So...I just got something installed - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:44 PM   #1
Stoner Boner

So...I just got something installed

And it's the GReddy Evo 2!

Wow...it took me and a friend about 20 minutes to change out using regular spare tire jacks to lift the rear of the car up.

It sounds very nice and not too bad at all.

I also have the AEM V2
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 15th, 2004, 11:46 PM   #2
Out of my Mind, Somewhere

Send a message via Yahoo to TooHypper
DO you have any pictures?
TooHypper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 03:37 AM   #3
Stoner Boner

I will in the morning. I'm at work right now and it's dark, plus I don't have my camera with me.

I'll even make a recording of the sound as well if I can (have to use a different camera if it's at home).

Mods: My mods were taken away by the mods.

Best To Date: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.23 60'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.13 60'

Old November 16th, 2004, 06:05 AM   #4

I will be installing mine this afternoon. just one question tho, which gaskets and bolts did yours come with? I got mine used and only got the gaskets and bolts for the 2 mufflers. not for the connection of the y-pipe and the other pipe. And i guess you're supposed to use the gasket and bolts already on the cat for the other end of that other pipe.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 08:26 AM   #5
Stoner Boner

http://pictures.forthacks.com/car/exhaust
I wish I had taken pictures before I put it on..but

It came with 6 bolts, 2 to connect each muffler to the y-pipe, and 2 to connect the y-pipe to the pipe that goes between the y-pipe and the cat. It came with 3 gaskets, 1 for between each muffler and y-pipe plus one to go from the y-pipe to the connecting pipe, and I used the preexisting one from the cat.

Took me about an hour and 20 minutes...the hardest part was getting the frickin stock exhaust off the hangers, that rubber stuff is pretty tough.

Any questions, shoot them all over.

Also pictures of my intake I took way way back in March or April or something...that was the first mod to the car: http://pictures.forthacks.com/car/intake

Don't mind the bald tires in the exhaust pictures lol...I'm getting new ones on Friday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 16th, 2004, 08:59 AM   #6
JB4 e92

Looks good man, one of my favorite exhausts for a 7thgen.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #7
yeaaaaaa

Send a message via AIM to neelio
i ordered my greddy exhaust a few days ago, i should be able to pick it up today hopefully. so i plan on installing either this weekend or during my thanksgiving break. but anyways, how did u jack up the car? like did u jack up the front of the car first and then the back of the car? or did u just jack up the back of the car? i was thinkin to get the front of the car on ramps, and then lift up the rear of the car with jacks/stands. i dunno if its safe, so u tell me whats easiest. thanks man

neelio
neelio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #8
Stoner Boner

Well, I used the spare tire jack from my car and my mom's suburban, and just jacked the back of the car up and left it in first gear (e-brake doesn't matter since the rear tires are off the ground, but the e-brake was on just in case....)

I wish I had gotten pictures of the exhaust as it was being put on. Currently there is no room in the garage for the rest of the crap to go and my exhaust, since the stock exhaust just comes off in two pieces, the left muffler is one piece, and the rest from the cat all the way to the right muffler is one piece as well...sucked but eh, who cares, it's gone

Later tonight I'll take a video camera with me and get a friend or someone to record for me doing some passes with the camera outside of the car and the camera on the inside of the car...plus I gotta reset my ECU soon so my clutch doesn't slip as I do these runs lol...

Old November 16th, 2004, 11:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner
Well, I used the spare tire jack from my car and my mom's suburban, and just jacked the back of the car up and left it in first gear (e-brake doesn't matter since the rear tires are off the ground, but the e-brake was on just in case....)

I wish I had gotten pictures of the exhaust as it was being put on. Currently there is no room in the garage for the rest of the crap to go and my exhaust, since the stock exhaust just comes off in two pieces, the left muffler is one piece, and the rest from the cat all the way to the right muffler is one piece as well...sucked but eh, who cares, it's gone

Later tonight I'll take a video camera with me and get a friend or someone to record for me doing some passes with the camera outside of the car and the camera on the inside of the car...plus I gotta reset my ECU soon so my clutch doesn't slip as I do these runs lol...
so you jacked the rear of the car up using 2 scissor jacks and got underneath it? Thats almost like committing suicide.
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #10
Stoner Boner

Yeah, I know it was stupid, but I didn't have anything else to use heh...
But yesterday I was pretty pissed off...
I made the girl that's living with me really mad due to a lie she told me, but it cut under the skin. Plus my mom is making me really mad. So is another friend of mine. And to top it off, when I went to pick up my exhaust yesterday, they said it was unpaid for and I couldn't get ahold of the guy!! I seriously got so pissed off that I didn't know what to do.

So while at the place to pick it up, I paced around for about an hour before I finally decided to transfer money from my savings to my checking account and pay for it again and deal with getting paid back the first time today...
So basically I paid $1600 for exhaust as of this minute, so I have to figure out what I'm going to do about getting reimbursed...which won't be hard because the guy I ordered it through I know him pretty well...

So...through all the stress and the 3 months it was on backorder, I didn't care how I got the exhaust installed, I'd do what it took to do, and if the car fell on me and killed me, I still wouldn't have cared (not like I could at that point anyways)....so I used what I could and got my happy ass under that car and installed it...

Enough with the story lol...

2fast4u99, it doesn't really drone, but you can definitely hear it...it's not that loud either. In a little bit I'm going to take the camera with me and let yall hear it from 55-70mph in 4th 5th and 6th gear...possibly also 3rd, and I'll do some normal take offs, and some where I'm gettin on it. Just waiting for the battery in the camera to finish charging.

