Thinkin about turbo..... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #1

Thinkin about turbo.....

Hey did anyone ever think about throwing in a turbo kit....i been doing a lot of research and with some advice from my mechanic.....

i can buy a short block cl-s, 3.2L build that up, pistons, rods, etc. then when i'm ready take my stock head ( because if you guys didn't know, the heads are interchangeable) and throw that onto that short block i was building up, but of course doing a little more research, maybe an angle valve job, etc. see if there are more cl-s internal parts that i can use (aftermarket wise, i.e. better cams, valves, valve springs, etc.) for the head. then a custom kit like this person did with his cl-s, but i believe if i read correctly garret was helping him with the kit and that they may come out mass produced, one day....if not, i can live with a nicely built 3.2L

http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146652

anyways just wondering what your guys' input would be...
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2004, 07:19 PM   #2

hmm. is it smaller than the accord's engine? if not, you're gonna have a hard time fitting it in. but more power to you. don't think it can be done on our j30a4's?
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:52 PM   #3

it's not smaller, the cl-s short block is bored out to 3.2 liters the accord's engine is a 3.0 liters it's an easy in and out, i guess what i have to take into consideration is the engine bay size.....but they look very similar and that the battery was relocated....
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 7th, 2004, 08:53 PM   #4
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
have you taken a look at our new R&D project - STS Remote Mounted Turbo System?
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:05 PM   #5
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

why not just turbo the stock J30A4? the more complex you make a project, the less likely you'll actually finish it. I see posts every week about people talking about a turbo, but nobody actually completing one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2004, 02:29 AM   #6
cunning linguist

Hahaha.

Well I commend your ingenuity, I feel it only necessary to inflict a pinch of common sense.

Trade your car in, take the roughly 8-9k you were going to spend on your turbo, and buy a sports car. You purchased a luxury sports coupe. If you are just hearing of this now, my apologies. An Accord is too heavy, to torqueless, and way to FWD to compete with the big boys. If that is your goal...cut your losses and buy something else.

Case in point...My ZO6: 0-60 in 4.0 sec, 12.3 1/4 mile (at 112-114), 1.0 lateral G, 60-0 in 113ft, 2950lb wet weight, 295/18 rear tires/

These can be had for around 28-30k.

I love my Accord, and it serves it's purpose flawlessly. A comfortable cruiser, with a sporty feel and look.

my .02

-Brian-
04 6spd Coupe-> 10 4cyl Coupe-> 11 V6 Coupe
07 V6 Auto Sedan-> 10 CR-V
Mod'd Z06 - Sold for move
MorePower4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2004, 07:11 AM   #7
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

a lot of these folks would NEVER turn to the dark side, although if I really wanted to go fast that's what I'd do too. I love American muscle.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:21 AM   #8
Certified A-Hole!

Send a message via AIM to SS_Spheno Send a message via MSN to SS_Spheno
Nothing wrong though with having a slightly faster "cruiser" with BOV though either
SS_Spheno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:26 AM   #9
I <3 my tranny

Send a message via AIM to BigdawgsV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Spheno
Nothing wrong though with having a slightly faster "cruiser" with BOV though either
pssssssssss
BigdawgsV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in