problem with my greddy - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #1
yeaaaaaa

Send a message via AIM to neelio
Unhappy problem with my greddy

hey guys,

i just installed the greddy evo2 exhaust on the accord about 2 days ago. im really enjoying the sound and everything, it sounds sooo nice. i also have a video of the sound and stuff, which i'll post up later.

but i have one problem, the exhaust looks wayyy crooked. wayy crooked. i dont know what wrong with it. the left exhaust muffler hangs wayy lower than the right one. it looks really messed up. i even raised up the car today again to take a look at it, and i have no idea how to fix it. the rubber hanger pieces are really tweaked and there's no way to fix it without bending the hangers on the car and the exhaust. the hangers on the exhaust are also grinding against the metal shrowds underneath the car. here are some pix to help visualize. im thinkin of emailing greddy and askin them whats up. im pretty sure i installed it correctly.

i tried slipping the exhaust hangers through the rubber evenly, but it wont budge, the whole thing just wont move. its pretty tight.

im not sure what to do, has anyone else had this problem before? how can i fix it?

thanks guys
here are some other pix of the install: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2134980753

~neelio

Last edited by neelio; November 28th, 2004 at 05:38 PM..
neelio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #2
"Always A Sleeper"

Send a message via AIM to Forrealjohnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelio
hey guys,

i just installed the greddy evo2 exhaust on the accord about 2 days ago. im really enjoying the sound and everything, it sounds sooo nice. i also have a video of the sound and stuff, which i'll post up later.

but i have one problem, the exhaust looks wayyy crooked. wayy crooked. i dont know what wrong with it. the left exhaust muffler hangs wayy lower than the right one. it looks really messed up. i even raised up the car today again to take a look at it, and i have no idea how to fix it. the rubber hanger pieces are really tweaked and there's no way to fix it without bending the hangers on the car and the exhaust. the hangers on the exhaust are also grinding against the metal shrowds underneath the car. here are some pix to help visualize. im thinkin of emailing greddy and askin them whats up. im pretty sure i installed it correctly.

i tried slipping the exhaust hangers through the rubber evenly, but it wont budge, the whole thing just wont move. its pretty tight.

im not sure what to do, has anyone else had this problem before? how can i fix it?

thanks guys
here are some other pix of the install: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2134980753

~neelio
Take it to your local Midas or Menike. They can fix it. Cheap.
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Forrealjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 28th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #3

you got pm neelio

Old November 28th, 2004, 11:34 PM   #4
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

I had the same exact problem on my install. The left muffler hung considerbly lower than the right side. So I took it to my local muffler shop and they tweaked with the rubber bushing and they also had to heat up my piping with a torch in order to bend it. But now its fine. But just take it to a local muffler shop and they should be able to fix it.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2004, 12:19 AM   #5
yeaaaaaa

o really? thats cool, so im not the only one. how much did u pay to get it fixed?
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:16 AM   #6

it looks like the hangers aren't fully on the rubber hangers. Try pushing them through a little more first. It looks like a bump in the road will get the hangers out of the rubber things.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #7
yeaaaaaa

naw i tried slippin them on fully. in order to slide them on, the exhaust needs to be pushed back. there's no way the exhaust can be moved or tweaked. there are 5 hangers total, 3 of them are perfect, the other 2 are tweaked as hell.
Old November 29th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to azn8pie
yea...i'm sure there's a defect when greddy made em. I have the greddy evo2 on my 4 banger 7th gen...and the rubber hangers are stretched...with my 3 inch drop...the resonator scratches...and i consider the greddys hangin' too low~ and im sure i can c it goin' way up. the fit is terrible and the muffler hits my rear bumper...somwhat melting... muffler shop it is...after i get the kaminari kit...
azn8pie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #9
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Quote:
o really? thats cool, so im not the only one. how much did u pay to get it fixed?

Well, the manager at the muffler shop is my next door neighbor and i've sent him alot of customers. So on small things, the hooks me up for free. But any muffler shop shouldn't charge more than $20. I could be wrong but you just have to ask.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2004, 09:50 PM   #10
the tooth

yea.....i hope greddy knows about this problem because my friend's evo 2 does the exact same thing.
Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2004, 03:12 PM   #11
DOO

Quote:
hey guys,

thanks guys

~neelio

what happended to your tail lights? they have an awful looking fade to them. is that a defect that i should be worried about?
DOO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 30th, 2004, 07:10 PM   #12
yeaaaaaa

lol, i tinted them awhile ago, looked good in the beginning, now it looks like shyt. im waiting for winter break to try and take it off. i wanna try and get it done so it has a nice shine.
Old November 30th, 2004, 08:55 PM   #13
7yr / 120K

Quote:
lol, i tinted them awhile ago, looked good in the beginning, now it looks like shyt.
Hello boys and girls..... can you say ILLEGAL!
Celestion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2004, 12:37 AM   #14
yeaaaaaa

i think there's a rule or law sayin that as long as u can see the brake lights light up from 1000 feet away, then its ok. but i dunno. ive gotten pulled over for speeding twice with the lights like that, and the cops never said anything about it, and they didnt give me the ticket for speeding. so i guess its all good, lol.
Old December 1st, 2004, 06:44 PM   #15
yeaaaaaa

stopped by at Midas today, and the guy checked it out. he told me he'd charge 25 bucks if i let him do it today, cause his manager was gonna come back tomorrow, and then it would cost 45-50 bucks. but yeah, i let him do it, and he fixed it in 30 min. looks great. he rewelded the hangers and made it hook like. i'll take pics of how it looks and what he did, tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in