Where to buy the RACING DIVISION INJEN CAI? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 2nd, 2005, 08:28 PM  

Red face Where to buy the RACING DIVISION INJEN CAI?

I went around and searched the forums and the web.. I've found places that sell Injen CAI for under 200 with shipping.. I'm curious are the CAI from injen ALL Racing Division?
jyhighsky is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:04 PM  
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
ebay?
brex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:52 PM  

nopi... 168$ shipped. But only that price for black powdercoat..
MGibbs007 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:57 PM  

heres the link.. http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/...0Accord%202003
Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:38 AM  

thanks.. but my question is are the Cold Air Intakes ALL Racing Division Intakes from Injen? And is the black powdercoat any different than the regular chrome polished intake? Also, are the blackpowder coat Intakes just a black polished version? Can you also add on a bypass valve from aem onto the injen?
jyhighsky is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:46 AM  

95% of the intakes should be RD. check the part #. RD1675. the black powdercoated is the same as the polished, just powdercoated (which is a way of painting metal) black. i'm pretty sure that you can add an AEM bypass valve, but you have to know what diameter the injen intake is (don't know off the top of my head)
deuzezwild is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:02 AM  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...944446810&rd=1
polished on ebay for $165.
deuzezwild is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2005, 11:14 AM  
fonda my honda

Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
wow that's a great deal on that injen. i hope someone from this board wins the auction.
tx03coupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:53 PM  
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
its about the same from www.hopupracing.com... thats where i picked mine up from for about $180 shipped

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2005, 10:48 AM  

Send a message via AIM to AtLxkEvinx
sorry for the noobish question, but the 03-05 accord intakes are all alike am i correct? and also are auto and 6speed intakes the same? which one is that black injen one for on nopi?
AtLxkEvinx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2005, 12:29 PM  
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLxkEvinx
sorry for the noobish question, but the 03-05 accord intakes are all alike am i correct? and also are auto and 6speed intakes the same? which one is that black injen one for on nopi?
yes 03-05 are all 7th gen and auto and manual should be hte same as well. i ordered the black one from nopi about a month ago and i love it, u can def feel the gain on low end torque.
i was going back and forth about putting in a bypass but ended up not putting it in and so far so good
as far as the question of are all injen intake "racing division"? the RD series is the only type of cai injen has to offer for our accords, but if u go to their official website, they have many names for their other types of intakes as well for diff cars.
wj4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM  

i was also wondering. if we just get the heatshield/gaurd, would that also help any? is it worth it? my guess is it would help a little bit with the hydrolock thing, even tho i kno it takes alot to hydrolock a car. So does anyone know if the heatshield is worth the money?
Old January 4th, 2005, 03:50 PM  

no its not worth it.. Your fenderwell acts like a heat sheild. I would only use a heat shield on a short ram..
Old January 4th, 2005, 05:56 PM  
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
ive done everything possible that should hydrolock my car and it still hasnt... took it thru a car wash last week, drove home 3 hours on the highway at 40 mph b/c the rain was so bad, huge puddles. none of this on purpose, but it proved to me that you really gotta drive your car into a lake for it to hydrolock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 4th, 2005, 06:19 PM  

from the looks of the pic from nopi, the injen looks like 2 pieces. and if it is a 2 piece, is 1 piece better before of the smoother flow? i dont know, sorry again, i hear alot of things and am not sure. thanks for helping out. i might just have to get that injen soon =]
Old January 4th, 2005, 06:22 PM  

bypass valve is a waste of money....when i have my beater wheels on in the winter i take the car thru the car wash all the time. The only was u will hydrolock the car is by taking it thru a MASSIVE puddle or driving in a flood. But either way both of these are bad for ur car
GR.AV6coupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:45 AM  
wj4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLxkEvinx
from the looks of the pic from nopi, the injen looks like 2 pieces. and if it is a 2 piece, is 1 piece better before of the smoother flow? i dont know, sorry again, i hear alot of things and am not sure. thanks for helping out. i might just have to get that injen soon =]
its not 2 peices, its only one so u cant convert it to short ram or anything. also last week, i drove the car through lots of puddles , some of which were so big that water was splashing over my windshield, lol. i also drove the car in heavy rain at 70mph for 30-45 mins and the car is still a-ok

u will be surprised at how much crap comes out when u still the cai, all that tubing and stuff. and the sound it makes when u mash the gas is
wj4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:30 PM  

you have to completly submerge the entire filter in order to hydrolock the car. otherwise you will pull up some water, but that is a given with a CAI. Just don't drive your car into a lake and I am sure you will be fine...
PDX3.2TL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:09 AM  
^ lives for this stuff

Send a message via AIM to NDeedOne
Injen is on the way...

Hey Guys, I just ordered the one on E-bay that one of you guys said " I hope someone from this board wins the auction" Well, I ended up getting it for $140 shipped to the door, and am anxiosly waiting (check link).

I think that I am going to order the Bypass valve, and put it in when we have incliment weather...just for safty's sake... I mean, my wife is the primary driver. I am very glad to hear about how it is "impossible" to hydro-lock without having the bypass, so to me, having it in bad weather makes me feel just that much more comfortable.... I mean, it's a matter of 50 bucks - that's only 1/2 a bill - for extreme peace of mind. later guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7948564319

Bypass valve ($46.80 - free S&H) :

http://www.thepartsbin.com/sitemap/a...lve~parts.html

Hey, If any one finds it for less, let me know. I'm not sure if it is the 2.75" or the 3.0", when mine comes in, I will measure it and order a bypass valve.
NDeedOne is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2005, 01:43 PM  
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Its 3.0"

I put the AEM bypass on my Injen intake.
The Sync is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2005, 02:04 PM  

got one for $120 used only 500 miles on it, still in brand new condition.
Igotvtec04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2005, 06:52 PM  
^ lives for this stuff

Send a message via AIM to NDeedOne
Hey, IGot Vteco4, tell me if you notice any differance in the "seat of the pants" dyno. Thanks, I'll do the same.
NDeedOne is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in