Question about J-pipes... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2004, 06:09 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 85
Question about J-pipes...

Your gonna have to bear with me here because i dont know to much about this...
My understanding is that you cannot change the headers on the 7th gen Accord V6's but you can buy something called a J-pipe. I have no idea what a J-pipe is but I am guessing that it is less restrictive? Can someone please explain them to me and if they are verry helpfull as far as gains in torque go, are they available yet and how much do they run. Also one last thing is it a bolt on thing, is it a bolt on thing or does it weld on, does it replace any cats, and I am about to buy a Borla cat back exhaust it will fit on that right?

Sorry for all the newB questions but i have a thirst for knowledge...

Thank you
Alex
__________________
2004 Honda Accord Ex V6 6-spd with navigation

Engine Mods-
-AEM CAI w/Bypass Valve
-Comptech SS

Suspension Mods-
-Comptech 22mm rear Sway Bar
-Eibach Prokit springs (sitting in my closet waiting to find a good set of dampers to go with them)

Body Work-
-Full Razzi Body Kit (custom molded and fused to the bumper)
-hood scoop
-OEM Spoiler
-Custom Painted Projector Headlights w/angel eyes
-painted side mirrors

Radar System-
-K40 Laser Diffuser
-Hardwired Valentine 1 w/concealed display

Audio/Video-
-2 12" Quantom Audio Subwoofers
-JBL 820 watt 2channel amp
southordMPXE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 23rd, 2004, 08:08 PM   #2
fonda my honda
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: tx
Posts: 592
Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
you need to read the 7th gen J-pipe sticky thread on the top of the performance page. if you still have questions after 5 pages of posts, then that's when you make a thread like this.
tx03coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 23rd, 2004, 10:47 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 85
whoops sorry ill get to reading
southordMPXE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old December 23rd, 2004, 11:40 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 85
So i read the whole sticky and voted... but after reading the sticky i am verry dissapointed do no manufacturers want to make money? i mean it seems like their is a pretty great demand for it... I would sure as hell buy one. As for a custom J-Pipe wouldnt that be a very risky thing (no R&D)...

Oh well i just hope someone makes something soon i am about to put on a Borla Cat-Back and I would love to do them both at the same time...
__________________
2004 Honda Accord Ex V6 6-spd with navigation

Engine Mods-
-AEM CAI w/Bypass Valve
-Comptech SS

Suspension Mods-
-Comptech 22mm rear Sway Bar
-Eibach Prokit springs (sitting in my closet waiting to find a good set of dampers to go with them)

Body Work-
-Full Razzi Body Kit (custom molded and fused to the bumper)
-hood scoop
-OEM Spoiler
-Custom Painted Projector Headlights w/angel eyes
-painted side mirrors

Radar System-
-K40 Laser Diffuser
-Hardwired Valentine 1 w/concealed display

Audio/Video-
-2 12" Quantom Audio Subwoofers
-JBL 820 watt 2channel amp
southordMPXE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 24th, 2004, 03:35 AM   #5
Stoner Boner
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 830
It'll be a while before a J-Pipe is out, go ahead and install the cat-back exhaust.

I did mine about....3 weeks ago? I've lost track of time, check the screenname...it'll explain something probably.
__________________
2004 Honda Accord EX V6 6 Speed

Mods: My mods were taken away by the mods.

Best To Date: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.23 60'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.13 60'
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 25th, 2004, 09:59 AM   #6
Biohazard Level 4
 
Scubaman3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Butthole, NY
Posts: 127
I said this before and I'll say it again.

Comptech is developing a J-pipe for the TL and it should be out soon. The J-pipe for the TL should fit our Accords.

Last time I posted this I got zilch, zero, nada replies about it.

If comptech does develope a J-pipe for the TL, I think its worth us getting, and I would gladly volenteer to try it. Hopefully Comptech won't charge a ridicilous ammount of money for them like they always do...and don't give me the "you get what you pay for bull ish" they charge insane prices.

