone tell me what's a good brand for our car? Thanks guys!

Last edited by aquadi; November 12th, 2004 at 03:54 PM..
aquadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 12th, 2004, 03:59 PM   #2
ohh yeah ?

I thought the same. Can we get headers? Nope, sorry. Take a look at the exhaust manifold.

Would some custom milled heads do it? I think that's the only way.
7810_Accord04Co is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #3

right on dude...i thought i was alone. anything else we can do to make car go faster without spending $$$ on turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7810_Accord04Co
I thought the same. Can we get headers? Nope, sorry. Take a look at the exhaust manifold.

Would some custom milled heads do it? I think that's the only way.

Old November 12th, 2004, 05:30 PM   #4
yeaaaaaa

Send a message via AIM to neelio
niiice aquadi. i installed an aem v2 a few months ago and i just ordered a greddy evo 2 exhaust today. i cant wait to install.

and i think the car loses some lower rpm torque after the v2 install. i read it somewhere here, i dont remember.
neelio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2004, 05:35 PM   #5
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
A cold air intake system (like the V2) will help your car up top but will rob some of its lower end power. and as for headers. you can always do custom dual Pipes, the headers that come stoc arent that bad, and new piping should help. if youre interested, ask Sick6Speed or Brex, they both have 7th gens and have the true duals done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 13th, 2004, 12:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tofu_Shop
A cold air intake system (like the V2) will help your car up top but will rob some of its lower end power. and as for headers. you can always do custom dual Pipes, the headers that come stoc arent that bad, and new piping should help. if youre interested, ask Sick6Speed or Brex, they both have 7th gens and have the true duals done

cool thanks guys! aight i got another issue...since i had to take out my battery to install the intake, it reset my whole computer thingy. I have a navi in my car and on the "Trip" screen, my "miles" got reduced from about 450 full tank to 284 full tank after install. Anyone experience the same prob or know why?
Old November 13th, 2004, 10:05 AM   #7

another guy here with the v2 greddy combo, ALready have the v2 and the exhaust is coming in on monday.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 13th, 2004, 01:29 PM   #8
yeaaaaaa

Send a message via AIM to neelio
o really? my greddy is comin in on monday too, lol.
neelio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 14th, 2004, 06:21 PM   #9
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
im not exactly sure why but some of the injen cai vs aem v2 threads claim the v2 will lose low end torque but compensate up high... the injen is exactly the opposite. itll give you a boost where the 7g AV6 really needs it, the low end

v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #10
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

No actual dyno data to back it up, but imo, the Injen CAI definitely gave me across the board increases in both power and throttle response. My $0.02 .
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2004, 02:18 PM   #11

Do any of you guys have problems with fuel efficiency after installing the cai? My navigation system calculated that I can drive about 450mi(more or less) on a full tank (drving conservatively) stock. After the install and a full tank of gas, the range is now only 284mi. That's A LOT gas mileage lost. Is there something wrong?
Old November 15th, 2004, 02:41 PM   #12

450? that a helluva lot. 300 is pushing it.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2004, 02:41 PM   #13
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadi
Do any of you guys have problems with fuel efficiency after installing the cai? My navigation system calculated that I can drive about 450mi(more or less) on a full tank (drving conservatively) stock. After the install and a full tank of gas, the range is now only 284mi. That's A LOT gas mileage lost. Is there something wrong?
How long have you had the CAI on? It might take a few tanks of gas to get used to the CAI being on there. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like that's the consensus around here.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 15th, 2004, 02:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
How long have you had the CAI on? It might take a few tanks of gas to get used to the CAI being on there. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like that's the consensus around here.

awww...cool stuff i guess. I put it on last thursday...sounds nice. So should I expect my car to perform better after a few tanks?
Old November 16th, 2004, 05:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzezwild
450? that a helluva lot. 300 is pushing it.
I agree. I have gone 360 miles, but the low fuel light had been on a long time!
2003 VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 08:30 AM   #16
Stoner Boner

I've got the AEM v2 CAI installed for...7 months now, and last night just installed the GReddy Evo 2's...it's a nice combination in sound...the intake to me seems louder now with the exhaust on there, but it's probably just me grinning from ear to ear haha.

http://pictures.forthacks.com/car/intake
http://pictures.forthacks.com/car/exhaust

Butt dyno with the Evo's on there now is crazy, the bottom end responds a lot better, and it feels the top end is stronger...I'll be dynoing when it gets colder outside.

Mods: My mods were taken away by the mods.

Best To Date: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.23 60'

Previous: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.13 60'
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 08:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner
I've got the AEM v2 CAI installed for...7 months now, and last night just installed the GReddy Evo 2's...it's a nice combination in sound...the intake to me seems louder now with the exhaust on there, but it's probably just me grinning from ear to ear haha.

http://pictures.forthacks.com/car/intake
http://pictures.forthacks.com/car/exhaust

Butt dyno with the Evo's on there now is crazy, the bottom end responds a lot better, and it feels the top end is stronger...I'll be dynoing when it gets colder outside.

damn looks nice so far man. Can't wait to get my greddy set up...coming next week hopefully on tuesday. how long did it take to install it? did u do it urself or did u have someone do it? I'm getting my Tein SS-P put in on thursday...then drive that mother to L.A....its gonna be a niiiice ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in