info on the Comptech supercharger - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #1
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
info on the Comptech supercharger

I came across this article online and it'll answer ANY question you have about the Comptech supercharger's release...

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/f...05ht_comptech/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to JDMITR22
So it only runs 14.7 with the SC? thats a little high..
JDMITR22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 10:40 AM   #3

yeah 14.7 is what we get from just intake.
vnguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 17th, 2004, 10:56 AM   #4
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
yea that looked a bit off to me too... i think that was the set up on a 6G, not 7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 11:00 AM   #5
Stoner Boner

....?
14.7 with just an intake? Interesting...
I ran 14.4 stock, then 14.2 with intake.
I'm going Friday to run with the exhaust I just put on (GReddy Evo 2's).

Mods: My mods were taken away by the mods.

Best To Date: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.23 60'

Previous: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.13 60'
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 12:57 PM   #6
Make Way for The Bad Guy!

Send a message via AIM to JoeySmallz
It's a 6th gen. Accord in the article
JoeySmallz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #7

yeah, but it should end up being almost exactly the same except for the intake manifold.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 02:57 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to driven
rofl.. that article is soo old.. and its not even for your car.. rofl..

cmon guys..

btw.. people have run as low a 13.97 with that charger on their 6th gen..

some people have gotten as low as 13.5's in their 6th g's on nitrous..

Im sure other people have done better by now.. I havent kept up with others peoples performance write ups..
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 02:59 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to AV6on19s
That sucks you have to get a supercharger to get NEAR the performance of the 7th Gen AV6s 6MTs and you barely surpass the 7th gen AUTOs. Seems like a bit of a waste! However, thats just my $0.02. A supercharger on the 7th Gen AV6 6MTs should put down some sold 13.6-13.8s. Still a lot of money for that performance though.
AV6on19s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 03:46 PM   #10
6MT

Send a message via AIM to SlayerGTR
if they can push 13.5s on a 6th gen, our 7th gen can prolly hit 12.5-13s
SlayerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6on19s
That sucks you have to get a supercharger to get NEAR the performance of the 7th Gen AV6s 6MTs and you barely surpass the 7th gen AUTOs. Seems like a bit of a waste! However, thats just my $0.02. A supercharger on the 7th Gen AV6 6MTs should put down some sold 13.6-13.8s. Still a lot of money for that performance though.
no it doesnt suck.. a stock av6 runs a 16.1 man.

running anything close to a 14.5 is decent..

The power of the super charger isnt about 1/4 mile times... its about how fast you can get going on the highway.. the av6 is slow off the line because of the lame power delivery of the auto tranny.. out of the higheway its a whole nother story.. mad torque.. if you havent driven one or felt it.. then you dont know.
Old November 17th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #12

Quote:

Yeah and I bet corvette owners will say the same thing about your 7th gen 6spd. "Why bother with a stick and a supercharger for a 13.x run, what a waste"

Point is, it's fun to drive and your butt dyno will go crazy!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #13
Banned

Send a message via AIM to acccccrd Send a message via Yahoo to acccccrd
yes our 99-02 are slow, so wat??
wen the newer accords come out then 03-04 will be slow too so y spend so much to make it faster wen u can just buy the new one?? cuz we aint got 25-30 grand man. wen we bought our car we paid like 25 and now the new ones run for that much BUT some of us have paid it off or are almost close to paying it off. wat that means is that more money on parts which equals to more power. on the other hand the newer accords are still being paid which means that less money on power and more on monthly payments.

just cuz our accords are slow doesnt mean we gonna hate on that and say f it i aint gonna fix it. i know mine is a slow azz biotch but so wat. wen my car first came out it was a fast azz biatch!! same goes for the new accords. right now they fast but remember new cars get old. wen the hybrid accord comes then they'll laugh too.
a granny driving a accord hybrid wooping a 6mt accord. laugh now but what goes around comes around

DangerMouse - thanks for being on us old accords side.
good to know we still got love from the new school accords
acccccrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 07:00 PM   #14
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
Its all about getting tracktion off the line. I rairly floor it but when I do I just spin the front tires. With the new tranny that is out and a good aftercooler getting over 300whp on the 6th gen Accord will be easy.

I would certainly hope that the 7th gen Accord will be able to bust out some nice qt mile times with and without the Super Charger. It does come stock with 240hp and in most cases people go with the 6 speed auto or manual.

