AEM V2 "Power Adder" - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to TorontoV6
AEM V2 "Power Adder"

In the installation instructions for the AEM V2, the last step is "The power adder" "For off-road use only" What does this do and has anyone done this?
TorontoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #2
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoV6
In the installation instructions for the AEM V2, the last step is "The power adder" "For off-road use only" What does this do and has anyone done this?

All you are doing is removing the O2 sensor from the throddle body into the hole that is supplied in the cold air intake. The air in the throddle body is going to be a hell of a lot hotter than the air in the intake, and since cold air = more horsepower, than there is your "power adder." Doing this move simply tricks the computer (ECU) into reading that the engine is sucking in colder, more dense air, which will increase your horsepower as a result.

I have the same intake you do, and I have done this "power adder"on my 6 speed accord. I am not sure how much extra hp I gained, but between you and I, its probably not enough to make it worth your while.
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 04:07 AM   #3

question: i'm buying a used intake, but the fellow says that there are some minor dents/scratches on it. Havn't seen it yet, but is this common? He said this is due to the fit in the engine compartment which knocks on some minor parts in the engine? SHould the intake be dent-free or are dents in certain areas common? btw, it is also an aemv2.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 17th, 2005, 05:36 AM   #4

HIJACK!!!

Anyway, this is my opinion. I spent $35,000 on my car. I will only be installing the best parts I can find, I.E. the V2 over a regular CAI, Tein springs over a lesser brand. So if you have invested that same or close to it in your as I have I would suggest that you continue to invest in your car, you wont ever be unsatisfied with your choices if you make the best ones you can, you may on the other hand be sorry for wasting money on used parts that you are not sure of. Do it right the first time instead of having to RE-DO it and spending more money then if you had of just done it right the first time.

Comptech! Do you think that the 18 hp dyno that AEM shows for our car is with the "power adder"?
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #5

18 is ridiculous. its definetly not 18.
and for the record, thats 35k canadian.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #6
ex scientia vera

18 HP ???!!!
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #7
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
18 HP ???!!!

well yeah it is 18 if you take a look at the AEM dyno chart.

DOH! wait its AEMs dyno chart, and wait...is that a dyno chart or an excel chart that is copying a dyno chart...

hey for $250 18 hp, thats like 14$ per hp,.....wow if only all mods were like that.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #8
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Comptech! Do you think that the 18 hp dyno that AEM shows for our car is with the "power adder"?
Toronto, I doubt VERY much that a simple AEM cold air intake will give you an additional 18.7 horsepower. That is far beyond rediculious! Please try to understand that just because you read something on a webpage dynograph doesn't mean that it is the golden standard. I don't trust anyone's dynographs except Comptech's for the simple fact that I have physically SEEN them test their items in their machine shop a number of times. DO you know the folks at AEM as well as me with Comptech?

If I were to guess (and this is ONLY a guess), the intake might give you anywhere from 6-10 wheel horsepower, even with the power gainer.
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:08 AM   #9
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
DO you know the folks at AEM as well as me with Comptech?
No, I bet he doesn't. My guess (and this is ONLY a guess) is that you WORK FOR COMPTECH and he probably doesn't work for AEM.

Just a GUESS
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:16 AM   #10

maybe it's 18 canadian hp.
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:45 AM   #11

hahahaha.
and comptech, why didnt you get the icebox?
Old February 17th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #12
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

^^Probably because its not out yet but once it is, he'll sell his V2 in a heartbeat just to get the Icebox.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 12:37 PM   #13
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
No, I bet he doesn't. My guess (and this is ONLY a guess) is that you WORK FOR COMPTECH

Yea, sure. And you somehow have proof of this, right? Or is slapping false accusations on people with absolutly no proof your only known source of "trying" to defend your case? Really, this thread does not need posts like these from people like you. If its not constructive, than DON'T post it
Old February 17th, 2005, 12:39 PM   #14
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sync
^^Probably because its not out yet but once it is, he'll sell his V2 in a heartbeat just to get the Icebox.
Old February 17th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #15
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Why not? You're a diehard Comptech fan. I'm suprised to see that your not since all you vouch for is Comptech saying its the highest quality. Just my observation over the past few months of all your posts.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 01:01 PM   #16

AEM V2 user dynos have shown gains of >10 whp, look em up.
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #17
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captal
AEM V2 user dynos have shown gains of >10 whp, look em up.
I can agree with that. But 18? Thats certainly not right, even with a power gainer.
Old February 17th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #18

I wasn't making that claim of 18hp. Just what I saw on their website. I am new to this mod stuff. Go easy on me, I might cry next time. I the main reason I bought the V2 over anything else was because it look soo big and mean. Gotta love th looks of it. Look much more serious then the Injen or a regular CAI.
And yes, that might be 18hp CANADIAN! and with the right CANADIAN BEER I might get another 6. EH!
Old February 17th, 2005, 01:59 PM   #19

u notice a big sound difference with your new aemv2 toronto? i'm itching to get my intake, if the guy that has an used one doesn't pull through, i'm just gonna buy a new one this weekend and install it!
Old February 17th, 2005, 02:10 PM   #20
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilverbullet
u notice a big sound difference with your new aemv2 toronto? i'm itching to get my intake, if the guy that has an used one doesn't pull through, i'm just gonna buy a new one this weekend and install it!
$ilverbullet: check your pm.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilverbullet
The sound is amazing.
Old February 17th, 2005, 06:39 PM   #22

