Any Unichip updates??? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #1

Any Unichip updates???

Just curious...... is there any new news from Unichip H.Q. Release dates? Tech details for our cars specifically? Dyno charts? Problems/quirks they have run into?

October 2004 - June 2005
cammyfive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #2
"Always A Sleeper"

Send a message via AIM to Forrealjohnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammyfive
Just curious...... is there any new news from Unichip H.Q. Release dates? Tech details for our cars specifically? Dyno charts? Problems/quirks they have run into?
I second that Motion!
HFP Suspension
04 TL Rear Sway Bar
OEM Body Kit
35% Tint
Forrealjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #3
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!

Send a message via AIM to Sick6speed Send a message via Yahoo to Sick6speed
I third the motion!!!! Where's Jack?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
818 Weekly Meet&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Sick6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 20th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #4
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
guys.. perhaps you did not read the other thread.

Basically, there won't be a 7gen Unichip; until V6P can put down an PO for 25 units. They're holding out the R&D spot for us until end of December. If we can come up with 25 buyers, then they will. Otherwise, we will lose that spot.

Another alternative is for other distributors of their product to requests (and therefore put down deposit) for 7gen accord; but that seems unlikely as they had not receive any such requests even after sending out specific inquiry.

Yes, eventually after they completed all their current orders, they will get around to do 7gen again. But there is no gaurantee on the timeline.

Can we get 25 orders? or even half? committed and paid deposit?

Last edited by brex; December 20th, 2004 at 04:24 PM..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #5
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u99
Dude i called UNICHIP and they havent even bought the 6speed Honda yet to test it. I guess they are going off of knock sensors and the ecu. This is really dissapointing.
I give them until late febuary , march.
I am sure our car will be next though if the 350z is done now im sure it will be sometime in january we will here something new. What other cars are out there to get done. LOL they got the Mazda 6 done first which is really weird considering our car is alot better.
I guess they need time to crack the iginition timming codes in the ECU.
Who knows
as far as i know, the problem they had with my car (new camshaft sensor pattern) was fixed with the new Unichip code. they don't believe there will be any more problems, but don't know until they actually bought the car and try.

as for mazda6, its simple why they make it first - a distributor paid them already for the minimum order. Of course it will go on the priority...
Old December 20th, 2004, 08:07 PM   #6
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
Its blows my mind that a company requires us to prepay for a piece they cannot predict improvements, gains dangers etc. It would be one thing if other similar cars demonstrated great gains, but so far the results have been mediocre at best. And its not as though they are asking for a $25 or $50 deposit, they want it all upfront- thats hundreds of dollars.

Hey I can have the answer to your prayers to loose all your fat in just weeks. Just Send me $500 in advance and Ill be glad to develop this drug. I cant tell you when it will be ready, or how it will work, and yeah we have other drugs that kinda work but I promise this one will be great. Oh btw, if the drug does not work well, your screwed cause you already paid upfront. All I need is 20 orders and I will start to work on it!

DO YOU SEE HOW REDICULOUS THAT IS?? Thats how I feel everytime I read about this unichip. I challange unichip to make me eat my words. If you guys come out with a kick ass product, Ill order it and push it to everyone I know. I will even issue a written appology! I am not afraid to spend money for my cars, but I just want to see a product and see the results period.

Sorry to vent, and please dont let me discourage those of you that are willing to put up the money.
blu6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2004, 08:14 PM   #7
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
25 orders will be a lot to get..

a company is a company though in a way.. they run it their own way...
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2004, 08:20 PM   #8
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu6speed
Its blows my mind that a company requires us to prepay for a piece they cannot predict improvements, gains dangers etc. It would be one thing if other similar cars demonstrated great gains, but so far the results have been mediocre at best. And its not as though they are asking for a $25 or $50 deposit, they want it all upfront- thats hundreds of dollars.

