Hammerbeck Muffler - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2005, 09:15 AM   #1
Registered User
 
TorontoV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Send a message via Yahoo to TorontoV6
Hammerbeck Muffler

does anyone have a sound clip of the Hammerbeck mufflers? I have seen the pictures of the blue coupe that is up on a hoist but I was wondering if anyone has anymore feedback on these including pics of a coupe on the ground or a sound clip. HP or performance results also.

P.S. what does WOT mean?
TorontoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 26th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #2
ex scientia vera
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoV6
does anyone have a sound clip of the Hammerbeck mufflers? I have seen the pictures of the blue coupe that is up on a hoist but I was wondering if anyone has anymore feedback on these including pics of a coupe on the ground or a sound clip. HP or performance results also.

P.S. what does WOT mean?
I've seen a sound clip somewhere around here that you can download.

WOT = Wide Open Throttle
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2005, 09:38 AM   #3
ex scientia vera
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,570
Here ya go, I found it for you.

Click here

Last edited by kramer2k; January 26th, 2005 at 09:43 AM..
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #4
fonda my honda
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: tx
Posts: 592
Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
that sounds crappy! hahaha
tx03coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:22 AM   #5
ex scientia vera
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx03coupe
that sounds crappy! hahaha
Damn man, it's called tact. Maybe you could've said that sound is not for you. It's not for me either, but the company is surviving for SOME reason.

It's also possible that they weren't fully warmed up. Most mufflers sound deeper and fuller once they are warm.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #6
I AM LOST....
 
brex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,681
Send a message via AIM to brex
here is complete thread..

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=41589
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #7
I AM LOST....
 
brex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,681
Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx03coupe
that sounds crappy! hahaha
whatever float ur boat..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #8
Registered User
 
TorontoV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Send a message via Yahoo to TorontoV6
Thank you for the help! I think I will still go with the Borla. The greddy EVO's are to big looking and the magnaflow donlt really do much for me. It;s just so damn hard and expensive to get the Borla's up here to Canada. But like most good things you have to wait for them and they usually cast you....
TorontoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2005, 11:08 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
SweetMt6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 216
Send a message via AIM to SweetMt6speed
Eh!
SweetMt6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #10
shady mofo
 
IIHOOPII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 370
i agree - dont like the sound at all, sounds kinda semi-fart canish no good for me

--hoop
__________________
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
--Frank Sinatra

*neuspeed race springs||neuspeed short shift||SPC rear camber kit||
||15% tint all around||k&n filter||shaved rear end||yoko avs es100||
||custom powdercoated wheels||aem cai||custom flomaster exhaust
*
i'm a ferrari driver trapped in a honda owners body...
IIHOOPII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 26th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #11
fonda my honda
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: tx
Posts: 592
Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIHOOPII
i agree - dont like the sound at all, sounds kinda semi-fart canish no good for me

--hoop
yes...that's what i meant to say. free hugs for all who were so offended by my previous comment.
tx03coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2005, 01:48 AM   #12
Got VTEC?...
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx03coupe
that sounds crappy! hahaha

That exhaust sounds like crap. You couldn't PAY me to drive around with that thing bolted onto my car! It sounds like the car is farting! That is truly ricy in its purest form! I Still will go Comptech or Borla anyday.
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:43 AM   #13
I AM LOST....
 
brex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,681
Send a message via AIM to brex
lol.. maybe i will try to take a new sound clip later.. when i hear it myself again.. i felt it was a bit off.. but who knows..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #14
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG
 
The Sync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
That exhaust sounds like crap. You couldn't PAY me to drive around with that thing bolted onto my car! It sounds like the car is farting! That is truly ricy in its purest form! I Still will go Comptech or Borla anyday.
Well, just like Kramer2k said, everybody has a different taste. And I have no doubt that you would go Comptech due to every post about some brand, you say that you will only buy Comptech and that other brands can't even compete with Comptech. Just making an observation.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #15
Silver Sleeper
 
03accord03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 256
fart machine haha
03accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #16
ex scientia vera
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
That exhaust sounds like crap. You couldn't PAY me to drive around with that thing bolted onto my car! It sounds like the car is farting! That is truly ricy in its purest form! I Still will go Comptech or Borla anyday.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #17
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
 
MrV6P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali Nomad
Posts: 1,460
Reality Check. . .

