AERO-TURBINE mufflers installed... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2005, 06:24 PM   #1
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
 
logonzojls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Strong Island, N.Y.
Posts: 793
Talking AERO-TURBINE mufflers installed...

Two weeks ago I bought 2 AERO-TURBINE 2540i mufflers and had them installed at a local shop. I think they look really good. http://www.aero-turbine.com At their website, the dynos looked pretty promising, I am going to try to get a dyno in a few weeks. I had one done after my previous mod. So I will be able to tell what I gained. I also made a video but I don't know how to post it. Any help would be great.

here are the pix, they are on page 2

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/683369
logonzojls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 4th, 2005, 06:28 PM   #2
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
 
Hongda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Jose,CA
Posts: 2,204
They look nice with the rear bumper.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #3
pch
1quick240
 
pch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,023
Send a message via MSN to pch Send a message via Yahoo to pch
Nice looking ride man. I like u'r fog lights. How do u like u'r exhaust notes? Are they raspy? Hopefully they don't sound like a typical 4 banger honda. From what i heard on the webiste, with the v6 accord ir sounds pretty good. Also, how do u like u'r tires. I see that u have 245/45/17, aren't those too wide? Do u rub? For me, i bought some used yokohama 235/45/17 and i was scared of rubbing when i turned. So i took them off and replaced them with the pilot sport 225/45/17. I am dissapointed on the way those look. The wheel gap looks awful. To me the 235 where better looking because they mde the car look more agressive. I bet those tires look of the hook when your looking at your cars a$$.
pch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old February 4th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 556
Does the product live up to it's huge claims as on their website?
Jon2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #5
Registered User
 
chiefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,602
Send a message via AIM to chiefy
looks good

great looking ride
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2005, 11:03 PM   #6
indoctidiscant
 
OwAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,790
Send a message via AIM to OwAce
id really like to see a dyno chart for the mufflers.
i am always skeptical of mufflers like this for engines that are not drawing extreme amounts of air in, and therefore exherting it either.

the analogy i have always used is this, try breathing in and out of a straw -kinda what your stock intake and exhaust are like,

however try open your mouth as wide as possible and breath in and out, and see how much more difficult it gets.

now this is only a theory, but any muffler that accelerates the air coming out of the engine, may just be a little too much,

however theories have been busted by practical experiments, and i would really like to see a dyno chart for the mufflers.

in other new, how do straight flowing mufflers sound to you guys?
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2005, 11:10 PM   #7
^ lives for this stuff
 
NDeedOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 287
Send a message via AIM to NDeedOne
Car looks killer, man. Great choice of mufflers for looks.

check out mine real quick.... only 1 page so far.
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/775634
NDeedOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #8
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
 
logonzojls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Strong Island, N.Y.
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch
Nice looking ride man. I like u'r fog lights. How do u like u'r exhaust notes? Are they raspy? Hopefully they don't sound like a typical 4 banger honda. From what i heard on the webiste, with the v6 accord ir sounds pretty good. Also, how do u like u'r tires. I see that u have 245/45/17, aren't those too wide? Do u rub? For me, i bought some used yokohama 235/45/17 and i was scared of rubbing when i turned. So i took them off and replaced them with the pilot sport 225/45/17. I am dissapointed on the way those look. The wheel gap looks awful. To me the 235 where better looking because they mde the car look more agressive. I bet those tires look of the hook when your looking at your cars a$$.
I personally couldn't be happier with the way my car sounds. I also have a video but I haven't figured out how to post it yet. I have heard the exhaust comparison videos, I thought for the most part they all sounded great but I wanted to go with something different. As far as my tires, they don't rub at all. I have the pilot sport A/S M+s which aren't as sticky as the normal pilot sports. I have a lot of wheel gap even with these tires too. I can't fix that untill I get enought money for the tien coilovers. thanks for the compl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon2002
Does the product live up to it's huge claims as on their website?
I haven't gotten a dyno yet but when I do I will share with all. The dynos on the website look pretty solid all those numbers are a straight replacement for the stock muffler, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
id really like to see a dyno chart for the mufflers.
i am always skeptical of mufflers like this for engines that are not drawing extreme amounts of air in, and therefore exherting it either.

the analogy i have always used is this, try breathing in and out of a straw -kinda what your stock intake and exhaust are like,

however try open your mouth as wide as possible and breath in and out, and see how much more difficult it gets.

now this is only a theory, but any muffler that accelerates the air coming out of the engine, may just be a little too much,

however theories have been busted by practical experiments, and i would really like to see a dyno chart for the mufflers.

in other new, how do straight flowing mufflers sound to you guys?
I do see your point of view, after the dyno we will be able to tell for sure if they have any affect on hp and tq, even if they don't accelarate air from the engine faster, as long as the numbers are there this could be a great sounding and performance for the 7gen AV6.
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
logonzojls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2005, 09:55 AM   #9
pch
1quick240
 
pch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,023
Send a message via MSN to pch Send a message via Yahoo to pch
No problem man. Also i wanted to ask u, how do u like the redline mt oil and how is the royal purple oil working for u? I have the mobil 1 synthetic 10w-30 and i like it a lot. i have always used this oil in my cars.
pch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #10
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
 
logonzojls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Strong Island, N.Y.
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch
No problem man. Also i wanted to ask u, how do u like the redline mt oil and how is the royal purple oil working for u? I have the mobil 1 synthetic 10w-30 and i like it a lot. i have always used this oil in my cars.
So far the royal purple has been doing a great job. I as well am using a mobile-1 oil filter. I was personally looking for mobile-1 syn oil but the local shops don't really carry the 5w-20 recommended for our cars, so I went with royal purple. As far as the redline m/t fluid since I changed from stock the gears are so much smoother shifting, it seems to really go into the gear a lot easier. Its kinda hard to explain but definitly worth the $30.00 or less. later bro.
logonzojls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #11
Formerly Known As...
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 760
Send a message via AIM to i4performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by logonzojls
I personally couldn't be happier with the way my car sounds. I also have a video but I haven't figured out how to post it yet.
I can temporarily host it for you if you want.

Just e-mail it to me and I'll send you the link [email protected]
i4performance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2005, 03:12 PM   #12
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
 
logonzojls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Strong Island, N.Y.
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4performance
I can temporarily host it for you if you want.

Just e-mail it to me and I'll send you the link [email protected]
Thanks bro, Its kinda a shotty video because it was made with a still digital camera.
logonzojls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On