I do know that the 7th Gen Accord is on the list of cars to get the super charger however Comptech wants to finish up their RSX, TSX, and TL before they do the Accord. So it will be a little while. Im sure that when it does come out the numbers will be impressive, especially once people put on a higher boost pulley and really start pushing their cars.
gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gme2001
Its all about getting tracktion off the line. I rairly floor it but when I do I just spin the front tires. With the new tranny that is out and a good aftercooler getting over 300whp on the 6th gen Accord will be easy.

I would certainly hope that the 7th gen Accord will be able to bust out some nice qt mile times with and without the Super Charger. It does come stock with 240hp and in most cases people go with the 6 speed auto or manual.

I do know that the 7th Gen Accord is on the list of cars to get the super charger however Comptech wants to finish up their RSX, TSX, and TL before they do the Accord. So it will be a little while. Im sure that when it does come out the numbers will be impressive, especially once people put on a higher boost pulley and really start pushing their cars.

dude where are u located man??
i would love to check out ur car
and i bought the ground wires =)
thanks for ur help, now i just gatta get it from maurice.

man i wanna have power like ur car dude!!
=D
Old November 17th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by acccccrd

lol people shouldnt be taking "sides"

we're all accords.. theres potential for anything so as long as you got the money.. a 300hp 6th gen =

4cyl h22 turbo..or built f23 turbo on 15-20lb's boost

or

6cyl + comptech with a really really small pulley.. lol and the dr. evil tranny

People are gettin up to 270 peak hp with the high boost pulley on the 6th gen + comptech.. its just the tranny cant take it + its geared like poop
Old November 17th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven
lol people shouldnt be taking "sides"

we're all accords.. theres potential for anything so as long as you got the money.. a 300hp 6th gen =

4cyl h22 turbo..or built f23 turbo on 15-20lb's boost

or

6cyl + comptech with a really really small pulley.. lol and the dr. evil tranny

People are gettin up to 270 peak hp with the high boost pulley on the 6th gen + comptech.. its just the tranny cant take it + its geared like poop

i agree with u!!
we all accords. we should be dissing on the other ones

but yeah money plays the main factor in this
if i had a million dollars to spend on my accord then first i would slap myself and wonder y am i gonna spend it on an accord wne i can get an aston vanquish or better yet i'd hit myself and ask y am i not buying a mansion??
then i would remember that me an idiot and i love my accord too dam much!!
i'd make it all wheel drive with twin turbo OH YEAH!!
pssssssssssssssssss goes that turbo!!
Old November 17th, 2004, 09:08 PM   #18

any of those options above can be had for under 10000$.. none the less. alot of money to spend on an accord.. but I guess its all about being unique for some people.. I would much rather be ain a bmw
Old November 18th, 2004, 09:37 AM   #19

Quote:
no it doesnt suck.. a stock av6 runs a 16.1 man.

running anything close to a 14.5 is decent..

The power of the super charger isnt about 1/4 mile times... its about how fast you can get going on the highway.. the av6 is slow off the line because of the lame power delivery of the auto tranny.. out of the higheway its a whole nother story.. mad torque.. if you havent driven one or felt it.. then you dont know.

Good point - but the trap speed wasnt anything special either, but I definitely see where your coming from
Old November 18th, 2004, 09:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse
Yeah and I bet corvette owners will say the same thing about your 7th gen 6spd. "Why bother with a stick and a supercharger for a 13.x run, what a waste"

Point is, it's fun to drive and your butt dyno will go crazy!

Yeah they could see that but thats a pretty weak comparison being the Corvette is a 2 seater 350HP V8 RWD coupe that costs $40,000+

A $5k supercharger on a 26,000 AV6 6MT would only put it a bit over 30,000 and running 13s is nothing to "bother with" especially since it would be almost as fast as that vette (from a roll anyway).

What I was saying IMO, that means IN MY OPINION, I just think its too much money to spend to go near times of the new stock AV6. Id rather just have the 7th gen, and I do! LOL No hard feelings, just an opinion.
Old November 18th, 2004, 09:46 AM   #21
Who are you!?

