Just Bought Comptech Full Exhaust for my 6 speed!... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2004, 03:16 AM   #1
Got VTEC?...

Just Bought Comptech Full Exhaust for my 6 speed!...

Hi all. I am new to the v6performance forum world, and I want to say hello to you all.

Last week, I bought the Comptech full exhaust system for my Accord! This setup is sweeeeet! I experienced so much more top end power, it was rediculious. And when the VTEC kicks in, the Accord SCREAMS! I was so amazed at how much louder the engine was, I was drooling like a kid in a candy store!

It is loud enough to make you enthusiests impressed, yet quiet enough to have a comfortable and enjoyable cruise while in 6th gear.

I understand that it is pricy ( I payed $800 flat because Comptech knows me on a first name basis), but the power gains are WELL worth it! Seek out this system, you truly will not be dissapointed.

Trav
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2004, 03:58 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to accord03
sound clip and pictures please!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello Prius.

old sn: AwSoMNaMjA
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:14 AM   #3

dyno fa sho sho
2k3accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:24 AM   #4
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord03
sound clip and pictures please!
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 09:50 AM   #5
somethingJDM.com

Can you get me a comptech exhuast for 800?
duRritztiNy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 10:30 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to 03 Aero Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4

I payed $800 flat
I still believe you were overcharged. The system appears to be the same as a Borla. I own the Borla and I am equally pleased for far less money. I believe other people on the board make a great point when they say we should build custom exhausts for less money than Comptech.

Please dynq when you get a chance and see if the Comptech claims are true.
03 Aero Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 10:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u99
This guy probbly works at comptech
wouldn't be surprised.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:32 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Ursus
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzezwild
wouldn't be surprised.
dang... hm.. if comptech ppl do that too.. that's low.. hopefully this guy is for real and provide us w/ some pictures and more importantly sound/video clip
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:33 AM   #9
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 Aero Coupe
I still believe you were overcharged.

Trust me, when it comes to quality and durability, nothing stands close to that of Comptech. I would rather spend more on quality than spend less and get something of a poorer build. As I always say, If your gonna go something, do it RIGHT the first time.

Please dynq when you get a chance and see if the Comptech claims are true.
Just go to the comptech website for a dyno. They don't lie about their gains. Dynographs costs lots of $$$, and Id rather use it to buy performance than proof.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:34 AM   #10
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzezwild
wouldn't be surprised.

I dont work at Comptech. But I do buy all my aftermarket from them. If COmptech doesn't sell it, I won't buy it.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Just go to the comptech website for a dyno. They don't lie about their gains. Dynographs costs lots of $$$, and Id rather use it to buy performance than proof.
... no they don't. not really. my friend got dyno and tune for like $50.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:54 AM   #12

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33636

Buy 2 comptech mufflers for $84, make your own exhaust! You just need tips and piping!

LX V6
sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 01:42 PM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to duman
Magnaflow.
duman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 04:01 PM   #14

Quote:
I dont work at Comptech. But I do buy all my aftermarket from them. If COmptech doesn't sell it, I won't buy it.

he might be legit... i know alot of Honda fans that swear up and down about Comptech...

So CompetchAcc, can you get other members the exhaust for 8 flat too?
hondatuner7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 04:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Wanna provide us with some pictures/videos? since you're the first one on the forum to get a hold of these babies.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 05:00 PM   #16
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatuner7
he might be legit... i know alot of Honda fans that swear up and down about Comptech...

So CompetchAcc, can you get other members the exhaust for 8 flat too?

Absolutly, but the problem is simply this. When Comptech starts to notice that I am buying 10 exhaust systems a week, I know that Shad (head technician) will start to ask some questions, which is what I DON'T want to happen.

Also, considering that some of you dont live in California like myself, I don't want to be held responsible for shipping problems for ALL of you v6performance members. I hope you can understand.

As far as pictures are concerned, I will try to get some out ASAP. Patience is virtue
Old November 22nd, 2004, 05:03 PM   #17
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwiches
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33636

Buy 2 comptech mufflers for $84, make your own exhaust! You just need tips and piping!

Ok, and when your rinky dink system rusts and falls to pieces, than what are you going to do?

