waiting for the performance... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2004, 12:29 PM   #1
LiL D33z33

waiting for the performance...

Sup guyz
in the last week i've ordered 2 parts.
1. the injen rd cai $215
2. tanabe hyper exhaust $700
total including shipping for the items is 915.00
no cost for install, i got connects(lol)

Neither one has come in yet, wich is making me crazy- cuz when i buy something. i want it then and right then. not a week to 2 weeks later.(but thats awhole nother story)
I was just wondering what i should get next for performance (to add +torque and HP)?
And if anyone else on here has the same mods and has gotten a dyno..
i always run 93 octane so that should get me around 250 horses give or take.
im wondering with the above 2 mods if ill be breaking into the 270'ish horse range? Thats my current goal is to be at or above 270 Horse...
DeezV604 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM   #2
v6p gangster

you cant just add horses with mods you throw on there you are prolly going to be seeing 200-210whp ...the only way to really find out your true horse power is to go to a dyno... each car runs differently and each car's motor is different in your case the 7thgen V6 accord, good luck and get to that dyno, you will be surprised that some mods hurt your low end but help your high end....or visversus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SHIFT_future
FEEL THE SKYLINE | DRIVE JAPAN 日本
PFizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2004, 12:38 PM   #3
JB4 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezV604
Neither one has come in yet, wich is making me crazy- cuz when i buy something. i want it then and right then. not a week to 2 weeks later.(but thats awhole nother story)
I'm the same way. I just ordered a turbo and turbo timer and I've been tracking it via UPS everyday.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 9th, 2004, 12:38 PM   #4
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
i honestly dont think youre gonna get 20 hp from those two parts. is the exhaust cat back? that makes it a bit more possible....i ono though, its definetly possible. one or two more mods and youll be there probably though....im assuming you mean flywheel, and not whp?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tofu_Shop
i honestly dont think youre gonna get 20 hp from those two parts. is the exhaust cat back? that makes it a bit more possible....i ono though, its definetly possible. one or two more mods and youll be there probably though....im assuming you mean flywheel, and not whp?
yea definitely flywheel but you can't measure how much your engine is making at the flywheel. The CAI's for the 7th gen v6 seem to give more gains than a CAI for other cars. So even 20 hp to the wheels is possible with just the intake and catback.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #6
"Always A Sleeper"

Send a message via AIM to Forrealjohnson
Quote:
Sup guyz
1. the injen rd cai $215

I was just wondering what i should get next for performance (to add +torque and HP)?
im wondering with the above 2 mods if ill be breaking into the 270'ish horse range? Thats my current goal is to be at or above 270 Horse...
Is your car a 6 speed? Check my recent dyno. 223.7 whp with Greddy Evo Exhaust and AEM V1 CAI. You should get some gain. I think my car makes 260 to 265 at the Crank. Depending on Drivetrain loss percentage. Also, I feel you on wanting it right when you pay for it. I am VERY bad about that. I got a V2 on the way and cant wait for it. lol
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Forrealjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:29 PM   #7
LiL D33z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybum
yea definitely flywheel but you can't measure how much your engine is making at the flywheel. The CAI's for the 7th gen v6 seem to give more gains than a CAI for other cars. So even 20 hp to the wheels is possible with just the intake and catback.
Yea i do mean flywheel, see my boy got a TL. and hes like yo my car is faster i got more flywheel horse yada yada.. We both got autos.
Now his car is heavier so im hoping if i can get 270 flywheel with my mods vs his non modded 04 tl... see where im going...
Not that im trying to solely compare to his car, but i sorta jus set the number of 270 flywheel horse right now.

Last edited by DeezV604; December 9th, 2004 at 01:31 PM..
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:31 PM   #8
"Always A Sleeper"

Send a message via AIM to Forrealjohnson
Quote:
Yea i do mean flywheel, see my boy got a TL. and hes like yo my car is faster i got more flywheel horse yada yada.. We both got autos.
Auto, okay. Your going to have more drivetrain loss, so I figure 200 to 210 whp. Like the poster above me said. If it was a manual, anywhere from 222 to 228whp.
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Forrealjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:34 PM   #9
LiL D33z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tofu_Shop
yea full cat back with the exhaust...
yes to the flywheel
Old December 11th, 2004, 03:23 PM   #10
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
you'll be sitting pretty good when they come in. it'll probably give you about 15hp total, and believe it or not the 93 octane makes a huge difference in performance. when i picked up my car my dealer (also a very good family friend) said it stock 240hp with regular 87, but bumps to 253hp with 93 octane. i rotate half tanks with 87 and 93 when i fill up cuz 93 really breaks the bank

v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #11
get'cha roll on...

Quote:

by the way, IMO i would go for some style for the next mod. maybe its just me but i f'n love the OEM aero kit. whenever i see a 7gen w/o one, it makes me so glad that i have it. either that or look to upgrade your suspension. i think my next move is going to be the HFP suspension, very badass...but again thats just my $0.02

Old December 11th, 2004, 04:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Sup guyz
1. the injen rd cai $215

where did you get that good of a price on the exhaust? please pm me the site
shredsb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #13
LiL D33z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
by the way, IMO i would go for some style for the next mod. maybe its just me but i f'n love the OEM aero kit. whenever i see a 7gen w/o one, it makes me so glad that i have it. either that or look to upgrade your suspension. i think my next move is going to be the HFP suspension, very badass...but again thats just my $0.02
revhighonline.com
has that tanabe
chea chea!!
im still waiting though..
v6sick- i got that suspension,had it for awhile.
its good. i got camber tho. i think its the rims im ridin on, who knows..
Old December 12th, 2004, 05:06 PM   #14
get'cha roll on...

