New Turbo Solution!! STS Turbo System - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2004, 04:11 AM   #1
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
New Turbo Solution!! STS Turbo System

Guys..

Tired of waiting for Comptech to release the supercharger? Why go for supercharger when you can get turbo for same amount of price or even cheaper!!

Please check out this thread for more information, and cast your vote.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=44786

I want my turbo!! So please make 7gen the first group to be R&D.
brex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 6th, 2004, 09:15 AM   #2
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop

Guys, v6p is working hard to get this stuff going, support them and vote and read the product threads. Thats the only way we can get new parts to you guys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2004, 06:49 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to JDMITR22
how much hp are we talking about?
JDMITR22 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old December 8th, 2004, 07:57 PM   #4
fonda my honda

Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
brex, are you a 6 speed?
tx03coupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:42 PM   #5
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
nop.. but soon will be..
brex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #6
_

Is there any info on this turbo? Is it just an idea, or are they developing it already? Has anyone heard of this company or seen their work?
0430Steve is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2004, 01:35 PM   #7

They've already developed a system for LS1 Firebirds and Camaros. It seems to be a pretty decent system, for the ease of install. The lag is worse than a traditional front mount turbo, but not horrible. From 3rd party results, it seems to be more effective on automatic cars.

The only beef I have with them though, is that their employees have a tendency to pose as customers on message boards, saying how great it is. I don't really understand why they do (or did) that, because the system seems to work! I know they did that on my car club's message board, and they were banned for it. If I remember right, they did it on LS1Tech as well.
MikeM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old December 12th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #8
Young Member

Send a message via AIM to jcricket Send a message via MSN to jcricket
4-banger compatible?
jcricket is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM   #9

how much harder is the install then a supercharger
ifester is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #10
clear the way!!!

Send a message via AIM to adamkim83
=( no turbos for the I4's?? were the ones that need the boost!
adamkim83 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 23rd, 2005, 10:14 PM   #11
^ lives for this stuff

Send a message via AIM to NDeedOne
Turbo would be GREAT, but don't have the $$$$, and it's my wifes car... it's the "Family Sedan", haha -

Oh how awesome it would be!!!
NDeedOne is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:21 PM   #12
OJ Orignal Jew

Send a message via AIM to jiggerman78
I jus saw a trans-am with the sts turbo kit and a T-78 wasnt as fast as i expected 1/8mile=7.0 seconds

Last edited by jiggerman78; February 11th, 2005 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: misspelled a word
jiggerman78 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:38 PM   #13
JD

Send a message via AIM to rare_jd Send a message via MSN to rare_jd Send a message via Yahoo to rare_jd
I'm in for it too, do we have a specific date?
rare_jd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:57 PM   #14
fonda my honda

Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
brex what's going on with sts? it's april now and i'm getting antsy for a turbo!!!
tx03coupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:38 AM   #15

wouldnt the turbo lag get worse on cars with less displacement and cylinders? i mean a trans-am is moving more air faster than an accord right?
streetxdreamer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #16
JD

Send a message via AIM to rare_jd Send a message via MSN to rare_jd Send a message via Yahoo to rare_jd
I know for reals. I think we all have hope for a turbo kit, and yet there's been not much on it. I've emailed them a couple of times, but they sent one almost as if it were an excuse. It said that they literally got hundreds of emails a day asking for a turbo for their car. They kind of avoided my question, which was, is it under development.
Comptech has the same reply everytime. I think they just cut and paste. And seeing their work on other accords, i'm not very impressed. Average of 46 hp to the wheels for the same price as that STS turbo. Now on the rsx or the integra, and even the s2000 they have some significant power gains. But i've read the timeslips for a supercharged s2000, and it was only 13.9.
rare_jd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2005, 06:26 PM   #17
import tuner and rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_jd
\. But i've read the timeslips for a supercharged s2000, and it was only 13.9.

thats almost wat a stock s2000 can do
eolife22 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #18
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
anyone heard anything lately.......need more powwweerrr!!!

Last edited by smokin6speed; May 15th, 2005 at 11:04 PM..
smokin6speed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old July 12th, 2005, 10:58 AM   #19

Lets Get Some More Info On This!!!!! Im Really Interested
john32 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2005, 04:56 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to 5150crx
if they make this kit....it's better than nothing....fud it's prolly better than a supercharger...there's an old article in fast fords/muscle mustangs that might even agree with that.....I'll get the info and repost....my only beef with the sts product....and I'm not talking sh!t...I'm not familiar enough with there product...and I'm 100% that it works....but turbos are better than super chargers beacuse they use energy that is wasted by the engien to compress air into the intake...and thus require the injection of more fuel....some for air...more fuel....greater cylinder pressures...more friggin power....the energy used by there turbo comes in two forms we'll say kinetic and potnetial....sound familar...the kinetic energy is the velocity of the ext gasses moving throught the tubro...basically..the exhaust spinns a fan....but more importantly....there's a lot of heat that comes from the head.......heat is energy....if it wasn't...it prolly would hurt when you touched that electric stove... ....this heat energy is also used in the turbo...the turbo basically turns that heat energy into mechanical energy...which becomes the "power supply" that turns teh compressor wheel...

neat......huh?