OK, enough of my muffler is better than yours crap. Grow up! This is why it's hard to negotiate new products for some of the tuner groups, like this thread, there are a few who like to whine and play these little word games. Here's the facts kids:

Any muffler can be made to sound and perform the way you want it to, you just need to do your homework. . .. I had dual Hayame Mufflers that retail $295 each, top of the line JDM mufflers, and replaced them with the Hammerbeck's. I simply attached the Hammerbeck's to my existing custom catback system. Both muffler setups sound and performed the same, with the exception of the price which was about $400 difference. The key product on my custom exhaust is a 30" resonator (for $50) that creates the special sound my set of mufflers give. The size of the piping also contributes or lessens performance, so unless you are going with a Supercharger or Turbo system, you are smart to leave it 2.25" piping. Again let me repeat, anyone can make any muffler system sound and perform great if you know what you are doing and talking about.

If you want to see my setup checkout the gallery I have a few pictures posted. In fact, this week I changed out my custom axle back dual Hammerback muffler system to a single muffler setup.

peace out,
Maurice
MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #18
Brawn GP > RBR Renault
 
drkangel348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,106
I've had the privilege of being in Brex's car and I must say it sounds really nice. The videos posted in this thread really have too much reverb and thus having a raspy "fart" bassy sound but Brex's car in real life doesn't sound like that at all... His exhaust has a very much cleaner higher note tone, similar to a V10 sound. I love Brex's and sick6speed's exhaust.
__________________
2007 Honda S2000 (Grand Prix White)
drkangel348 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #19
Got VTEC?...
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sync
You say that you will only buy Comptech and that other brands can't even compete with Comptech

Correct
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #20
shady mofo
 
IIHOOPII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MoMoney
OK, enough of my muffler is better than yours crap. Grow up! This is why it's hard to negotiate new products for some of the tuner groups, like this thread, there are a few who like to whine and play these little word games. Here's the facts kids:

Any muffler can be made to sound and perform the way you want it to, you just need to do your homework. . .. I had dual Hayame Mufflers that retail $295 each, top of the line JDM mufflers, and replaced them with the Hammerbeck's. I simply attached the Hammerbeck's to my existing custom catback system. Both muffler setups sound and performed the same, with the exception of the price which was about $400 difference. The key product on my custom exhaust is a 30" resonator (for $50) that creates the special sound my set of mufflers give. The size of the piping also contributes or lessens performance, so unless you are going with a Supercharger or Turbo system, you are smart to leave it 2.25" piping. Again let me repeat, anyone can make any muffler system sound and perform great if you know what you are doing and talking about.

If you want to see my setup checkout the gallery I have a few pictures posted. In fact, this week I changed out my custom axle back dual Hammerback muffler system to a single muffler setup.

peace out,
Maurice
Maurice -
No dissrespect intended, but relax, a sound clip was posted, we dont like it. If we dont like it, then we have every right to state our opinion of why we dont like it. The fact that people here are speaking their opinion should be BETTER in the product development frontier because you have MORE input on what people want. I'm sure that almost any muffler can be made to sound what anybody wants, but in response to the sound clip posted (more than likely the only exposure a lot of people have had to this system), if I dont like it, I'm going to say that I dont like it.

Having said that, I fully understand and respect all the work you guys do to get us new products and get the ball rolling on development of new products, in no way am I trying to downplay the importance of what you guys are doing. I do think however, that it's sort of harsh to come down on everybody that has a differing opinion. While yes, you do need to get a good base of responses to get these companies to start the R&D of a product, you NEED different opinions if you want to sell to the masses.

just my .02 also...

--hoop
__________________
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
--Frank Sinatra

*neuspeed race springs||neuspeed short shift||SPC rear camber kit||
||15% tint all around||k&n filter||shaved rear end||yoko avs es100||
||custom powdercoated wheels||aem cai||custom flomaster exhaust
*
i'm a ferrari driver trapped in a honda owners body...
IIHOOPII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:07 AM   #21
ex scientia vera
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIHOOPII
Maurice -
No dissrespect intended, but relax, a sound clip was posted, we dont like it. If we dont like it, then we have every right to state our opinion of why we dont like it. The fact that people here are speaking their opinion should be BETTER in the product development frontier because you have MORE input on what people want. I'm sure that almost any muffler can be made to sound what anybody wants, but in response to the sound clip posted (more than likely the only exposure a lot of people have had to this system), if I dont like it, I'm going to say that I dont like it.

Having said that, I fully understand and respect all the work you guys do to get us new products and get the ball rolling on development of new products, in no way am I trying to downplay the importance of what you guys are doing. I do think however, that it's sort of harsh to come down on everybody that has a differing opinion. While yes, you do need to get a good base of responses to get these companies to start the R&D of a product, you NEED different opinions if you want to sell to the masses.

just my .02 also...