Quote:
v6sick- i got that suspension,had it for awhile.
its good. i got camber tho. i think its the rims im ridin on, who knows..
very nice, i wanna take a look at it. ive been thinking a while about what to do next and i think its time to bring it down a bit and adding the TL rear sway bar. i was looking at the tein and neuspeed spring, but ive heard good things about HFP, but also, i want to drop more than 1''.. i was thinking more like 2''

Old December 13th, 2004, 11:58 AM   #15
LiL D33z33

Quote:
very nice, i wanna take a look at it. ive been thinking a while about what to do next and i think its time to bring it down a bit and adding the TL rear sway bar. i was looking at the tein and neuspeed spring, but ive heard good things about HFP, but also, i want to drop more than 1''.. i was thinking more like 2''
hey i want the tl sway too. if we can find somewhere to get them, we should meet up and install it together...
Your car isnt dropped already?
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #16
get'cha roll on...

not yet... unless it was done up factory with the HFP kit, which i kind of doubt. it may though b/c it was a bit of a honda "special addition" if you will when i bought it. its pinstriped with 2 thin subtle red/grey pinstripes around the body and over the spoiler, had the aero kit since day 1, and it may have the upgraded suspension... its one of those things i should probably find out. like i said before, im very good friends with the GM of the honda dealership i bought it from, and when i picked it up used with 8k miles, he was the one that owned it/used it before i picked it up. he's real into cars and drove it like it should be driven, so i would be overly suprised if he threw on the HFP kit

Old December 14th, 2004, 09:31 PM   #17
LiL D33z33

Quote:
not yet... unless it was done up factory with the HFP kit, which i kind of doubt. it may though b/c it was a bit of a honda "special addition" if you will when i bought it. its pinstriped with 2 thin subtle red/grey pinstripes around the body and over the spoiler, had the aero kit since day 1, and it may have the upgraded suspension... its one of those things i should probably find out. like i said before, im very good friends with the GM of the honda dealership i bought it from, and when i picked it up used with 8k miles, he was the one that owned it/used it before i picked it up. he's real into cars and drove it like it should be driven, so i would be overly suprised if he threw on the HFP kit
Jus took a look at your pics and it doesnt have the drop.
Nice ride btw.
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:34 PM   #18
LiL D33z33

Got the Tanabe's today.
God damn what a beautiful thing.
cant wait to install them
Old December 15th, 2004, 09:04 AM   #19
get'cha roll on...

thanks man, i cant wait till i bounce home this weekend so i can tool around. hopefully this weekend ill finally have the tints put on. i want to do 20% all the way around. if it doesnt have the drop then im very interested in that being the next mod (well that and the TL sway bar). then im def going to hang for a bit and save up some cash before setting up with some better beats.

f'n finally got the tanabe's, did the injen cai come with it too? ill be away for the next couple of weekend cuz of the holidays but let me know when you want to do this

Old December 15th, 2004, 11:46 AM   #20
LiL D33z33

Quote:
thanks man, i cant wait till i bounce home this weekend so i can tool around. hopefully this weekend ill finally have the tints put on. i want to do 20% all the way around. if it doesnt have the drop then im very interested in that being the next mod (well that and the TL sway bar). then im def going to hang for a bit and save up some cash before setting up with some better beats.

f'n finally got the tanabe's, did the injen cai come with it too? ill be away for the next couple of weekend cuz of the holidays but let me know when you want to do this
got the cai today...
we can do it during the week if thats cool wit u, like after u get out of work?!
as far as tint goes, make sure they seal the inside of window with felt, cuz if they dont the inside is metal and it will scratch the sh#t out of your tint..
happened to me, ive yet to fix the problem so my tint on passenger side has a million scratches(looks horrible)

ima try to get tanabes on today..
they look so nice
Old December 16th, 2004, 11:33 AM   #21
get'cha roll on...

Quote:
happened to me, ive yet to fix the problem so my tint on passenger side has a million scratches(looks horrible)
that sucks ass man... thanks for the tip, ill let them know

im down for whenever to do the cai, ill work a 530 shift next week some time. lets check out what the weather is going to be, and let me know when is good for you. i can be there probably by 6

Old December 16th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #22
LiL D33z33

Quote:
that sucks ass man... thanks for the tip, ill let them know

im down for whenever to do the cai, ill work a 530 shift next week some time. lets check out what the weather is going to be, and let me know when is good for you. i can be there probably by 6
hey i installed it last night in the freezing weather....
took bout 2 hours, we ended up taking the whole bumper off and battery and everything like instrutions said..
It sounds f#cking sweet.
I got the tanabes in 2 so my car is sounding real nice now..
I think i want to block off the vent that the intake sits behind, so that will be another project
Hey we should still meet up though, 420
chill...
Old December 16th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #23
get'cha roll on...

hellyea man, im def down. i wanna check it out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in