now....lets say you have a s/c(supercharged) that's running 8 psi, and you have the same car turbo charged running 8 psi....which will make more power...logically the turbo set up will...why.....because it is not consuming power from the engine to produce power...the turbo is using energy already waste by the engine to produce power.....but...if the s/c isn't making as much power...it's not producing as much wear an tear on the motor.....wrong...probably creataing asmuch wera and tear on the motor....but since power is measured at the crank or the wheels.....no way of know exactly how much is comsummed by the s/c....granted in day they figured s/c's could consume as much as 70% they generated at the crank.....but even b4 that the auto industy thought turbo's were a waste of time(circa 1930).....until they were used on "high altitude" airplanes(planes that flew over like 30k feet, air thin up there...became a problem)but even still the s/c was alwasy much more kewler...and you could buy meth over the counter as pep pills...

no... I'm not.....man why does everyone think I'm mad at the world?!??!?!

anywho my point to this was...the sts product will work....and it should work well...but since turbo's run off of heat enrgy...the closer to the heat source the better...well the more effcient anyways.....but if you're in socal...and driving distance to LA... I will take care of any fee's required to test this system on a 7g accord 6 spd....well for the first person to approach and follow through anyways
5150crx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:31 AM   #21
Formerly VTEC-v6!

ADD?
N54TT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:33 AM   #22

^ I was thinking the same thing
Spektor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:40 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to 5150crx
damn you all.........is it that obvious
5150crx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM   #24

Comptech SC kit for AV7...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
Guys..

Tired of waiting for Comptech to release the supercharger? Why go for supercharger when you can get turbo for same amount of price or even cheaper!!

Please check out this thread for more information, and cast your vote.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=44786

I want my turbo!! So please make 7gen the first group to be R&D.

I spoke to the owner of Comptech at the SEMA show and he said they have stopped all development on the kit. Turns out there are some packaging issues that make the kit too costly to make. The major obstacle is the fact the radiator outlet is in the way of the SC body. The 6G Accord radiator outlet is where the 7G radiator cap is now. This can't be overcome with less than a swapping of the radiator. If you can figure out if the 6G V6 radiator will fit the 7G, then the kit will probably work...
BWH13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #25
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
no maybe i'm losing it and just tired...but what does that have anything to do about the STS turbo....there is a whole other thread about the comptech one this is something totally different..
smokin6speed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2005, 09:51 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150crx
if they make this kit....it's better than nothing....fud it's prolly better than a supercharger...there's an old article in fast fords/muscle mustangs that might even agree with that.....I'll get the info and repost....my only beef with the sts product....and I'm not talking sh!t...I'm not familiar enough with there product...and I'm 100% that it works....but turbos are better than super chargers beacuse they use energy that is wasted by the engien to compress air into the intake...and thus require the injection of more fuel....some for air...more fuel....greater cylinder pressures...more friggin power....the energy used by there turbo comes in two forms we'll say kinetic and potnetial....sound familar...the kinetic energy is the velocity of the ext gasses moving throught the tubro...basically..the exhaust spinns a fan....but more importantly....there's a lot of heat that comes from the head.......heat is energy....if it wasn't...it prolly would hurt when you touched that electric stove... ....this heat energy is also used in the turbo...the turbo basically turns that heat energy into mechanical energy...which becomes the "power supply" that turns teh compressor wheel...

neat......huh?

now....lets say you have a s/c(supercharged) that's running 8 psi, and you have the same car turbo charged running 8 psi....which will make more power...logically the turbo set up will...why.....because it is not consuming power from the engine to produce power...the turbo is using energy already waste by the engine to produce power.....but...if the s/c isn't making as much power...it's not producing as much wear an tear on the motor.....wrong...probably creataing asmuch wera and tear on the motor....but since power is measured at the crank or the wheels.....no way of know exactly how much is comsummed by the s/c....granted in day they figured s/c's could consume as much as 70% they generated at the crank.....but even b4 that the auto industy thought turbo's were a waste of time(circa 1930).....until they were used on "high altitude" airplanes(planes that flew over like 30k feet, air thin up there...became a problem)but even still the s/c was alwasy much more kewler...and you could buy meth over the counter as pep pills...

no... I'm not.....man why does everyone think I'm mad at the world?!??!?!

anywho my point to this was...the sts product will work....and it should work well...but since turbo's run off of heat enrgy...the closer to the heat source the better...well the more effcient anyways.....but if you're in socal...and driving distance to LA... I will take care of any fee's required to test this system on a 7g accord 6 spd....well for the first person to approach and follow through anyways

Interesting, yeah superchargers take a lot of power to run. An example of that would be the Ford GT its supercharger takes 100hp at full power. However I would think since the turbo runs off the exhaust gases the more you have the quicker you can spin the exhaust turnine and in turn compress the air quicker. But wouldn't colder air that is more dense do a better job of pushing the exhaust turbine blades, I nmean that heat is just wastes unless it can affect the air in a positive way. I think that the same would apply to the remote turbo systems that relocate the turbo where the muffler used to be or usually goes.

As for the superchargers not giving enough power on the Accords or the S2000 you can always get pulley upgrades which are, when compared to the cost of the supercharger an inexpensive upgrade that would "unleash" the full potential. In other words your making almost twice as much boost from an upgrade that cost less than $100.

Thats why we're all loooking foward to the twin turbo kit that Aiden is working on.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old March 12th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #27

so anything about this sts kit yet????
o0amazinazn0o is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #28
TRUST-power

Send a message via Yahoo to jtpark
Are our Accord's engine block strong enough to handle Forced Induction?
jtpark is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpark
Are our Accord's engine block strong enough to handle Forced Induction?
Yes, they are. I would be more concerned with the pistons, rods and rings.
We already have Comptech supercharger kits available for the 6th gen and a twin turbo kit coming out for the 7th gen and eventually the 6th gen as well.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #30
TRUST-power

Send a message via Yahoo to jtpark
so more worry for the components than the structure of the wall of the blocks?
jtpark is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in