Old November 16th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #11

im looking forward to hearing it. make sure youre getting exhaust sound and not intake.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #12
ex scientia vera

Quote:
2fast4u99, it doesn't really drone, but you can definitely hear it...it's not that loud either. In a little bit I'm going to take the camera with me and let yall hear it from 55-70mph in 4th 5th and 6th gear...possibly also 3rd, and I'll do some normal take offs, and some where I'm gettin on it. Just waiting for the battery in the camera to finish charging.
I love hearing exhaust. I know we've got the exhaust sticky, but damn I never get tired of hearing it. Giddy up on those clips stoner.

EDIT: BTW Stoner, nice thread title. I was like "oooo, I wonder what's in here?"

Last edited by kramer2k; November 16th, 2004 at 02:44 PM..
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #13

That exhaust is hot! Just too much $$ for me- I need tires/rims and suspension then a chip before I even think about an exhaust!
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #14

where are you getting this 8hp #? i see a max gain of 16 and a pretty significant gain right at the top end.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 07:28 PM   #15

just installed the evo2, I definitely love the sound but I thought it was gonna be quieter. Probably because everyone's been saying its quiet. I get some droning in 6th gear around 2400 rpm and 70mph.

both the tips are also rubbing up on my rear lip, I should get the hangers modified

Last edited by lazybum; November 16th, 2004 at 08:02 PM..
Old November 16th, 2004, 11:05 PM   #16

Wait a minute! Stoner I thought you had a 6 speed- why is the V6 emblem on back black?!?
Old November 16th, 2004, 11:12 PM   #17
yeaaaaaa

Send a message via AIM to neelio
^^ hey you're right. im confused...
neelio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 11:21 PM   #18
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

I noticed that as well.

Maybe he changed the emblems to make it a sleeper
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 03:48 AM   #19
vroom vroom

I remember reading Stoner's car came with a black emblem, but be assured its a six speed (the original emblem was probably stolen)

Nice choice on the exhaust Stoner!
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 05:37 AM   #20
Make Way for The Bad Guy!

Send a message via AIM to JoeySmallz
You know your supposed to take the blue plastic off the mufflers where the Greddy emblem us right? You probably don't want that to melt to your mufflers if it hasn't already...

Nice choice though on the Evo2.
JoeySmallz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 05:41 AM   #21
Boosted!

Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
looks good
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 06:20 AM   #22
Stoner Boner

Yeah, the blue plastic is already off....I took it off after I took the pictures, just wanted it there for the looks

And yes, I do have a 6 speed, if you look at my rims that's a dead giveaway. My car came with a black V6 emblem, so most idiots think my car is an auto when they wanna race me. Once I get rims, I am gonna take the V6 off so people will think I'm some idiot 4 banger ricer with dual exhaust. We'll see though....

I'll take some videos on my way to work, I leave in 40 minutes, and post them up when I get to work. Also, I'll take some tonight when we go to our weekly car meet.

Old November 17th, 2004, 07:17 AM   #23
wj4

nice stuff stoner....how much did u paid for the set? is there a noticeably gain in hp or torque?
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 09:11 AM   #24
Stoner Boner

$820, installed it myself.

Very noticable gain, the low end torque is higher, lot smoother acceration. I've noticed going into VTEC is now similar to the RSX-S...where you can actually feel it kick it, not just hear it change...so now I'm awaiting time to schedule an appointment to get it dyno'd.

Videos....well...keep checking back...so far there is only one. I'm trying to shorten it, I recorded 16 minutes worth of video...and here is the first one:
It's mostly intake you hear, but I was testing to see how much louder the intake got...and mind you I was holding the camera in my left hand, while driving and shifting with my right...it wasn't full WOT just because of the fact I lost traction TWICE in first gear...arrrr
http://pictures.forthacks.com/car/ex...eos/NotWOT.wmv

Old November 17th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #25
Stoner Boner

This one you can hear a little of everything...I had to get past this car to get onto an onramp....it was a Mustang and was wondering if he'd do something, but guess he didn't wanna play.
http://pictures.forthacks.com/car/ex...os/LastRun.wmv

Old November 17th, 2004, 09:22 AM   #26
Ridley

that system is almost too nice to put underneath a car. is that video with the new exhaust?
flrdaccrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 10:59 AM   #27
Stoner Boner

Yeah, that's the new exhaust...it sounds better in person...but then again...I've only listened to the exhaust on laptop speakers.

When I get home I'll figure it out...the entire video is 16 minutes long and 59MB...I'm debating whether or not to post it since I don't know if people would download the entire thing.

That's why I've been trying to "crop" some of it and post it up here

Old November 17th, 2004, 11:20 AM   #28
wj4

lol nice vids. where did u buy the system from? im kinda thinking about gettin one as well, but the only diff is that my av6 is an automatic not stick so there wouldnt be as much power gained as yours. how hard was it to install that in ur car? if i get it, im tempted to take it to the honda shop i know since im not exactly a professional lol
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #29

Quote:
This one you can hear a little of everything...I had to get past this car to get onto an onramp....it was a Mustang and was wondering if he'd do something, but guess he didn't wanna play.
http://pictures.forthacks.com/car/ex...os/LastRun.wmv
I gotta say- most ghetto video- ever.
Old November 17th, 2004, 06:01 PM   #30
Stoner Boner

lol I know
I was in a hurry to get in front of the guy and didn't have the little 5" LCD out to see what I was pointing at....plus mind you I was recording with my left hand the entire way and driving and shifting with my right hand. I couldn't use my knees cuz of the position I was sitting in...BUT YOU CAN HEAR IT...that's the point of it lol...I just wanted the guage on there so you could get an idea for the RPM's.

Regardless...I bought it from ATMotorsports.com (accordtuner.com), had it shipped to Titan Motorsports here in Orlando, and had to pay for it again...so I sent the receipt to Tracey (higabyte @ accordtuner) and he's going to give me the money back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in