I will give you an example. I called Comptech once to see how much it would cost to replace the bottom half of the TL headers from a 2000. They told me $400 but to buy the whole set (top and bottom), its $1200. If you look at a picture (here ), you can see that the bottom half of those headers is all we need for our car to have J-pipes.

The only thing thats different, as far as I can tell, is the flange pattern. Conceviably, with some custom work, for $400 we can get comptech J-pipes. Now lets see how much they will charge for the new TL pipes. I'll bet that when the 03-05 TL J-pipes come out they will be nearly a grand ($1000). But, you get what you pay for?

By the way, Merry Christmas.
Scubaman3D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 01:36 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 167
Send a message via ICQ to ib_604 Send a message via MSN to ib_604
i bought Tmans downpipe but it removes all the cats...

so once i get it installed i will have to uninstall it to get aircare done....is there a way around that? like buying an after market cat to put on the system?
ib_604 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 09:09 AM   #8
Biohazard Level 4
 
Scubaman3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Butthole, NY
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ib_604
i bought Tmans downpipe but it removes all the cats...

so once i get it installed i will have to uninstall it to get aircare done....is there a way around that? like buying an after market cat to put on the system?
What is Tmans? I've never heard of it. Does it trigger your CEL? Is it much raspier?
Scubaman3D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #9
Rolling on 19's
 
00&03Accords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: East L.A.
Posts: 879
Tman is someone on the board.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/member.php?u=6553

Custom J-Pipe
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 09:41 AM   #10
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!
 
Sick6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Fernando Valey (Encino)
Posts: 735
Send a message via AIM to Sick6speed Send a message via Yahoo to Sick6speed
I've learned that if you want something done NOW you have to do it yourself and be the Pioneer. Especially with these newer cars. I like Tmans setup but I didn't want to go as far as to remove all the cats and get some simulators I want the ecu to recognize the change and adjust as much as it can for the modification. That is why I use V-afc2. But when I do get pressurized I will definetly want the uni-chip!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
818 Weekly Meet&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Sick6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 10:17 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 167
Send a message via ICQ to ib_604 Send a message via MSN to ib_604
Yea it was Tmans j-pipe.....the guy off the board who sold is 03 6spd accord.

hmmm, yea....thats tru, i was thinking about getting the VAFCII aswell after the install....I don't have any comments about sound or anything yet, but as soon as its installed i will post a thread.
ib_604 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #12
Got VTEC?...
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaman3D

If comptech does develope a J-pipe for the TL, I think its worth us getting, and I would gladly volenteer to try it. Hopefully Comptech won't charge a ridicilous ammount of money for them like they always do...and don't give me the "you get what you pay for bull ish" they charge insane prices.

If you claim that Comptech charges "Insane prices", than what makes you think that it will be any different when they release the J-pipe? Why would you be even remotly interested anyways? I mean, all their gonna do is charge "insane prices".....

What else would you expect from Comptech? They are the LEADING aftermarket company for Honda/Acura, so of course their products will be costly.
Unless saving money for lesser quality is your thing...
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 01:06 PM   #13
Member
 
AV6on19s's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 399
Send a message via AIM to AV6on19s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
If you claim that Comptech charges "Insane prices", than what makes you think that it will be any different when they release the J-pipe? Why would you be even remotly interested anyways? I mean, all their gonna do is charge "insane prices".....

What else would you expect from Comptech? They are the LEADING aftermarket company for Honda/Acura, so of course their products will be costly.
Unless saving money for lesser quality is your thing...

Umm their prices are insane. Listen we all know Comptech makes real good **** for Honda/Acuras but he is making the point that they are WELL overpriced. Just look at their cat-back.. its full stainless steel just like every other mfg who makes exhaust for the 7th gens and its $1100!!!!! FOR A CAT-BACK! I think anyone who pays that is just delerious, get with it and stop defending Comptech.. do you work for them? Their mark-up is the worst Ive ever seen. If their cat-back was $800 it would be possibly reasonable (just because its "Comptech") but 4 digits for a cat-back... yeah OK.