--hoop
I don't think the issue here is about opinions. Everyone here CERTAINLY has the right to their decision, and they definitely should express it. The opinions are constructive. The problem here is the way in which people make that opinion known. If everyone would have some TACT in the way in which they state their opinion, it would be much easier to communicate effectively.

I have no respect for someone that says "That sounds like CRAP. Oh my God, you got ripped off." It would be much more respectful and considerate to say, "I don't really like the sound of that muffler. In my opinion, it is a bit raspy and does not have the deep tone that I'm interested in."

Does everyone get what I'm saying? To be consistent with what I'm saying, this is just MY opinion so take it for what it's worth.

...And now back to the Hammerbeck Muffler
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:42 AM   #22
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
 
MrV6P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali Nomad
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
I don't think the issue here is about opinions. Everyone here CERTAINLY has the right to their decision, and they definitely should express it. The opinions are constructive. The problem here is the way in which people make that opinion known. If everyone would have some TACT in the way in which they state their opinion, it would be much easier to communicate effectively.

I have no respect for someone that says "That sounds like CRAP. Oh my God, you got ripped off." It would be much more respectful and considerate to say, "I don't really like the sound of that muffler. In my opinion, it is a bit raspy and does not have the deep tone that I'm interested in."

Does everyone get what I'm saying? To be consistent with what I'm saying, this is just MY opinion so take it for what it's worth.

...And now back to the Hammerbeck Muffler
Exactly!
MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #23
vroom vroom
 
ctsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
That exhaust sounds like crap. You couldn't PAY me to drive around with that thing bolted onto my car! It sounds like the car is farting! That is truly ricy in its purest form! I Still will go Comptech or Borla anyday.

Wording is a bit too harsh since its a V6P product but I'd do agree. I also don't like how it looks.
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #24
vroom vroom
 
ctsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
Correct

ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2005, 03:31 PM   #25
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG
 
The Sync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
Correct
Just because you happen to like it doesn't make it better than any other product of the same stature. Most people aren't going to spend that kind of money because people can get the same kind of product, just different brand for a lesser price that happens to be the same quality.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
That exhaust sounds like crap. You couldn't PAY me to drive around with that thing bolted onto my car!
I believe that if someone was to pay you money to drive around and show off their product, you would. And if Comptech happened to sound like the Hammerback, would you still have purchased it for your car even though you think it sounds like crap or would you probably purchase it anyway due to the fact that it says Comptech? Or would your entire view change of the product? Think about it.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2005, 04:48 PM   #26
Got VTEC?...
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sync
I believe that if someone was to pay you money to drive around and show off their product, you would. And if Comptech happened to sound like the Hammerback, would you still have purchased it for your car even though you think it sounds like crap or would you probably purchase it anyway due to the fact that it says Comptech? Or would your entire view change of the product? Think about it.
Wrong. My dignity and self worth is more important than any dollar you waive in my face. So if I were to get payed to have that junk on my car and fart all over the freeway with it, i'd decline. The reason why I like Comptech in the first place is that it DOESN'T sound like that peice of crap exhaust.

By the way, I don't buy products because of their name. I buy products for their gains, quality, and resale value. Since Comptech does all three BETTER than any other company, thats why I perchase their products.
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:59 PM   #27
Registered User
 
TorontoV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 88
Send a message via Yahoo to TorontoV6
I think he means "PAID" not "PAYED"


or is that the american spelling?

Anyway I feel bad that I sarted this thread. I was only looking for more options to what was on the muffler video thread, for a FULL comparison. I am new and I am learning a great deal from these forums.

THanks again for everyones helpful words.
TorontoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2005, 06:44 PM   #28
ex scientia vera
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoV6
I think he means "PAID" not "PAYED"

or is that the american spelling?
No man, you're right on par with the spelling. He was off on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoV6
Anyway I feel bad that I sarted this thread.I am new and I am learning a great deal from these forums.

THanks again for everyones helpful words.
This forum is absolutely awesome isn't it? I love it. BUT (and this is a big 'but'), you'll learn--as in our example with this thread--you have worthless posters that contribute nothing but negativity. They're like flies, they'll annoy the sh*t out of everyone if you swat at them. They only way they go away is if you IGNORE them, or use a fly swatter (in our case, BAN them).

I'm not the type of guy to get all worked up over an immature member, but this guy is way out of line. He provokes most threads--such is our case here--into an argument rather than a constuctive conversation. My rant is over, I'll now ignore this member in hopes of him "buzzing" off or, more likely, getting himself banned!

BTW, welcome to the boards man. It's good to have you.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On