Accord V6 Forum banner

Does this crap work? (performance chip)

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  PFizzle 
#1 ·
#2 ·
read the whole thing...

" Q: What is this Device?
A: It is a static carbon resistor that gives out a constant reading of outside air temperature reading to your ECU."

and hit that into ebay and you see what he sells...

heres 300 of those for 1 dollar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73147&item=3856230044&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

;)

tell me hes not making a killing ;)

and on top of that hes a dumbass for saying that a carbon resistor gives out a reading... he should at least goto school.. or do a google search on what a carbon resistor does.. all it does is RESISTS A LOAD... sigh. when will these ebay retards learn.

#7 ·
0430Steve said:
Try it and let us know, but don't go a kill the guy when it frys your ECU or something. I wouldn't trust anything like that....it's cheap for a reason.

Agreed. That is why I stick with Comptech, if they dont sell it, i dont buy it. Performance chips, spark plugs, etc., dont mess around with those. They negate warrenty, and eventually cause your car to experience premature tranny problems. It might be pricey, but there is no better bang for your buck when it comes to performance AND quality.

Comptech, can't be beat...

#10 ·
you really are pushing comptech, aren't you? :rolleye2: what proof is there that they are significantly better than other performance parts companies? sure they release a nice supercharger here or there, but its not even close to something like an hks supercharger. or do you just buy them because you're another fanboy that thinks because he buys comptech his car will magically be perfection on wheels?

bang for your buck? how is $120 for a sway bar or $1000 for a catback exhaust bang for your buck?

#13 ·
yeah, spark plugs are a real scam, stay away from those :rolleye2:

#14 ·
clean2draccord said:
Watch out on eBay for scams (like so), they're just trying to catch the last few that aren't so eBay smart out there. ;)

Looking for a performance chip? Search around the forum for threads on the UNICHIP. Help support our vendors as well as V6P.net. :)
Do they make a unichip for the 4bangers, i dont have any mods either, its just stock (except for TL sway). Anyways, i went to teh v6performance shop and they didnt have a unichip for the 4 bangers.
They cost a pretty penny as well, no doubt. I am pressed for money in that case.
Well i will definately consider it. I know stuff from V6p is not sh*t.

#15 ·
deuzezwild said:
bang for your buck? how is $120 for a sway bar or $1000 for a catback exhaust bang for your buck?
Because it won't negate any warrenty, and the exhaust is made of a very high quality stainless steel, which means it won't rust, it will last pretty much forever, it has GREAT resale value, oh and did I mention great power gains as well? (the dynograph on the comptech website speaks for itself.) Add to the fact that EVERYTHING comptech sells in C.A.R.B. Approved, including their superchargers!

Safe, reliable, and backed up by Comptech's quality, It simply cannot be beat. And your right, my car is TRULY is a magical perfection on wheels.

#16 · (Edited)
ComptechAccord4 said:
Because it won't negate any warrenty
not true. it'll negate a warranty the same as any other exhaust system.

ComptechAccord4 said:
and the exhaust is made of a very high quality stainless steel, which means it won't rust, it will last pretty much forever
so does borla, so does greddy....

ComptechAccord4 said:
it has GREAT resale value
... why, again? don't say because of the name, cuz that's just plain not true, or because of the quality, because comptech's quality isn't that much better than borla, who SPECIALIZES in exhaust and costs 400 dollars less

ComptechAccord4 said:
oh and did I mention great power gains as well? (the dynograph on the comptech website speaks for itself.) Add to the fact that EVERYTHING comptech sells in C.A.R.B. Approved, including their superchargers!
a comptech exhaust system is just steel piping, mufflers, and resonators just like every other exhaust. the power gains it makes are not gonna be worth the extra price. there are PLENTY of other companies that are completely CARB approved.
you still haven't explained why you're such a fanboy.

ComptechAccord4 said:
Safe, reliable, and backed up by Comptech's quality, It simply cannot be beat. And your right, my car is TRULY is a magical perfection on wheels.
what the hell. if you think your car is "magical perfection"....

#17 ·
05AI4Coupe said:
Do they make a unichip for the 4bangers, i dont have any mods either, its just stock (except for TL sway). Anyways, i went to teh v6performance shop and they didnt have a unichip for the 4 bangers.
They cost a pretty penny as well, no doubt. I am pressed for money in that case.
Well i will definately consider it. I know stuff from V6p is not sh*t.
Sorry, UniChip does not make an I4 version :(

And yes I agree, stuff from V6P is da sh*t. Thanks :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.