I agree some products that do cost less are less quality but can you prove that the Borla SS exhaust is less quality than the Comptech? I bet not. They are both SS and both are identical bend-wise and have the same mufflers. Soooo why would you pay the extra $600..comeon now. You tell me why their catback deserves the extra $600 over Borla. Its all in your head

I will pay for quality but Comptech has taken new meaning to the word rip-off. Suppose their exhaust is better than Borla because the mufflers are nicer or something, does that justify $600?!?!? Think about that. Its double the damn price!

PLEASE prove me wrong.

Last edited by AV6on19s; December 28th, 2004 at 01:12 PM..
AV6on19s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #14
I AM LOST....
 
brex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,681
Send a message via AIM to brex
^^ well put..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 04:55 PM   #15
ex scientia vera
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6on19s
Umm their prices are insane. Listen we all know Comptech makes real good **** for Honda/Acuras but he is making the point that they are WELL overpriced. Just look at their cat-back.. its full stainless steel just like every other mfg who makes exhaust for the 7th gens and its $1100!!!!! FOR A CAT-BACK! I think anyone who pays that is just delerious, get with it and stop defending Comptech.. do you work for them? Their mark-up is the worst Ive ever seen. If their cat-back was $800 it would be possibly reasonable (just because its "Comptech") but 4 digits for a cat-back... yeah OK.

I agree some products that do cost less are less quality but can you prove that the Borla SS exhaust is less quality than the Comptech? I bet not. They are both SS and both are identical bend-wise and have the same mufflers. Soooo why would you pay the extra $600..comeon now. You tell me why their catback deserves the extra $600 over Borla. Its all in your head

I will pay for quality but Comptech has taken new meaning to the word rip-off. Suppose their exhaust is better than Borla because the mufflers are nicer or something, does that justify $600?!?!? Think about that. Its double the damn price!

PLEASE prove me wrong.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 07:54 PM   #16
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG
 
The Sync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick6speed
I've learned that if you want something done NOW you have to do it yourself and be the Pioneer. Especially with these newer cars. I like Tmans setup but I didn't want to go as far as to remove all the cats and get some simulators I want the ecu to recognize the change and adjust as much as it can for the modification. That is why I use V-afc2. But when I do get pressurized I will definetly want the uni-chip!!

Pressurized?
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #17
fonda my honda
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: tx
Posts: 592
Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
as in nitrous, turbo, or supercharger. doy.....
tx03coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2004, 11:43 PM   #18
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG
 
The Sync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx03coupe
as in nitrous, turbo, or supercharger. doy.....

Thats what I thought. Most people just say F/I so thats why I asked.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2004, 09:22 AM   #19
Biohazard Level 4
 
Scubaman3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Butthole, NY
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6on19s
Umm their prices are insane. Listen we all know Comptech makes real good **** for Honda/Acuras but he is making the point that they are WELL overpriced. Just look at their cat-back.. its full stainless steel just like every other mfg who makes exhaust for the 7th gens and its $1100!!!!! FOR A CAT-BACK! I think anyone who pays that is just delerious, get with it and stop defending Comptech.. do you work for them? Their mark-up is the worst Ive ever seen. If their cat-back was $800 it would be possibly reasonable (just because its "Comptech") but 4 digits for a cat-back... yeah OK.

I agree some products that do cost less are less quality but can you prove that the Borla SS exhaust is less quality than the Comptech? I bet not. They are both SS and both are identical bend-wise and have the same mufflers. Soooo why would you pay the extra $600..comeon now. You tell me why their catback deserves the extra $600 over Borla. Its all in your head

I will pay for quality but Comptech has taken new meaning to the word rip-off. Suppose their exhaust is better than Borla because the mufflers are nicer or something, does that justify $600?!?!? Think about that. Its double the damn price!

