Magnaflow Exhaust comes in tomorrow...... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #1

Magnaflow Exhaust comes in tomorrow......

Hey, my magnaflow exhaust gets in tomorrow and i'll probably get it installed this weekend. I wanted to do it myself but I've talked to a few different guys at muffler shops and they said that bolt on exhaust systems never go on right and they always have to slightly modify them. Do you think this is a bunch of crap these guys are feeding me.........If you installed your own system can you tell me if it fits right out of the box or not...........especially if anyone has maganflow.
Z Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2005, 01:49 PM   #2
J32A2 6-Speed Rocks

Send a message via AIM to Silv_Accord_V6
I have magnaflow , they fit fine, but it's a 6th gen. But you can always install it yourself first, then if it needs modifying afterwards, just bring it to the muffler shop and have them work on it. That should make it cheaper in the long run.
Silv_Accord_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2005, 01:57 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to SweetMt6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silv_Accord_V6
I have magnaflow , they fit fine, but it's a 6th gen. But you can always install it yourself first, then if it needs modifying afterwards, just bring it to the muffler shop and have them work on it. That should make it cheaper in the long run.
Ditto. Do it yourself if you can. I'd suggest taking it to a shop and let them make adjustments and then have it welded. Welding it should make a big difference. Latr, C
Ps -anyone know of sites that have sound of what the exhausts will sound like on our cars? I really want to do an exhaust ,but I want the "Right" sound for me. I have yet to see anyone with a 2004 V6 coupe that has made changes in the PA area. Let me know!
SweetMt6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 12th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #4

theres a sticky in this performance forum.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #5

alright...thanx guys. Does anyone else suggest getting it wielded?
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #6
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
i dont know if the magnaflow requires welding, but i installed my borla system myself, no welding, no problems with fitting or anything. it was actually really easy, and very secure now.... the pipes get so hot as it is that it pretty much welds itself anyway after like 50 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
i dont know if the magnaflow requires welding, but i installed my borla system myself, no welding, no problems with fitting or anything. it was actually really easy, and very secure now.... the pipes get so hot as it is that it pretty much welds itself anyway after like 50 miles
Did you use a tourque wrench to get the stock exhaust off or put the new one on? Also, did you have a lift to do yours with?
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #8
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
just wondering but i was going to get the magnaflow and contacted nopi and was told that the exhaust for the 7th gen coupe was discontinued, was told the same thing when I contacted magnaflow. So I bought the borla instead, anyone have any info on this?
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
just wondering but i was going to get the magnaflow and contacted nopi and was told that the exhaust for the 7th gen coupe was discontinued, was told the same thing when I contacted magnaflow. So I bought the borla instead, anyone have any info on this?
I don't know man. I ordered mine from www.hottexhaust.com and they apparently had some. Then when i looked at the tracking page of my package it apparently looked like it had been shipped from a magnaflow warehouse and not from hottexhaust. I guess they either still have some laying around or thats just a rumor. Also for future notice I told the guy on the phone at Hottexhaust that I learned about their company through Google and he gave me a 20% discount !!!. I got it all shipped for $450 dollars in stead of $560 like it says on their site. Just a word to the wise.
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Dogg
Hey, my magnaflow exhaust gets in tomorrow and i'll probably get it installed this weekend. I wanted to do it myself but I've talked to a few different guys at muffler shops and they said that bolt on exhaust systems never go on right and they always have to slightly modify them. Do you think this is a bunch of crap these guys are feeding me.........If you installed your own system can you tell me if it fits right out of the box or not...........especially if anyone has maganflow.
When i installed the magnaflow catback on my 6th gen i didnt use a lift it is kind of harder without one, but if you have access to one it would be nice. To get the old exhaust off i would just spray some wd40 or pb blast to try to loosen the bolts on the stock exhaust. The exhaust should fit fine you might have to make some small adjustments to the mufflers to make then look straight.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
When i installed the magnaflow catback on my 6th gen i didnt use a lift it is kind of harder without one, but if you have access to one it would be nice. To get the old exhaust off i would just spray some wd40 or pb blast to try to loosen the bolts on the stock exhaust. The exhaust should fit fine you might have to make some small adjustments to the mufflers to make then look straight.
alright, thanx. Did you use a tourque wrench to put the new exhaust on?
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #12

No, but pretty much any wrench will work, a torque wrench will work good so that you can get some leverage on the bolts.
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
No, but pretty much any wrench will work, a torque wrench will work good so that you can get some leverage on the bolts.
Bro, I was just looking at your galley.....What kind of rims are those. I practically splooged all over my keyboard!
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #14

they are 19" Axis Se7en Mods
Old January 12th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #15

yah, but back to the exhaust. I think I'll just install it myself and then if it doesn't fit I'll take it in.
Old January 12th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #16
ex scientia vera

Z Dogg,

If you have the means, I would love to hear a sound clip (or see a video) of this on your AT. I have an Auto as well, and I'm looking for as many sound clips as possible. If not, then that's cool. Good luck with the install, and definitely post some pics. I'd love to see it.

Later
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
Z Dogg,

If you have the means, I would love to hear a sound clip (or see a video) of this on your AT. I have an Auto as well, and I'm looking for as many sound clips as possible. If not, then that's cool. Good luck with the install, and definitely post some pics. I'd love to see it.