I have not installed it yet. I will most likey install it next week. Right now I just look at it and carese it and stoke it and make..... oops sorry, got carried away again.
Old February 17th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #23
ex scientia vera

Quote:
No, I bet he doesn't. My guess (and this is ONLY a guess) is that you WORK FOR COMPTECH
Quote:
Yea, sure. And you somehow have proof of this, right? Or is slapping false accusations on people with absolutly no proof your only known source of "trying" to defend your case? Really, this thread does not need posts like these from people like you. If its not constructive, than DON'T post it
ComptechAccord04, I'm going to say this once, and only once, so heed my advice; PLEASE practice what you preach.

I once said in another thread that I will ignore your posts. I'll admit, I broke weak and succumbed to your meandering. I can't say it won't happen again, but I will promise to try hrder next time.

If you'll notice, I also included my quote right up there above your quote. I was only GUESSING . Just a guess, remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captal
The sound is amazing.
You'll fall in love with the sound. If you're new to the mod scene like I am, then you'll absolutely love it. Good luck with it though.
Old February 18th, 2005, 03:39 AM   #24
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
ComptechAccord04, I'm going to say this once, and only once, so heed my advice; PLEASE practice what you preach.
I have absolutly no idea what you are talking about here.... Everything I buy is Comptech. I am practicing everything that I say that I would. Do you even know what your talking about?

Quote:
I once said in another thread that I will ignore your posts.
Ok, fine by me. I've been ignoring you since the moment you opened that fat hole in your head, which happens to be your mouth.

Quote:
If you'll notice, I also included my quote right up there above your quote. I was only GUESSING . Just a guess, remember?
Sure....... You know you can't stand me, so why hide it? Or are you too afraid to confront me on these issues like a REAL man. Comptech is the GOD of all aftermarket. If you want to second guess me, the only person your fooling is yourself. Go ahead and buy your cheap aftermarket product, save a buck or 2. But remember this, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Old February 18th, 2005, 09:29 AM   #25

Quote:
I have absolutly no idea what you are talking about here.... Everything I buy is Comptech. I am practicing everything that I say that I would. Do you even know what your talking about?
what about that AEM V2 you have on your car?

Quote:
Ok, fine by me. I've been ignoring you since the moment you opened that fat hole in your head, which happens to be your mouth.
oh because that's mature and convincing. NOW kramer will listen to what you have to say.

Quote:
Sure....... You know you can't stand me, so why hide it? Or are you too afraid to confront me on these issues like a REAL man. Comptech is the GOD of all aftermarket. If you want to second guess me, the only person your fooling is yourself. Go ahead and buy your cheap aftermarket product, save a buck or 2. But remember this, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
so you're saying these things like comptech is god, and the cheaper products are inferior, without HARD evidence. i dont disagree that the comptech products are very good, but you still havent shown me proof that dollar for dollar, you get more from comptech.
Old February 19th, 2005, 05:09 PM   #26
fonda my honda

Send a message via AIM to tx03coupe
comptechaccord4 is torquie reborn; i'm convinced
tx03coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:34 PM   #27

AEM V2 is now installed, WOW I LOVE THE SOUND!!! A couple oc comments though. Maybe it is just my skill set but the people on here made it sound alot easier to install then I found. Especially trying to remove the front top nut on the lower OEM resinator, After about an hour of trying to reach it through the wheel well I said FU&% IT! and took the front bumper off, MUCH EASIER! Also AEM let out a nut on the removal process, under the battery tray holing the inner tube for the lower resinator. I think I got ia all back together ok. Those damn push lock tabs things are a *****! Wreak a couple of them. 4 hours later, SWWWWWEEEEEEET sounds!!! All I have to say is I LOVE MY AEM V2. Now what is next on the mod list?
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:54 PM   #28

wheel well no good ehh? i'm gonna install mine nxt week, just ordered it on tuesday. I guess the bumper must go then.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:58 PM   #29

Quote:
AEM V2 is now installed, WOW I LOVE THE SOUND!!! A couple oc comments though. Maybe it is just my skill set but the people on here made it sound alot easier to install then I found. Especially trying to remove the front top nut on the lower OEM resinator, After about an hour of trying to reach it through the wheel well I said FU&% IT! and took the front bumper off, MUCH EASIER! Also AEM let out a nut on the removal process, under the battery tray holing the inner tube for the lower resinator. I think I got ia all back together ok. Those damn push lock tabs things are a *****! Wreak a couple of them. 4 hours later, SWWWWWEEEEEEET sounds!!! All I have to say is I LOVE MY AEM V2. Now what is next on the mod list?
You definitely did the rite thing by removing the bumper cuz it is almost impossible to install that suker with out scrappage and lost of SKIN.

My current mod is installing OEM Navi into my Car DAMN Canadian Accords dont have Navi, DAMN HONDA
429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:31 PM   #30

The bumper really isn't that hard to remove- it's like a 10 minute process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in