San Jose

Quote:
dude where are u located man??
i would love to check out ur car
and i bought the ground wires =)
thanks for ur help, now i just gatta get it from maurice.

man i wanna have power like ur car dude!!
=D
Old November 18th, 2004, 09:07 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
San Jose
crap kinda far from me
me in sac

ok next meet WE HAVE TO MEET
agree??
Old November 19th, 2004, 01:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Yeah they could see that but thats a pretty weak comparison being the Corvette is a 2 seater 350HP V8 RWD coupe that costs $40,000+

A $5k supercharger on a 26,000 AV6 6MT would only put it a bit over 30,000 and running 13s is nothing to "bother with" especially since it would be almost as fast as that vette (from a roll anyway).

What I was saying IMO, that means IN MY OPINION, I just think its too much money to spend to go near times of the new stock AV6. Id rather just have the 7th gen, and I do! LOL No hard feelings, just an opinion.
it's cool man, and the only reason I say it is cause a couple of guys at work have vette's and always give me crap, saying "if you wanted a fast car why didn't you just buy a fast car to begin with?" so I have to defend myself. Usually I just say "don't be jealous cause I could put your car in my trunk (to the guy with the s2k), and because chicks dig the seat warmers."
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #24

Quote:
yes our 99-02 are slow, so wat??
wen the newer accords come out then 03-04 will be slow too so y spend so much to make it faster wen u can just buy the new one?? cuz we aint got 25-30 grand man. wen we bought our car we paid like 25 and now the new ones run for that much BUT some of us have paid it off or are almost close to paying it off. wat that means is that more money on parts which equals to more power. on the other hand the newer accords are still being paid which means that less money on power and more on monthly payments.

just cuz our accords are slow doesnt mean we gonna hate on that and say f it i aint gonna fix it. i know mine is a slow azz biotch but so wat. wen my car first came out it was a fast azz biatch!! same goes for the new accords. right now they fast but remember new cars get old. wen the hybrid accord comes then they'll laugh too.
a granny driving a accord hybrid wooping a 6mt accord. laugh now but what goes around comes around

I've had a 6th gen coupe before and now I have a 7th gen coupe.. that's just say I didn't choose to get the 7th gen coupe (I even go test drive scion tc and toyota solara) because of its performance. I choose to stay with accord because it was the best value for my money among the choice out there. Actually I like the style of the 6th gen more and I don't feel that it is SO SLOW. I mean, for that much of money it's a pretty decent car. When I had my 6th gen, I saw a G35 or Z I would back out. I know they paid more money than me and they deserve that respect. Now I'm with my 7th gen and I see a G35 and Z, I still back out. Why? Same reason.

The point is accord is more about value than performance, and you can sense that from its TV commercial. It's always talking about value, value, and value. I think what ppl with 7th gen on this thread is saying that even with a few grands for S/C a 6th gen can only make up to even with a 7th gen. Then why don't ppl just trade in their 6th gen with that few grands as down and get a 7th gen? Well, it's all about the money and ppl all have different issues, so that's just love all the accord together, shall we?

P.S.

I didn't get scion tc because my dealer said it's back ordered for four months

In case you wonder why I love my 6th gen so much and I still change it, I really don't want to, but it was crushed like a hatch back.
ayanami2015 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2004, 11:00 PM   #25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayanami2015
I've had a 6th gen coupe before and now I have a 7th gen coupe.. that's just say I didn't choose to get the 7th gen coupe (I even go test drive scion tc and toyota solara) because of its performance. I choose to stay with accord because it was the best value for my money among the choice out there. Actually I like the style of the 6th gen more and I don't feel that it is SO SLOW. I mean, for that much of money it's a pretty decent car. When I had my 6th gen, I saw a G35 or Z I would back out. I know they paid more money than me and they deserve that respect. Now I'm with my 7th gen and I see a G35 and Z, I still back out. Why? Same reason.

The point is accord is more about value than performance, and you can sense that from its TV commercial. It's always talking about value, value, and value. I think what ppl with 7th gen on this thread is saying that even with a few grands for S/C a 6th gen can only make up to even with a 7th gen. Then why don't ppl just trade in their 6th gen with that few grands as down and get a 7th gen? Well, it's all about the money and ppl all have different issues, so that's just love all the accord together, shall we?

P.S.