Hey I can have the answer to your prayers to loose all your fat in just weeks. Just Send me $500 in advance and Ill be glad to develop this drug. I cant tell you when it will be ready, or how it will work, and yeah we have other drugs that kinda work but I promise this one will be great. Oh btw, if the drug does not work well, your screwed cause you already paid upfront. All I need is 20 orders and I will start to work on it!

DO YOU SEE HOW REDICULOUS THAT IS?? Thats how I feel everytime I read about this unichip. I challange unichip to make me eat my words. If you guys come out with a kick ass product, Ill order it and push it to everyone I know. I will even issue a written appology! I am not afraid to spend money for my cars, but I just want to see a product and see the results period.

Sorry to vent, and please dont let me discourage those of you that are willing to put up the money.

Well.. how have Unichp not proven itself?? What more data do you need?? Do you think all those other distributors are crazy in paying upfront for 25 units for Mazda6!!?

Unfortunately you're in the wrong car if you want to see a solid market for performance parts. NO ONE will make true performance products for us unless we push and push and push. Case in point - You thought Comptech wanted to make anything for 6gen Accord? You're wrong - V6P and its core team members pushed and pushed, and even initiated a mass compaign with its members to petition Comptech to even consider making regular performance parts - struct bar, exhaust, header, etc.

So the bottom line is - YOU WILL NOT SEE A UNICHIP FOR 7GEN UNLESS WE CAN SHOW THEM THERE ARE CONFIRMED BUYERS WAITING. THE SAME GOES FOR EVERY OTHER HIGH-END PERFORMANCE PARTS.

Why do you think we waited so long for a stupid pulley from UR? THE EXACT SAME REASON! We're not the WANTED in performance parts market, we're UN-WANTED. Reconize that first before shouting out how unfair the whole situation is.

Besides, who said V6P needs 100% down? We only need deposit.
Old December 20th, 2004, 09:11 PM   #9
Nothing special

my mistake. I was under the impression that a full payment was being called for. How much of a deposit do you need?
Old December 20th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #10
Nothing special

Please do not think for one moment that I do not appreciate all the hard work v6p does for us. I have personally donated over one thousand dollars of my own money to help purchase signage for advertising at one of the last events. I am a loyal v6p supporter all the way.
Old December 20th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #11
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu6speed
Please do not think for one moment that I do not appreciate all the hard work v6p does for us. I have personally donated over one thousand dollars of my own money to help purchase signage for advertising at one of the last events. I am a loyal v6p supporter all the way.
sorry if I sound harsh, I didn't really meant to. I know you had contributed a lot in J-Town event for signage big and small, etc; and I really appreciate that. i only meant to spell out the reality of our situation to everyone, not particularly at you.

again, I apologized.
Old December 20th, 2004, 11:25 PM   #12

Heres the issue I have..................

In theory, the Unichip sounds like the ideal mod for me. I actually really like the sound/feel of my car stock. I'm very wary of an intake/exhaust for personal reasons but am all in if I can get intake/exhaust like gains with a simple Unichip to an otherwise stock car...therefore my car looks/sounds 100% stock but is fully optimized where the factory hesitated. I even think the price is totally fair if we see an honest gain of 10-15whp on a 100% stock car. But...............my fear is that without dyno gains before I drop that cash I'll be in for a disappointment. Kinda like the chicken and the egg thing, ya know? Sure the 6th gen AV6 saw 10-12whp and comparable torque gains on a stock 6th gen...thats GREAT. If they can give me that level of the performance I'll be on the phone with my credit card in a second.

After watching the Unichip videos in the FAQ, I have complete confidence in the company. The guy that was speaking seems to understand how many of us think......optimize whats already there rather than adding a bunch of mismatched noisemakers. I do recall reading a thread on the CL board that they were disappointed with what the Unichip did for them...I dunno.

October 2004 - June 2005
Old December 20th, 2004, 11:33 PM   #13

how much is the deposit?
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 20th, 2004, 11:50 PM   #14
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammyfive
Heres the issue I have..................

