Going to order a Borla exhaust - which company? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2005, 08:18 PM   #1
David who?

Going to order a Borla exhaust - which company?

Hey all, I want to order a Borla exhaust for my '03 Sedan and have the tips cut and rewelded to fit the car. The lowest price I can find is around $612 from both ajusa.com and performancecenter.com. Anyone deal with the companies and is one better than another? Thanks.
Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to mishima8
atmotorsports.com the guy runs accordtuner.com and is a standup guy. Tell him John C from DC referred you.
mishima8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #3
My car is blue...

Send a message via AIM to vroom
and....if u wait a while and post on the baord for a while....u get 10% off.....at membership has its privledges

oh, the board is accordtuner.com

but yeah, the guy that runs it, tracey/higabyte......kick ass guy......

tell him i told you about him!
haha
vroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #4
David who?

Cool! Looks like I'll head over there for a bit. Thanks for the 411 guys, I appreciate it!
Old January 20th, 2005, 05:17 PM   #5
wj4

i have the borla catback and i love it. i got it from performancecenter.com when they had the xmas sale. price was $580shipped, 520 for the unit and 60 for shipping and tax.
wj4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #6

i also got mine from performancecenter.com during the christmas sale for 525 plus shipping.
808v6er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2005, 02:10 PM   #7

DO NOT ORDER FROM AJUSA they have the worse service I have ever seen. It took my 6 weeks and a call to the GM to finally have my exhuast shipped. They will give you every excuse under the sun on why it wasn't shipped, 9 out of 10 time it was Borla fault according to them. Heck they told me it was shipped and was out for satur. delivery I sat around all day never got it and then called on monday and it was never shipped, I also found out they never even had ordered it from Borla. Call anyone you want to buy from and make sure they have it. I found out the hard way that most of these places don't even stock them. You order from them and they have Borla drop ship the exhuast. I finally got mine and they picked up they tab to have it shipped next day air, just my 2 cents from experience with AJ USA. I will say I had no problem getting my AEM V2 from them tho, it showed when it was suppose to.
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2005, 02:15 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to mishima8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom
and....if u wait a while and post on the baord for a while....u get 10% off.....at membership has its privledges

haha
Werd!
mishima8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:17 PM   #9
David who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet03accord
DO NOT ORDER FROM AJUSA they have the worse service I have ever seen. It took my 6 weeks and a call to the GM to finally have my exhuast shipped. They will give you every excuse under the sun on why it wasn't shipped, 9 out of 10 time it was Borla fault according to them. Heck they told me it was shipped and was out for satur. delivery I sat around all day never got it and then called on monday and it was never shipped, I also found out they never even had ordered it from Borla. Call anyone you want to buy from and make sure they have it. I found out the hard way that most of these places don't even stock them. You order from them and they have Borla drop ship the exhuast. I finally got mine and they picked up they tab to have it shipped next day air, just my 2 cents from experience with AJ USA. I will say I had no problem getting my AEM V2 from them tho, it showed when it was suppose to.
Glad to hear that, I wanted to make sure the companies I plan to deal with have a good reputation behind them. Seems everyone's been leaning towards performancecenter.com anyway. I'm going to keep my eye on the site and see how the price moves. It's bitter cold up here right now and we're supposed to get a lot of snow this weekend. So I'm in no rush for a couple of weeks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom

haha
I emailed Tracey on this and he is no longer providing this discount to members anymore. He is still running the site however and his prices are a bit lower than some others so I may still get it from there.

I've also got an email into Joe at hardtopguy.com to make sure the exhaust for the couple will line up at the mounting points and hangers on the sedan, not withstanding the tips. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #10

Borlas sucks... spend the extra money and go with greddy, you'll be gald you did
7thgen V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgen V6
Borlas sucks... spend the extra money and go with greddy, you'll be gald you did
GReddys are ricer. use the extra brain cells and get a borla.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2005, 02:13 AM   #12
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzezwild
And if you have even MORE extra brain cells, you will invest in Comptech's full exhaust....
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2005, 05:51 AM   #13
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuzezwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord04
And if you have even MORE extra brain cells, you will invest in Comptech's full exhaust...
Invest... Then go to the bank to take out a loan!

I'd have to say that Borla is my favorite, among our current options.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 25th, 2005, 06:18 AM   #14

My .02 Greddy sux, had one looks like garbage and sounds like a rice mobile some 16 teen year old kid is driving with a universal muffler so he/she can look cool, sold it and bought a Borla. Borla looks and sound better once you remove the muffler just b4 is splits off for the tail pipes. Best buy custom made or a Comptech but that gets pricey.
sweet03accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in