PLEASE prove me wrong.
thanks...I didn't even need to defend my position.

Buying comptech is like buying Dolce e Gabbana, or Gucci v. Bannana Republic or J.Crew. You know they are both made in sweat shops off in Cambodia comewhere with the same exact material, but you pay 4x more to have the name "Gucci" on the clothes.

Last edited by Scubaman3D; December 29th, 2004 at 09:26 AM..
Scubaman3D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2004, 05:56 PM   #20
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG
 
The Sync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaman3D
thanks...I didn't even need to defend my position.

Buying comptech is like buying Dolce e Gabbana, or Gucci v. Bannana Republic or J.Crew. You know they are both made in sweat shops off in Cambodia comewhere with the same exact material, but you pay 4x more to have the name "Gucci" on the clothes.


The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2004, 09:39 PM   #21
God of Car
 
i3igpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: University of Illinois
Posts: 511
Send a message via AIM to i3igpete
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6on19s
Umm their prices are insane. Listen we all know Comptech makes real good **** for Honda/Acuras but he is making the point that they are WELL overpriced. Just look at their cat-back.. its full stainless steel just like every other mfg who makes exhaust for the 7th gens and its $1100!!!!! FOR A CAT-BACK! I think anyone who pays that is just delerious, get with it and stop defending Comptech.. do you work for them? Their mark-up is the worst Ive ever seen. If their cat-back was $800 it would be possibly reasonable (just because its "Comptech") but 4 digits for a cat-back... yeah OK.

I agree some products that do cost less are less quality but can you prove that the Borla SS exhaust is less quality than the Comptech? I bet not. They are both SS and both are identical bend-wise and have the same mufflers. Soooo why would you pay the extra $600..comeon now. You tell me why their catback deserves the extra $600 over Borla. Its all in your head

I will pay for quality but Comptech has taken new meaning to the word rip-off. Suppose their exhaust is better than Borla because the mufflers are nicer or something, does that justify $600?!?!? Think about that. Its double the damn price!

PLEASE prove me wrong.
i3igpete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:53 PM   #22
Got VTEC?...
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV6on19s
Umm their prices are insane. Listen we all know Comptech makes real good **** for Honda/Acuras but he is making the point that they are WELL overpriced. Just look at their cat-back.. its full stainless steel just like every other mfg who makes exhaust for the 7th gens and its $1100!!!!! FOR A CAT-BACK! I think anyone who pays that is just delerious, get with it and stop defending Comptech.. do you work for them? Their mark-up is the worst Ive ever seen. If their cat-back was $800 it would be possibly reasonable (just because its "Comptech") but 4 digits for a cat-back... yeah OK.

I agree some products that do cost less are less quality but can you prove that the Borla SS exhaust is less quality than the Comptech? I bet not. They are both SS and both are identical bend-wise and have the same mufflers. Soooo why would you pay the extra $600..comeon now. You tell me why their catback deserves the extra $600 over Borla. Its all in your head

I will pay for quality but Comptech has taken new meaning to the word rip-off. Suppose their exhaust is better than Borla because the mufflers are nicer or something, does that justify $600?!?!? Think about that. Its double the damn price!

PLEASE prove me wrong.

It is truly obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about. So you mean to tell me that instead of correctly modding your car the right way, your going to go out on a limb so you can save a few hundred dollars for cheaper quality? Thats absurd! Comptech charges these prices on their equipment because they are the TOP AFTERMARKET FOR HONDA/ACURA! What else do you expect?

First off Comptech's equipment is C.A.R.B. Approved, which means that it will not negate any warranty of any sort. Even their supercharger is CARB approved, which is amazing, considering that anytime you put boost on a car, that warranty flies out the window faster than you can blink your eye.