In theory, the Unichip sounds like the ideal mod for me. I actually really like the sound/feel of my car stock. I'm very wary of an intake/exhaust for personal reasons but am all in if I can get intake/exhaust like gains with a simple Unichip to an otherwise stock car...therefore my car looks/sounds 100% stock but is fully optimized where the factory hesitated. I even think the price is totally fair if we see an honest gain of 10-15whp on a 100% stock car. But...............my fear is that without dyno gains before I drop that cash I'll be in for a disappointment. Kinda like the chicken and the egg thing, ya know? Sure the 6th gen AV6 saw 10-12whp and comparable torque gains on a stock 6th gen...thats GREAT. If they can give me that level of the performance I'll be on the phone with my credit card in a second.

After watching the Unichip videos in the FAQ, I have complete confidence in the company. The guy that was speaking seems to understand how many of us think......optimize whats already there rather than adding a bunch of mismatched noisemakers. I do recall reading a thread on the CL board that they were disappointed with what the Unichip did for them...I dunno.
its chicken and egg exactly. so which side wanna give in first? definitely not Unichip cuz they have no need to; no matter how unfair you think the whole situation stinks, it is still the ugly truth that we must face.

Besides, to me, it is not like there is NOTHING being shown to us. They got great results for 6gen accord, 350z, g35, and even mazda6. Not to mention they're a very proven product for porsche, and alikes. People will be so willingly putting down deposit or full payment for comptech supercharger only based on the what they had done for 6gen and cl-s, so why not Unichip?

As for the CL, yes I had heard the story, but do not know full details of it. From what I gathered, they had a lot of mis communication and causes many r&d mistakes, resulting in not tuning the product to its best for all considered environment and mods. This is why Unichip decided never to r&d on user's car again, they will buy the car and r&d in length themselves - so a typical r&d period of 1 week become 4 to 6 weeks.
Old December 20th, 2004, 11:52 PM   #15
I AM LOST....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzezwild
how much is the deposit?
i think only Maurice or Dizzy can answer this question. I would guess as much as half (about or less than $350), or as little as couple hundreds.
Old December 21st, 2004, 12:59 PM   #16
V6P Negotiator & Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
i think only Maurice or Dizzy can answer this question. I would guess as much as half (about or less than $350), or as little as couple hundreds.

No Deposits, only full payments. We are not going to sit on false promises anymore, with people bailing and flaking out at the end when the final payment is due. Either a lot more v6 owners start stepping up and supporting the special aft-mkt products they want or they will not get them period. It's going to take a lot more than just a hand full of die-hards to get these types of high performance products made. Plenty of aft-mkt businesses have taken the word of plenty of whiners who wanted their aft-products right now, only to be burned when they were made these products and no one purchased them. Nothing personal its just the way the business is. . .

MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 21st, 2004, 11:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MoMoney
No Deposits, only full payments. We are not going to sit on false promises anymore, with people bailing and flaking out at the end when the final payment is due. Either a lot more v6 owners start stepping up and supporting the special aft-mkt products they want or they will not get them period. It's going to take a lot more than just a hand full of die-hards to get these types of high performance products made. Plenty of aft-mkt businesses have taken the word of plenty of whiners who wanted their aft-products right now, only to be burned when they were made these products and no one purchased them. Nothing personal its just the way the business is. . .

Honestly, I think it's asking too much to expect people to put out $700 and hope it comes out in March (if were lucky) AND hope that it gives the performance that is expected. Just think of who is the typical 7th gen. owners who is willing to buy the chip. I think it's safe to assume that it's young (20-30 yrs) males. Of course there are many older 7th gen owners, but they are not likely in the market for the Unichip. So, how many college age males do you know who has $700 to pre-order something that doesn't have any guarantees? Yeah, I know about the gains Unichip had on the 6th gen but as they say in the stock market, "past performance does not guarantee future gains". I think I speak for a lot of 7th gen owners when I say I like to see some proven gains before I pay $700 upfront.
Here's a potential solution: How about a NON-Refundable deposit of say $100 or whatever amount? I think most people are willing to risk $100 and you would get a lot more than 25 people to pre-order that way. If V6P had done that with the 6th gen, then I would haphazard to guess that most of the 70-80 people who flaked out would not have flaked out if they were going to lose $100. But then again, who knows, maybe they still would have flaked out, but at least you would be up $7000 - $8000.
callawayc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2004, 07:54 AM   #18
V6P Negotiator & Promoter

