a question for those who put in exhausts.... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:19 AM   #1
wj4

a question for those who put in exhausts....

hey guys i have an 04 auto av6 coupe and i really want to put in a nice exhaust catback system...but my only concern is that it voiding hte warranty. and being so concerned my mom got the extended 72k warranty. i hear some ppl say that they cant turn your claim away unless the defect part or the problem is connected to the mod u voided? what do u guys think about this, should i go for it or no? i mean im going to have this car for the next 2-3 yrs so i should have some fun with it right? especially with the car being paid off already lol.
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2004, 12:24 AM   #2
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
i'm in the same boat with you man... but i said fcuk and started modding my car anyways...

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #3
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiet
i'm in the same boat with you man... but i said fcuk and started modding my car anyways...
lol i was gonna start moding my car anyways beacuse im like "its a honda, itll last forever like my 93 accord with 170,xxx miles and is still running today" then i saw all the flaws with the newer ones so now im like ehhhh im already puttin new rims and tires in for sure, prolly the hfp suspension package too, and i really want exhuast cuz of the sound. i know i will get made fun of b/c i want to do all this stuff to my car and its automatic, not a stick but w/e...my mom refused for me to get a stick so i had no say in it since the car was given to me as a bday present
on another note, i had a terrific nite driving home from work today! lined up with a 328i, he got an early start but i came up and pass up a nice serving of honda sauce. he turned and an a4 3.0 came up and honked at me, it was on for 2 streets til the freeway entrance. while on the freeway, some truck came by and tried to hang w/ me but crapped out at 90mph lol. goodtime!

Old November 16th, 2004, 12:38 AM   #4
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
do a search on lemon law... it'll give you a little of what you wan to know...

i have a few things in my car, and i take my car for an oil change, they never say anything...

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:41 AM   #5
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
I dunno where it is... but sear for Moss vs. Magnuson or something... you cant void a warranty because of ANY aftermarket item, unless its proven that the particular item is the cause of failure. So if you install a new radio, and your tranny melts... they cant mess with you.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:49 AM   #6
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by abram2001
I dunno where it is... but sear for Moss vs. Magnuson or something... you cant void a warranty because of ANY aftermarket item, unless its proven that the particular item is the cause of failure. So if you install a new radio, and your tranny melts... they cant mess with you.
lol thats right...but can major problems arise from aftermarket exhaust system? im such a newbie
Old November 16th, 2004, 05:29 AM   #7

simply.. no
2k3accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 11:00 AM   #8

I'm in the same situation as you are right now. Two options run throught my mind: 1. Save up money until warrenty is over and buy parts like crazy 2. Do it now and if anything happens take it off then bring it back to honda. I know about the Act about the aftermarket parts thing, but is it really worth it to put on a mod and have to goto court to defend it? I'm sticking with option 1, I'll just wait for more aftermarket parts to come out. Who know you might not like your car by that time anymore?
vnguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #9

It's cool that your mom bought you a car and all but respect it- I'm not saying you should or shouldn't mod it but remember if you don't take driving a car seriously bad things happen. It sounds like you're already in the "I must race everyone" mentality- get out of that fast. It is fun to race every once in a while and I partake myself but at least get some time behind the wheel of your car before you start pushing it at 100+ mph.

I probably sound like your mom but I don't want to see another car wrapped around a tree...
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #10
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captal
It's cool that your mom bought you a car and all but respect it- I'm not saying you should or shouldn't mod it but remember if you don't take driving a car seriously bad things happen. It sounds like you're already in the "I must race everyone" mentality- get out of that fast. It is fun to race every once in a while and I partake myself but at least get some time behind the wheel of your car before you start pushing it at 100+ mph.

I probably sound like your mom but I don't want to see another car wrapped around a tree...
lol, i dont think im in that state of mind...i dont go to all the race meets and such. just the occasional ones against friends or ppl who rev their engine at me. im not the feisty one that goes to redlight and rev my engine at ppl, lol.
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:52 PM   #11
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
the warranty was a huge issue with me too, but think about it, your exhaust wont last forever and you will obviously have to change it eventually... so why not now. plus something as simple as that cannot cause a major problem, hence it will not be a direct cause of the warranty f'up. i already put a catback system and intake in my ride, so dont worry bout it... if your looking towards a supercharger, ecu, nos, etc. then you might want to think twice

v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #12
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
the warranty was a huge issue with me too, but think about it, your exhaust wont last forever and you will obviously have to change it eventually... so why not now. plus something as simple as that cannot cause a major problem, hence it will not be a direct cause of the warranty f'up. i already put a catback system and intake in my ride, so dont worry bout it... if your looking towards a supercharger, ecu, nos, etc. then you might want to think twice
hey whats up, lol im not going to put something big like a supercharger, nitrous or w/e....only bolt on parts
Old November 19th, 2004, 07:41 AM   #13
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
most people stick to bolt on's for their daily driver, which makes sense because after all... its still a honda accord. im not raggin on it, i love my car as much as the next guy, but if i were to drop 10-15g's into a car, it wouldnt be an accord. point is, i dont think there is anything most of us in the forum are planning on doing that will void anything from honda. plus it also depends on your relations with the dealer you bought ur ride from.

v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 3rd, 2004, 09:10 AM   #14
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!

Send a message via AIM to Sick6speed Send a message via Yahoo to Sick6speed
I have an excellent relationship with my guy over at Kolbe Honda! My car is heavily modded and he will still warranty items for me usually without a hassle. They actually like the modifications that I have done on the car and appreciate it. I got very lucky. I have been to other dealerships and they have been no help at all!!!

818 Weekly Meet&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Sick6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 3rd, 2004, 10:58 AM   #15
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick6speed
I have an excellent relationship with my guy over at Kolbe Honda! My car is heavily modded and he will still warranty items for me usually without a hassle. They actually like the modifications that I have done on the car and appreciate it. I got very lucky. I have been to other dealerships and they have been no help at all!!!
who do u know over there? im scheduled to go back there on friday the 10th and talk to Don....for the problems i have are 1. weird clanking noise from the driver side in front, like something is lose by the windshield. and 2. sometimes my seat shifts a bit when i make a fast turn....maybe if i mention u, they would treat me nice also!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in