Later
Yah dude I'll definately try to post a video when i get it. But I don't really know how to do that? I'm tell'n you man $450 for a catback exhaust system shipped is pretty good....If you do decide to go magnaflow you should get it from the place I did.
Old January 12th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #18
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Yah dude I'll definately try to post a video when i get it. But I don't really know how to do that? I'm tell'n you man $450 for a catback exhaust system shipped is pretty good....If you do decide to go magnaflow you should get it from the place I did.
Hell yeah. I appreciate it man. I sort of put a catback exhaust on the back burner due to its high price, but a quality product from Magnaflow for that price sound too good to pass up. I'm going to consider it now. Can't wait to see that vid and pics too.
Old January 13th, 2005, 02:40 PM   #19

ALRIGHT GUYS !!! It finally came. Its alot different than all the pictures of magnaflow systems I've seen in the past. I guess since the addition of the coupe version magnaflow decided to put new mufflers on it instead. Anyway......Check em out.....and tell me what you think?

Personally, I think they look bad freakn' ass (pardon my language)

Last edited by Z Dogg; January 14th, 2005 at 02:35 PM..
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:22 PM   #20

Send a message via ICQ to ib_604 Send a message via MSN to ib_604
can't seem to see the pics
ib_604 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #21
ex scientia vera

Quote:
ALRIGHT GUYS !!! It finally came. Its alot different than all the pictures of magnaflow systems I've seen in the past. I guess since the addition of the coupe version magnaflow decided to put new mufflers on it instead. Anyway......Check em out.....and tell me what you think?

Personally, I think they look bad freakn' ass (pardon my language)

[IMG]IMG_0239.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0241.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0253.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0247.JPG[/IMG]
It doesn't work like that. You have to have a URL from where the pictures reside on the internet. If I were you I would just upload them to your gallery then point to them there. Right click on the picture after it's in your gallery, go to properties, then get the url from there. Hope this helps. Ignore this if you already know it. Just trying to help. I couldn't figure it out to save my life when I first tried.
Old January 13th, 2005, 08:37 PM   #22

Yeah......sorry i didn't know how to put them on. There all uploaded into my gallery so feel free to check them out. I'll post em on this thead later, but i still got alot to do toniight so maybe tomorrow...
Old January 13th, 2005, 11:21 PM   #23

wicked, the exhaust looks nice man, i got the same one, but its still sitting in the box in my storage....hopeing to install soon, if u have installed it, do u find it too loud? i bought a glass pack for it, which i will probably put it, because i have a downpipe that i am putting in....*ucking excited about that sh*t....muwahahaha....
Old January 14th, 2005, 05:28 AM   #24
ex scientia vera

Yeah Z Dogg, that exhaust looks nice man!
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib_604
because i have a downpipe that i am putting in.
WHAT. EXPLAIN YOURSELF.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:20 AM   #26
ex scientia vera

Quote:
because i have a downpipe that i am putting in
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzezwild
WHAT. EXPLAIN YOURSELF.
Yeah, I kind of perked up when I read that too.
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:40 AM   #27

What's This About A Downpipe??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2005, 02:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib_604
wicked, the exhaust looks nice man, i got the same one, but its still sitting in the box in my storage....hopeing to install soon, if u have installed it, do u find it too loud? i bought a glass pack for it, which i will probably put it, because i have a downpipe that i am putting in....*ucking excited about that sh*t....muwahahaha....

I'll probably install it tomarrow so I'll let you know how it sounds (how loud it is, etc). The mufflers are alot smaller than they were on the first magnaflow systems for our cars. At least from the pictures I've seen and that moive on the exhaust comparison thread. Anyway......whats this about a downpipe? Do you know something we dont know?????

P.S. What company did you buy it from?
Old January 14th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #29
Vimal (vee-mall)

Send a message via AIM to KnightRyder
maaaan, i swear.. magnaflow keeps changing the look of their exhaust!

back when Silv_Accord_V6 first got the exhaust and showed us.... i immediately fell in love with them because i didnt want a big exhaust and at the time i only knew of Comptechs ($700) and the Magnaflows were at about $450.

When i went to buy them, they had two style available... The round canister with big round tip which i did NOT want and the newer version which was the Oval canister with Oval tip (the one silv_accord_v6 got). I bought them for about $450. Then about 5-6 months later... Someone said that their Magnaflows were different from mine... they had the Oval canister with round tips (which i liked even better) and it only cost about $350 then.

Then the Magnaflows came in for the 7th gen and i remember seeing people upset with them because they had bent down tips with oval canisters, sort of like the stock 6th gen exhaust which looked pretty ugly. and NOW i see that you have a round canister with straight round tips.

These guys just changed their exhaust without notice. But i guess thats a good thing, people didnt like the bent tips on the 7th gen so they made them straight and round. I guess people didnt really like the oval tips on the 6th gen so they made them round.
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2005, 01:28 AM   #30

Quote:
I'll probably install it tomarrow so I'll let you know how it sounds (how loud it is, etc). The mufflers are alot smaller than they were on the first magnaflow systems for our cars. At least from the pictures I've seen and that moive on the exhaust comparison thread. Anyway......whats this about a downpipe? Do you know something we dont know?????

P.S. What company did you buy it from?
good stuff man, i guess i shoulda looked in the box to see what mine looks like, but i never even had the time...can't wait to see what u have to say...

as for the downpipe, it is completly custom, i bought it off Tman, who sold it when he was getting rid of his car, there are pics of it posted on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in