V6P Grounding Kit trouble.. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2005, 07:33 AM   #1
^ that's my name

Send a message via AIM to ll haC
V6P Grounding Kit trouble..

I've searched everything that has had to deal with the grounding kit on 7th gen. All I could find was that some people had some length problems, but in the end found a solution. Well I'm currently stuck. The 3/4 wire (the longest one that reaches from 1 side of the manifold to the other ) will not reach to the grounding point that's specified in the instructions. If anyone could help me by showing me how they routed that wire, It'd be really appreciated. Thanks
ll haC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2005, 09:55 AM   #2
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll haC
I've searched everything that has had to deal with the grounding kit on 7th gen. All I could find was that some people had some length problems, but in the end found a solution. Well I'm currently stuck. The 3/4 wire (the longest one that reaches from 1 side of the manifold to the other ) will not reach to the grounding point that's specified in the instructions. If anyone could help me by showing me how they routed that wire, It'd be really appreciated. Thanks
You shoud route the wire like this. The big yellow circles are where it ends bolt and the yellow "line" is the way the wire should be routed.

gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #3

Be patient with the connection under the battery.............remember the bolt goes in at a wierd angle.....I didnt tighten anything until all was connections where made then I went back to tighten all the bolts. When you go back to tighten bolts start at the one under the battery since that bolt is the hardest.
Rick
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 12th, 2005, 05:12 PM   #4
V6P Negotiator & Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by THERUIZFAMILY
Be patient with the connection under the battery.............remember the bolt goes in at a wierd angle.....I didnt tighten anything until all was connections where made then I went back to tighten all the bolts. When you go back to tighten bolts start at the one under the battery since that bolt is the hardest.
Rick

The transmission connection under the battery is b#tch to work with on most of the cars Garrett R&D, compared to other connections. . . so take a break if you start getting a little frustrated or impatient.

Maurice
MrV6P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #5
Who are you!?

My fault I guess I cut the wire to short when I was putting this kit together. Again sorry about that.

-Garrett
Old April 13th, 2007, 08:36 AM   #6
girl powah!!

Send a message via AIM to 03aV6cpe
Quote:
Originally Posted by gme2001
My fault I guess I cut the wire to short when I was putting this kit together. Again sorry about that.

-Garrett
ok, so i'm strongly debating on buying this grounding kit, but was wondering if the stated issue above has been resolved for the new batch??
thanks

Official Slammed Club Member (Stage 3)
Featured Ride Of The Month (June-July 2010)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
03aV6cpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #7
Who are you!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Punisher
ok, so i'm strongly debating on buying this grounding kit, but was wondering if the stated issue above has been resolved for the new batch??
thanks
We made a few hundered of these kits I believe only 1 person had a problem with one of the length that I know of, spent a few minutes talking to the guy about it and he tried again kit installed just fine.

-Garrett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in