header? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2004, 03:56 PM   #1
hmmm...

Send a message via AIM to 7thgenaccd
header?

I have an i4, but i just wanted to know if you guys think a header is really loud? I want some more power, but i dont want my car to be too loud.. so anyone have any experience with headers b4?
7thgenaccd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2004, 04:40 PM   #2

headers don't make your car loud at all. basically the design of headers allow better exhaust flow out of your car, which should give you better performance and increased top end. what would make your car louder is if you replaced your cat with a straight pipe or glass pack. headers are expensive though, and hoenstly i wouldn't waste my money there,

all the basic bolt on add up to a lot of money, you figure headers would cost like 350 then intake for another 250 then exhaust system for 5-600, that's almost a thousand dollars if not more. even for a 4 cylinder, with the gains you will recieve in numbers i don't think it's worth it. i'd look into saving for a turbo kit, supercharger or upgrade internals. i.e. cams, port polish, angle valve job, etc. but it's up to you.

Last edited by XplicitAzian; November 27th, 2004 at 10:35 PM..
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 26th, 2004, 10:18 PM   #3
God of Car

Send a message via AIM to i3igpete
yeah don't be an idiot like me and buy I/H/TP/E. get the nitrous first. then the rest.

or if you're going to go turbo, everything is going to be worthless. so plan first. i know i didn't.

Last edited by i3igpete; November 26th, 2004 at 10:21 PM..
i3igpete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 27th, 2004, 12:14 AM   #4
Got VTEC?...

You two have it all backwards. Did you mention to this poor guy that NOS and/or a turbocharger is absolutly aweful for your engine? Header, intake, and exhaust are a thousand times safer than both of those. And if you buy from comptech, not only will you gain good horsepower, but it won't negate any warranties.

Unless you beef up your internals and your overall engine, there is no way that a stock car can handle the strain from a turbo or even NOS. So here is my advice for people with a budget....

Anyone who wants power, go header, intake, and exhaust (thats a no brainer). If you want more power, go supercharger (NOT turbo...). If you still want more power, than I suggest you buy a faster car.

Nuff said
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:25 PM   #5
hmmm...

^^^ thats wat i was thinking.......and i found headers for i4 for 270......so i think thats a good deal..thanks
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
And if you buy from comptech, not only will you gain good horsepower, but it won't negate any warranties.
wait, you mean if I buy a comptech header and exhaust, my dealer will still honor my warranty? Is that written down somewhere, I've never heard that before? What is it that comptech does special to secure this kind of warranty support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
If you want more power, go supercharger (NOT turbo...).
why's that? What's wrong with a turbo? Can't you get just as much performance, if not more, with a turbo? Or is it that comptech only makes superchargers, not turbos?
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #7

for the money being spent (270) you would be getting very little gains, on a dyno probably even 3-4 hp, but with a nice exhaust system maybe 6hp give or take. honestly that much hp isn't worth the money you are spending. but answering your question, no headers do not make your car loud.

as for comptech, granted their products are worth the money spent, beacuse on a dyno they actually show gains but as for warrenty covered by honda corp. anything comptech band is covered by whatever warrenty comptech gives because honda will not cover anything. the ONLY THING honda will warrenty is any spoon product. i.e. bbk, spoon suspension, etc. as for things that have a carb number on it depending on the dealer they will still keep warrenty to certain things. i.e. if you had an aem intake, and you have loss of compression in a piston chamber, warrenty will cover that, but if you have an aem cai intake and get hydrolocked then honda will not warrenty a new engine what so ever.....

as for aftermarket stuff, i agree with you that any form of forced induction isn't healthy for your engine unless you beef up internals. you can get away on stock internals with little amount of boost, your internals will be fine and you'll far exceed how much hp the basic bolt ons will achieve. but for that amount of significant hp increase, yes build up your engine, i'd suggest internal mods, raise compression, better fuel management, stroke, bore, then forced induction probably last, unless you want to build an engine based on forced induction.

turbo and sc and nitrous (NOS is a just a brand made by holly that got hyped by the movie fast and furious), sc is the most reliable route to go, you don't have to constantly check your oil etc like a turbo, but with a sc you are limited to an amount of hp by the size of the pully. and with a sc it takes power to produce power. but on the bright side comptech and jrsc are street legal

with a turbo, the unit is just using excess exhaust fumes. which are unwanted anyways. granted there is a lag, and you have to maintain readings, like oil, pressure, fuel, etc. it's a more complex system, but if in the hands of a person that knows what they are doing, a turbo charger is far superrior to all because of how much hp it can produce. downfall most turbo systems aren't street legal. ones that i do know of are greddy and now eddelbrock

as for nitrous, very simple, the best bang for the bucks. for about 600 bucks you can have a 50 single shot fogger into your intake and bam hp on demand and not as expensive. with a full system like a wet system, you can easily reach 150extra hp, but with nitrous of course it's illegal, but again you would have to build your internals, and most people worry about combustion, of something that will go wrong or your bottle exploding. but honestly working with nitrous, it is very easy to manage, only time it will combust is if the bottle gets punctured, just like any other pressurized bottle and if your lines have a leak. remember nitrous is just mere laughing gas, it's combustable with mixed with fuel (wet system). all in all nitrous is a nice little inexpensive toy to play with, but most people don't have the guts to.

just my .02 cents

even though the thread is about headers being loud or not....eh i was bored
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #8
hmmm...

is stainless steel much better den ceramic coating for headers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in