If your gonna do something, do it right the first time. Quality assurance, can't beat it.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 05:46 PM   #18
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
if comptech could sell 10 systems for $800 each to us (who will obviously spread the word) thats a better business move than selling 0 for... um $0

v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:08 PM   #19
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Patience is virtue
Not one of mine, man

J/K
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 08:06 PM   #20
vroom vroom

Great choice! If I were to buy an exhaust it would be Comptech
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 08:40 PM   #21

Quote:

As far as pictures are concerned, I will try to get some out ASAP. Patience is virtue
I think more importantly the video/sound clip, because someone already posted the pictures of the comptech exhaust. I think if you really want to promote how good this setup is, then you gotta let us hear it.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 09:24 PM   #22
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus
I think more importantly the video/sound clip, because someone already posted the pictures of the comptech exhaust. I think if you really want to promote how good this setup is, then you gotta let us hear it.

Whats the point of a sound clip? Look at the Comptech dyno! That should be more than enough of a reason to go out and get this system!
Old November 22nd, 2004, 09:41 PM   #23
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
Quote:
Absolutly, but the problem is simply this. When Comptech starts to notice that I am buying 10 exhaust systems a week, I know that Shad (head technician) will start to ask some questions, which is what I DON'T want to happen.

Also, considering that some of you dont live in California like myself, I don't want to be held responsible for shipping problems for ALL of you v6performance members. I hope you can understand.

dude...i live in san diego cali...would you be able to hook me up? i've got $800 cash right now! i love the greddy evo2 but i like comptech also...lemme kno...i will even drive to el dorado hills to pick it up!
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 09:45 PM   #24
Banished From Selling

Send a message via AIM to dashyt2dafulliz Send a message via Yahoo to dashyt2dafulliz
iono but welcome to the board (i guess i would be the first to say sumthing) ungrateful ingrates
dashyt2dafulliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 09:50 PM   #25

if im gonna buy an exhaust system, im gonna buy it for the sound it makes and the way it look, not the performance gain.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 10:43 PM   #26
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
frankly.. i think all catback makes pretty much same amount of gain.. as long as they have size pipe..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:02 PM   #27
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvtec
dude...i live in san diego cali...would you be able to hook me up? i've got $800 cash right now! i love the greddy evo2 but i like comptech also...lemme kno...i will even drive to el dorado hills to pick it up!

Yes, i will do so. Please give me your email address so I can let you know about the progress. Thanks
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Whats the point of a sound clip? Look at the Comptech dyno! That should be more than enough of a reason to go out and get this system!
I'm not skeptical about the gain, I trust comptech, but if Greddy/Tanabe sounds better than comptech, ppl will still get those because of sound. Would you want to roll on a car that has sucky ass exhaust sound? i'm just saying.. if you provide us w/ a short clip, this will definitely promote ur product better, on top of the dyno.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 12:26 AM   #29
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus
I'm not skeptical about the gain, I trust comptech, but if Greddy/Tanabe sounds better than comptech, ppl will still get those because of sound. Would you want to roll on a car that has sucky ass exhaust sound? i'm just saying.. if you provide us w/ a short clip, this will definitely promote ur product better, on top of the dyno.
Id rather roll in a high performance car than roll in something that is louder than other cars. Do you want to look cool or do you want to win? I'd rather win. I could really care less about how loud my car is or what it looks like.

And to answer your question, If I had to choose between "sucky exhaust sound" or lower tone exhaust with more horsepower gains, than that is really a no brainer...

Performance beats looks and sound EVERY TIME. Nuff said.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 12:50 AM   #30

Quote:
Id rather roll in a high performance car than roll in something that is louder than other cars. Do you want to look cool or do you want to win? I'd rather win. I could really care less about how loud my car is or what it looks like.

And to answer your question, If I had to choose between "sucky exhaust sound" or lower tone exhaust with more horsepower gains, than that is really a no brainer...

Performance beats looks and sound EVERY TIME. Nuff said.
I'm sorry, did I ever mention loudness? my Tanabe catback is not loud at all and it should provide reasonable gain that should be able to compete w/ comptech. I'm just tryin to get a clip for everyone else to hear. If you are too lazy to do that so be it, but dont be a jackass and assume I dont care about performance. So here's my point, if Greddy and comptech gives the same gain.. doesn't it comes down to which looks/sounds better? correct me if i'm wrong.. and DONT say comptech gives more gain than Greddy.. not until u put both setup on the SAME car and dyno under the same condition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in