Second, their Catback exhaust claims 10 WHP and 14 pound feet of torque! Those are HUGE numbers for a simple catback! Their dyno on the website speaks for itself! And speaking of dyno's, how much do you REALLY trust those companies with their claimed hp and tq gains? Are you really that arrogant of a person to think that every dyno you see is really the REAL thing? Those aftermarket companies cannot be trusted 100 percent on anything. Their job is to make the claims sound presentable to the buyer, and it has been a known fact that companies lie all the time about it. Shad (head technician at Comptech) was so amazed by those catback gains that he had his mechanics take the whole system off their project accord and re-install it and re-dyno it again just to make sure. I assure you, Comptech's claims are no fluke.

Comptech is overpriced and they rip you off??? Whatever pal. So you mean to tell me that because Comptech is SOOOOOO unreasonable that you will never want to buy their supercharger? Considering that Comptech is the ONLY aftermarket company that makes one for an accord, I guess your going to be without boost my friend, because God forbid, they charge "too much".....

Do I work for them? LOL! Just because I like them now means that I work for them? What kind of jab is that? So you seem to like Borla, do [/B]YOU work for that company?

Now what was this talk about proving you wrong?....
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2004, 12:04 AM   #23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 882
Here, I'm gonna bold the stuff that's wrong in your post and underline the stuff you should listen to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
It is truly obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about. So you mean to tell me that instead of correctly modding your car the right way, your going to go out on a limb so you can save a few hundred dollars for cheaper quality? Thats absurd! Comptech charges these prices on their equipment because they are the TOP AFTERMARKET FOR HONDA/ACURA! What else do you expect?

First off Comptech's equipment is C.A.R.B. Approved, which means that it will not negate any warranty of any sort. Even their supercharger is CARB approved, which is amazing, considering that anytime you put boost on a car, that warranty flies out the window faster than you can blink your eye.

Second, their Catback exhaust claims 10 WHP and 14 pound feet of torque! Those are HUGE numbers for a simple catback! Their dyno on the website speaks for itself! And speaking of dyno's, how much do you REALLY trust those companies with their claimed hp and tq gains? Are you really that arrogant of a person to think that every dyno you see is really the REAL thing? Those aftermarket companies cannot be trusted 100 percent on anything. Their job is to make the claims sound presentable to the buyer, and it has been a known fact that companies lie all the time about it. Shad (head technician at Comptech) was so amazed by those catback gains that he had his mechanics take the whole system off their project accord and re-install it and re-dyno it again just to make sure. I assure you, Comptech's claims are no fluke.

Comptech is overpriced and they rip you off??? Whatever pal. So you mean to tell me that because Comptech is SOOOOOO unreasonable that you will never want to buy their supercharger? Considering that Comptech is the ONLY aftermarket company that makes one for an accord, I guess your going to be without boost my friend, because God forbid, they charge "too much".....

Do I work for them? LOL! Just because I like them now means that I work for them? What kind of jab is that? So you seem to like Borla, do YOU work for that company?

Now what was this talk about proving you wrong?....
No one else defends their beloved brand to the death and will refuse to put any other brand on your car. it's your money, and you can do whatever the heck you want with your car. seriously, i don't even care if what you say is based in fact. just STOP with the damn fanboy crap and accept that comptech isn't god and that other companies make parts that are, at the very minimum, better value for the money. oh, and just to let you know, a part being CARB approved means it is legal for street use based on the amount that it changes emissions. it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with warranty or the voiding there of. as stated by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, your warranty can be voided if and only if the product can be shown to have caused the damage needing to be repaired.