You people crack me up. It took us 3 1/2 years of negotiating and persistence before Comptech made a Supercharger for the AV6. Now some of you are disappointed because the Unichip is not going to be immediately made for the 7th Gen AV6. . . You people might as well be piss off at all the other aft-market companies that do not even want to waste they time on the AV6s period. . . Over the years V6P used its Product Polls to convince aft-mkt manufacturers that there was in deed a market for having new AV6 products that OUR V6P members would honestly purchase. Unfortunately, many who participated in the polls never followed through. . . It's going to take more than a handful of people wanting these products, and whinning about it is not going make them available any time soon. Unichip will eventually be making a Unichip for the 7th Gen AV6, however it will be on their time schedule and sometime in the next 18 months.

MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2004, 11:34 AM   #19

Send a message via AIM to mishima8
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MoMoney

A $100 non-refundable deposit (if it's made) should be enough. The money can be put into an escrow account or used to apply towards R&D. I am a bit uncomfortable laying out $700 for something that may not materialize. If the ground work is layed out as $100 down (non-refundable) and the remainder due upon release, people would be cool with that. It's a win-win situation. We customers get in line and make known our committment with the deposit. V6P gets more clought in pushing Unichip, and Unichip gets a certain number of guaranteed orders. Just my thoughts. I appreciate the way everyone has worked on this, but we all need to pull together to come up with the best solution for everyone involved.
mishima8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2004, 12:04 PM   #20

I like the non-refundable deposit idea, if it could be worked out. I can't afford to pop down $700 for the unichip right now (would if I could), but I would definitely put $100 down.

What do you think V6P masters, could a non-refundable deposit of some sort be worked out? I think it would be a good compromise between what people can afford, and what might be needed to move forward.

Edit: If you say yes I'll paypal you my hundred today. What do you say guys, anyone else willing to throw down a deposit?
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2004, 12:45 PM   #21

As I said before- for $700 I'm not impressed with the dynos I've seen. I guess I expect too much but +10whp is what people have dynoed with just their CAIs on the Accord. One reason I figured that Hondata is more impressive is that it is an ECU replacement, not a piggyback unit like this- I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

I think this mod will be a lot more impressive with an aftermarket turbo/supercharger, but for me and my CAI it just doesn't look like it's worth the $$$.

Now the STS turbo looks interesting and if a group buy got it down to $3500 or less that could be a possability. If they went from low 300s WHP to 460 whp on an LS1 I'm not sure what they could do on the Accord but if we saw low 300s- or about +100whp that would be a much better price/performance ratio that Unichip. Then add a Unichip to that! The problem with 300+ whp on a FWD car is sticking it to the ground...
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2004, 12:48 PM   #22
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!

Yo Maurice,

How are you doing buddy? You should come down to so cal!! I'll put you up for a couple of nights!! I would totally go for the Unichip if I was pressurized. It would be the only,safe,and best way to go. Thank's to Maurice again for all of his hard work to get these V6's running fast!

-Andrew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sick6speed; December 22nd, 2004 at 01:14 PM..
Old December 22nd, 2004, 01:12 PM   #23
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!

Why can I not see any posts!!! Hummmmmm....... Seems like admin power here!

