anyone ever got pull over cuz of exhaust? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2004, 12:33 PM   #1
wj4

anyone ever got pull over cuz of exhaust?

im on the verge of buying a catback system for my car, either a magnaflow or borla (evo2 looks too wild for me) and just want to know how many of u guys got pulled over before due to loud exhaust? i know in so cal, theres no official rule that says this much decibal is too loud, it just goes by the officers. just a question for u guys
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2004, 12:36 PM   #2
V Go SoCal Drivers V

Send a message via AIM to bustedryde
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
im on the verge of buying a catback system for my car, either a magnaflow or borla (evo2 looks too wild for me) and just want to know how many of u guys got pulled over before due to loud exhaust? i know in so cal, theres no official rule that says this much decibal is too loud, it just goes by the officers. just a question for u guys
There IS a decibel limit that must be met, I used to be pulled over all the time in my old 90 Celica GT All-Trac that had a Cherry Bomb (10 yrs ago when loud=speed in my head )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bustedryde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2004, 12:42 PM   #3
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
I got pulled over for a modified exhaust that and it was probable twice the legal limit for noise.
gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 1st, 2004, 12:44 PM   #4
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
magnaflow and borla arent even close to being too loud, well at least any state ive ever lived in. they give a nice sound, not loud and obnoxious

v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2004, 01:12 PM   #5
Out of my Mind, Somewhere

Send a message via Yahoo to TooHypper
I would imagine you would need to do something else to get the cops attention....there are so many people out there with loud exhaust that maybe having tinted windows....speeding or what ever would get you pulled over, then that could be added to the ticket.

I had a loud exhaust on my 02 accord and never got pulled over for it.....even with the short ram, just my 2 cents
TooHypper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2004, 01:14 PM   #6
Boosted!

Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
yea if ypu have dark tints they will pull you over when if u have exhaust the might do a db test thats wat they did to my friend a few days ago
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2004, 04:45 PM   #7
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
never had problem when i had borla...

with my new exhaust setup.. the sound was so loud that a chp get off freeway to catch me on local (i was on local sort of parallel to the freeway).. still got no ticket tho.. (cuz i am lucky like that.. )
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2004, 06:45 PM   #8
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
never had problem when i had borla...

with my new exhaust setup.. the sound was so loud that a chp get off freeway to catch me on local (i was on local sort of parallel to the freeway).. still got no ticket tho.. (cuz i am lucky like that.. )
u sold hte borla, brex? how was it when u had it noisewise?
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:12 PM   #9
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
louder than stock.. but not loud enuf to annoy most people..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:13 PM   #10
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
louder than stock.. but not loud enuf to annoy most people..
where/how much did u get it for? im about to get that in a month or so
Old December 1st, 2004, 11:12 PM   #11

SoCal cops (L.A.) are f*cken asses....i live in NorCal now. Got pulled over a couple days after i got my greddy installed....not because it was too loud, but because i was going to freakin fast because i wanted to hear it's sweetness. The exhausts in these threads aren't loud enough for you to get pulled over...but in L.A., a cop will pull u over for no freakin reason....and he might blame ur exhaust. good luck.
aquadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2004, 11:24 PM   #12
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadi
SoCal cops (L.A.) are f*cken asses....i live in NorCal now. Got pulled over a couple days after i got my greddy installed....not because it was too loud, but because i was going to freakin fast because i wanted to hear it's sweetness. The exhausts in these threads aren't loud enough for you to get pulled over...but in L.A., a cop will pull u over for no freakin reason....and he might blame ur exhaust. good luck.

they have to have a reason to pull you over and a modified exhaust is a valid reason.
It is beneath me.
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 2nd, 2004, 12:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali
they have to have a reason to pull you over and a modified exhaust is a valid reason.

yea it is...but my statement still stands...they are jerks. My friends and I got pulled over one time in Alhambra...we got padded down, the cop asked for the car to be searched (of course my friend said no because the cop didnt have a warrant) then when we asked why we got pulled over, the cop said that my friend's necklace, that was hanging from the rear view mirror, was too big. Sh*t, all 5 of us standing in a neighborhood with people looking at us like we're some thugs just because of a necklace? WTF? That's some crooked sh*t dont you think?
aquadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:02 PM   #14
Retired the Accord

haha... better question would have been, "who hasn't been pulled over for their exhaust" I've been pulled over for mine, so I just put the caps on and left it that way. Otherwise it's crazy sounding. Too much resonance.

Sold but not forgotten - 98 Accord -

justkillin_time is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 3rd, 2004, 07:58 AM   #15
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!

Send a message via AIM to Sick6speed Send a message via Yahoo to Sick6speed
I haven't been pulkled over yet but I am waitng for it because my car is way too loud!

818 Weekly Meet&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Sick6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in