I didn't get scion tc because my dealer said it's back ordered for four months

In case you wonder why I love my 6th gen so much and I still change it, I really don't want to, but it was crushed like a hatch back.

as long as we all accord brothers then its all good
=)

hey quick question. how come the 7th gen performs so much better?? besides hp and tq, is it cuz the tranny is better then our crap 6th gen ones??
Old November 19th, 2004, 11:05 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
7th gen rocks
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2004, 11:46 AM   #27

Quote:
as long as we all accord brothers then its all good
=)

hey quick question. how come the 7th gen performs so much better?? besides hp and tq, is it cuz the tranny is better then our crap 6th gen ones??
There trannies are slightly better. Their auto's have problems/TSB's too. There was recently a recall on them in case you havent been keeping up with accord news. I dont know about your's, but my tranny works fine.. they just arent geared for racing. Most people with really great 1/4 mile times in their 7th gen accords have 6 speed transmissions. You can harness power alot better with a MT.
Imo, why alot of people get comptech on their 6th gens instead of just buying a new 7th gen is because a 6mt accord costs 27000$ minimum. Where you can just bolt on a comptech for 5000$ max(includes installation and tuning) and have fun being the under dog.
The 7th gen isnt superior in any other way. I've done work on their suspension, its the same damn thing. I find their dash annoying as hell because the build quality is ****(dash lights/back lighting always failing) and you cant install a aftermarket HU without lots of custom work or using one of the ugly dash kits some companies are now selling. The exterior styling is purely objective to me, I love the 6th gens styling, The 7th gens is growing on me.

If you want the best bang for the buck.. get a 7th gen 4cyl 5 speed for 21k.. then bolt on a custom turbo, or the new comptech SC thats coming out for the k24 motor. Upgrade the clutch and dump a bunch of boost into it. It will run pretty damn quick for under the cost of a brand new 7th gen 6mt.
Old November 20th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #28

Quote:
There trannies are slightly better. Their auto's have problems/TSB's too. There was recently a recall on them in case you havent been keeping up with accord news. I dont know about your's, but my tranny works fine.. they just arent geared for racing. Most people with really great 1/4 mile times in their 7th gen accords have 6 speed transmissions. You can harness power alot better with a MT.
Imo, why alot of people get comptech on their 6th gens instead of just buying a new 7th gen is because a 6mt accord costs 27000$ minimum. Where you can just bolt on a comptech for 5000$ max(includes installation and tuning) and have fun being the under dog.
The 7th gen isnt superior in any other way. I've done work on their suspension, its the same damn thing. I find their dash annoying as hell because the build quality is ****(dash lights/back lighting always failing) and you cant install a aftermarket HU without lots of custom work or using one of the ugly dash kits some companies are now selling. The exterior styling is purely objective to me, I love the 6th gens styling, The 7th gens is growing on me.

If you want the best bang for the buck.. get a 7th gen 4cyl 5 speed for 21k.. then bolt on a custom turbo, or the new comptech SC thats coming out for the k24 motor. Upgrade the clutch and dump a bunch of boost into it. It will run pretty damn quick for under the cost of a brand new 7th gen 6mt.
I half agree with what you said.........

Back in '01 when I bought my Prelude, my first choice was actually an Accord coupe V6. I loved the style and interior refinement. The only reason I didn't buy it was that the V6 came in auto only. That was a deal killer for me. My college roommate had an '02 and I've had plenty of passenger seat time in it.

I think the interior design on the 6th gen is/was great, but consider the 7th gen interior a logical evolution...same with the exterior. I think anyone will admit that the leather is light years ahead of the 6th gens. The substantial upgrade in power speaks for itself as does the long awaited 6spd manual. Plus with factory options like tilt/telescoping wheel, 17" wheels, available navi, heated seats, etc....its a win all around for the 7th gen.

October 2004 - June 2005
cammyfive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 20th, 2004, 07:05 PM   #29
Who are you!?

So anyway back on topic im guessing that the super charger for the 7th gen is going to produce about 260whp. That is going to be very nice.
Old November 20th, 2004, 07:42 PM   #30

Quote:
So anyway back on topic im guessing that the super charger for the 7th gen is going to produce about 260whp. That is going to be very nice.
That would be roughly a 40whp gain over stock. Hopefully with intake/exhaust and Unchip we should be at 300whp...or darn close.

October 2004 - June 2005
cammyfive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in