Old December 22nd, 2004, 04:48 PM   #24
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
gosh. im so suprised at how many threads we have on unichip updates....

but anyways. I have to agree with maurice and brex. i see where you guys are coming from, 700 bucks is a lot of money, and it is not guaranteed a release date...but, i still fail to see it from you guys' perspective. i was the 2nd or 3rd buyer for the unichip when it was announced for the 6th gen, and i completley trusted the word of A3 and garrett and maurice. granted, A3 is my good buddy so i trust him massive and i trust garrett and maurice also, but i dont see how you guys are so worried about the unichip. The unichip is honestly, the best mod money can buy, because, unlike other mods, the unichip stacks. most mods the "claimed gains from stock" are truly from stock. where as an intake may give you 6 hp from stock, if you have exhaust it may only give you 2 hp. The unichip will give you good gains no matter what mods you have. from stock, it will gain hp, and, as you continue to mod your car, it will better those mods and increase performance once again. there is no other mod that will do that, besides another tuning mod like a VAFC or a AEM EMS. but a VAFC does not have all the capabilities of the Unichip, and the EMS is much more expensive. I put $883.92 of hard earned money i had been saving for a set of CT headers into v6p and trusted them to come through. they come thru, but only because v6p wanted to. and if we do not have enough people who are TRULY willing to get this product, it will never happen. simple economics. you need demand to create a supply. without demand, there is no need for supply.

Bottom line is, guys, if you dont make this happen, it never will. if you guys pay the money and it falls through, its not like v6p is gonna keep your money. if you lose faith in the process and want to spend it somewhere else, im sure that v6p will refund you your money. dont think of it as giving your money away, think of it as investing in a mod. i ono. im a bit biased in my position, but i support this site and i am happy with my purchases. good luck guys.

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2004, 06:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captal
As I said before- for $700 I'm not impressed with the dynos I've seen. I guess I expect too much but +10whp is what people have dynoed with just their CAIs on the Accord. One reason I figured that Hondata is more impressive is that it is an ECU replacement, not a piggyback unit like this- I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

I think this mod will be a lot more impressive with an aftermarket turbo/supercharger, but for me and my CAI it just doesn't look like it's worth the $$$.

Now the STS turbo looks interesting and if a group buy got it down to $3500 or less that could be a possability. If they went from low 300s WHP to 460 whp on an LS1 I'm not sure what they could do on the Accord but if we saw low 300s- or about +100whp that would be a much better price/performance ratio that Unichip. Then add a Unichip to that! The problem with 300+ whp on a FWD car is sticking it to the ground...

Well, a CAI or whatnot may give you 10whp....but only at 6200rpms-6700rpms all the while losing a ft-lb here and a ft-lb there. Those are peak gains...not really representative of what it does in the real world. From what I've ready/seen, the Unichip gives 10hp to so gains ACROSS THE BOARD. From around idle to redline. Now that is more than worth it for me.

October 2004 - June 2005
Old December 25th, 2004, 06:13 PM   #26
fonda my honda

Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
how close are the pre-orders to the magic number needed? just curious.
tx03coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 25th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #27
I AM LOST....

very far behind...
Old December 25th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to mishima8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse
I like the non-refundable deposit idea, if it could be worked out. I can't afford to pop down $700 for the unichip right now (would if I could), but I would definitely put $100 down.

What do you think V6P masters, could a non-refundable deposit of some sort be worked out? I think it would be a good compromise between what people can afford, and what might be needed to move forward.

Edit: If you say yes I'll paypal you my hundred today. What do you say guys, anyone else willing to throw down a deposit?
I would do it also. I am more than willing to throw down $100 (or even $200 if need be) to help out. It's a good faith downpayment and shows how serious some of us are about enhancing the performance of our cars.

J-
mishima8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 25th, 2004, 09:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima8
I would do it also. I am more than willing to throw down $100 (or even $200 if need be) to help out. It's a good faith downpayment and shows how serious some of us are about enhancing the performance of our cars.

J-

I would be willing to put a non-refundable $100 deposit down right now. Let us
know if this can be worked out moderators..
Old December 26th, 2004, 10:26 PM   #30
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx03coupe
how close are the pre-orders to the magic number needed? just curious.

So does the Unichip pre-order option end by Jan. 1st and if we don't have 25 orders by the closing date, does the 7th gen Unichip not get R&D?

And what is the exact count on the pre-orders as of this moment?
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in