Last edited by deuzezwild; December 30th, 2004 at 12:10 AM..
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #24
I AM LOST....
 
brex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,681
Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4

First off Comptech's equipment is C.A.R.B. Approved, which means that it will not negate any warranty of any sort. Even their supercharger is CARB approved, which is amazing, considering that anytime you put boost on a car, that warranty flies out the window faster than you can blink your eye.
CARB legal has nothing to do with warranty. We had being through this discussion in another thread, and you still got it wrong. It only means the you will pass SMOG, emission test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4

Second, their Catback exhaust claims 10 WHP and 14 pound feet of torque! Those are HUGE numbers for a simple catback! Their dyno on the website speaks for itself! And speaking of dyno's, how much do you REALLY trust those companies with their claimed hp and tq gains? Are you really that arrogant of a person to think that every dyno you see is really the REAL thing? Those aftermarket companies cannot be trusted 100 percent on anything. Their job is to make the claims sound presentable to the buyer, and it has been a known fact that companies lie all the time about it. Shad (head technician at Comptech) was so amazed by those catback gains that he had his mechanics take the whole system off their project accord and re-install it and re-dyno it again just to make sure. I assure you, Comptech's claims are no fluke.
So what make you think Comptech isn't lying about their numbers? Your point is exact reason why no one would trust any manufacturer's posted number. Flip side of the coin, if Comptech's number is valid, what make you thing other manufacturer can't achieve the same?

Seriously, how magical is Comptech's exhaust? Comparing to Greddy, Borla, etc? What so special about its material, design, or what-not that makes it produce gain more than others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
Do I work for them? LOL! Just because I like them now means that I work for them? What kind of jab is that? So you seem to like Borla, do [/B]YOU work for that company?
You may or may not work for them; we really don't care. However, your bias view of their product is really not wanted.

Since you praise their product so highly, let's show us your independent before and after dyno on your car using their catback. While you're at it, make sure you invite fellow v6p members to take part in it to ensure the data is truly independent.
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2004, 08:04 AM   #25
Member
 
AV6on19s's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 399
Send a message via AIM to AV6on19s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
It is truly obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about. So you mean to tell me that instead of correctly modding your car the right way, your going to go out on a limb so you can save a few hundred dollars for cheaper quality? Thats absurd! Comptech charges these prices on their equipment because they are the TOP AFTERMARKET FOR HONDA/ACURA! What else do you expect?

First off Comptech's equipment is C.A.R.B. Approved, which means that it will not negate any warranty of any sort. Even their supercharger is CARB approved, which is amazing, considering that anytime you put boost on a car, that warranty flies out the window faster than you can blink your eye.

Second, their Catback exhaust claims 10 WHP and 14 pound feet of torque! Those are HUGE numbers for a simple catback! Their dyno on the website speaks for itself! And speaking of dyno's, how much do you REALLY trust those companies with their claimed hp and tq gains? Are you really that arrogant of a person to think that every dyno you see is really the REAL thing? Those aftermarket companies cannot be trusted 100 percent on anything. Their job is to make the claims sound presentable to the buyer, and it has been a known fact that companies lie all the time about it. Shad (head technician at Comptech) was so amazed by those catback gains that he had his mechanics take the whole system off their project accord and re-install it and re-dyno it again just to make sure. I assure you, Comptech's claims are no fluke.

Comptech is overpriced and they rip you off??? Whatever pal. So you mean to tell me that because Comptech is SOOOOOO unreasonable that you will never want to buy their supercharger? Considering that Comptech is the ONLY aftermarket company that makes one for an accord, I guess your going to be without boost my friend, because God forbid, they charge "too much".....

Do I work for them? LOL! Just because I like them now means that I work for them? What kind of jab is that? So you seem to like Borla, do [/B]YOU work for that company?

Now what was this talk about proving you wrong?....

You are hilarious. I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to modding? Come now. So youre saying I am not modding my AV6 correctly because I didnt put the "Comptech" exhaust on there? Youve got to be kidding me. My car only has a V2 and Borla, like most other people on this board. Correct me if I am wrong, I said i am WILLING to pay the extra buck for a good quality item. However, Comptech doesnt fit into that category because their extra "buck" is 50% more with no PROVEN EXTRA QUALITY. I am NOT WILLING like most people (except you) to pay $500-600 extra for a NAME. I am NOT willing to spend extra money unless I SEE WHY I AM PAYING IT. Im not going to speculate and say "Well Comptech exhaust is $1100, I guess that's the best!"

You really must see my point. If Comptech exhaust was SS, made more power and was more durable than other exhausts that were $500-600. Well hell yeah Comptech would be on my car. But that is not the case here.

CARB approved? Who cares, so is every other exhaust made for our car! And like Brex said, it has nothing to do with warranty

Umm ok so Comptech CLAIMS 10whp on their dyno. I dont trust Comptech ANY MORE than I trust any other MFG's dynos! They all squeeze out extra few HP if you ask me. Also, go check out an V2+Borla dyno, most show 20+whp gain from just those 2 mods. Borla and the Greddy are adding at least around 8-10whp as well pal.

Also, YES comptech is overpriced and they do rip people off on some items.
Did I EVER say anything about their supercharger? NO. I think that would be a great thing from them at a reasonable price. Theyre not cheap, but for something like a supercharger there is no cheap solution and I'd rather have Comptech's. But Im not talking about their supercharger, Im talking about their $1100 cat-back exhaust. Not a supercharger, fuel components, and a bunch of other crap, Im talking about the stainless steel piping with 2 mufflers on the end. Big difference. All I am saying is, there is no proof that it is any better, power, build or sound wise than any other exhaust for our cars. PRICE and NAME does not mean its ALWAYS the best.

Like I said before, show me how the Comptech exhaust is better than the Borla.
You cant really go by sound because that is more of a personal taste. Performance? Does it make an extra power? How bout build quality? BOTH comptech and borla are SS. Lets say the Comptech makes an extra 2-3HP, which of course is just speculation, there is absolutely no proof it makes any more power than the other exhausts, is that worth a 50% increase in price? LOL IM WAITING

You sure defend them like you work for them. No I dont work for Borla, I was just using their product as a comparison to the beloved Comptech exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
Now what was this talk about proving you wrong?....

Umm... yeaaaa I am still waiting for that. I really hope your not thinking you just "told me" because if anything Im still waiting for a response to my first post. Maybe you should go ask your pal's at Comptech WHY the exhaust is 50% more than its comptetitors. SERIOUSLY. At least give a reason why its so much, and dont come back and tell me "Its COMPTECH, they are the leader in Honda/Acura Performance", because thats a really lame reason to spend extra money on products.
AV6on19s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2004, 08:32 AM   #26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 471
Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning, but I'm really tired of this Comptech lacky and his moronic posts. He's got 34 posts, and all but 2 or 3 are all about "Comptech is the greatest" "Comptech is the leader" "You get what you paid for"

moron.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2004, 08:36 AM   #27
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!
 
Sick6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Fernando Valey (Encino)
Posts: 735
Send a message via AIM to Sick6speed Send a message via Yahoo to Sick6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse
Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning, but I'm really tired of this Comptech lacky and his moronic posts. He's got 34 posts, and all but 2 or 3 are all about "Comptech is the greatest" "Comptech is the leader" "You get what you paid for"

moron.
I second the motion.

"Comptech Shomptech"!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
818 Weekly Meet&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Sick6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2004, 08:56 AM   #28
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
 
03LXV6Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Jax
Posts: 3,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
Do I work for them? LOL! Just because I like them now means that I work for them?
You don't just like them...... you love them!

So, do ya work for them or not?? If not, do you have any kind of affiliation with them? Just curious, that's all.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2004, 09:29 AM   #29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 882
he lives close and visits them all the time and is friends with everyone there.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2004, 10:01 AM   #30
Member
 
AV6on19s's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 399
Send a message via AIM to AV6on19s
Yeah I mean dont get me wrong Im sure Comptech is a bunch of intelligent nice car savy people but the only thing I am bashing is their prices on some of their items, paticularly, their cat-back exhaust for the Accord.
AV6on19s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On