7th Gen AV6 Turbocharger or Supercharger? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 19th, 2005, 02:34 PM  
Your V6P Snake Champion

7th Gen AV6 Turbocharger or Supercharger?

I have heard everything from Comptech supercharger to STS Turbo System, which I called and they didnt tell me much about any release. If anyone has any news please post it, because i think we are all getting a little frustrated with all these "Coming Soon" parts for our cars. Including Unichip, Get involved and call/email comptech, STS, UniChip and let them know we want their product. I have called and emailed these companies several times letting them know I want there product.
Call up AEM as well and tell them we are ready for their Tru pulley system
WE GOT TO GET INVOLVED PEOPLE
Pics
http://www.robbiewatson.com/pheoniks...bert/pics.html
mods to come
1.2 inch drop
AEM Tru Pulley System

Last edited by oswhiteboy; February 19th, 2005 at 02:36 PM..
oswhiteboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 19th, 2005, 02:37 PM  
V6P Negotiator & Promoter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswhiteboy
. . .
WE GOT TO GET INVOLVED PEOPLE. . .

MrV6P is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 20th, 2005, 11:23 AM  

I called up AEM a few months ago, they said they probably won't be making a pulley set any time soon.
DangerMouse is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old February 20th, 2005, 12:17 PM  
Your V6P Snake Champion

Thanks for the feedback has anyone heard about any other brands making a pulley system for the 7th GEN AV6 if so where can they be found.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:56 PM  
Make Way for The Bad Guy!

Send a message via AIM to JoeySmallz
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse
I called up AEM a few months ago, they said they probably won't be making a pulley set any time soon.
I don't think we'd want the pulley set from AEM considering the track history of their pulleys. Unorthodox is a quality company that has supposedly already had one V6P's memebers in to take measurements and to make a prototype pulley set. They are the ones we should be harrassing for pulleys.
JoeySmallz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2005, 04:27 PM  
Got VTEC?...

Pullies offer you little to minimal power gains. They are a waste of money and an absolute PAIN IN THE @$$ to install. For the $200 plus that they charge, i'd much rather save up for an exhaust or intake, which has much better gains all around the RPM range. If you do choose pullies, remember one thing, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:51 PM  
import tuner and rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechAccord4
Pullies offer you little to minimal power gains. They are a waste of money and an absolute PAIN IN THE @$$ to install. For the $200 plus that they charge, i'd much rather save up for an exhaust or intake, which has much better gains all around the RPM range. If you do choose pullies, remember one thing, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

not on accords , everyone with unorthodox pulleys and even megan pulleys will say otherwise
eolife22 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:09 PM  
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Quote:
UR pulleys are one of the best mods you can do on the 6g cars. 10-15 whp gains, and much better 1st gear response off the line. I think most of the 14 second all-motor 6th gens had UR pulleys
SteVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:03 PM  
Your V6P Snake Champion

I got in touch with Comptech today and they said they are developing the supercharger but there is no timetable for its release. My friend has a pulley system and he got a 12hp gain they are very important to have.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:13 PM  

no gains? bullcrap. we've been over this before. comptech, you need to stop spouting crap. just because comptech doesn't make it doesn't mean it sucks.
deuzezwild is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:15 PM  
V6P Negotiator & Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswhiteboy
I got in touch with Comptech today and they said they are developing the supercharger but there is no timetable for its release. My friend has a pulley system and he got a 12hp gain they are very important to have.
It's because S/C FWD AV6s need a LSD added to the transmission to be able to properly controlled the power produced by a high boost pulley. This is the main reason Comptech only developed a low boost pulley for the AV6s!

For those who are still on the learning curve. . . here's why FWD high performance cars have certain challenges that need to taken care of before additional power can be safely added and more importantly controlled!!!

Quote:

---==== FWD SUMMARY ====---

Disadvantages of front wheel drive

"Torque Steer" is one of the most annoying habits on many powerful front-drive cars because they don't go straight when you step on the accelerator! Instead, they pull to one side, requiring you to steer in the other direction to compensate, like on a damn boat. This "torque steer" usually happens because the drive shafts that connect the engine to the front wheels aren't the same length. Under power, the shafts wind up like springs. The longer shaft -- typically on the right -- winds up a bit more, while the shorter left shaft winds up less and transmits its power to the ground more quickly, which has the effect of pulling the car to the left. (This winding-up phenomenon occurs the moment you step on the pedal. After that, the wind-up relaxes, but "torque steer" can still be produced by the angles of the joints in the drive axles as the whole drivetrain twists on its rubber mounts.)

Benefits to having a FWD LSD:

Basically fitment of an LSD will on the FWD vehicles, enable more traction as well as improve the ability to handle safer and do so at higher speeds. Anyone who plans on doing some form of competition work with their ride should consider an LSD modification. Especially if turbo or superchargers are going to be used!!

You don't need to have a heavily modified vehicle to benefit from these - any naturally aspirated vehicle will benefit from these and will quite often drop quarter mile acceleration times by between 1/2 to 1 sec depending on power levels.

Limited-Slip is a function of the differential allowing one wheel to spin only a percentage faster than the other. This has its advantages in allowing more traction, especially during hard cornering, because a normal or "open" diff will allow the inside wheel to lose traction and spin as fast as it wants, while the outer tire (with most of the traction anyway) just freewheels. This is generally opposite of what you want to have happen. A Posi unit will allow the inside wheel to spin only so much faster than the outside, at which time it transfers torque to the outer wheel, increasing power that's transmitted to the ground. This is achieved by several methods. The most common is with clutch packs in the differential that are set to a "breakaway" threshold. Another semi-common way is using viscosity (Viscous LSD's), which use a special differential fluid to control the amount of slip. A third method is a Torsen type, where there's a worm gear and pinion (the theory being the worm gear can rotate the pinion, but not vice versa). In effect, you can think of cars without Posi to be "one wheel drive" and cars with Posi to be two-wheel drive.

MrV6P is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:39 PM  
Banned

This is why i hate FWD cars, why won't honda build a RWD AV6 coupe??????????????
Lxcord is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:03 PM  
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxcord
why won't honda build a RWD AV6 coupe??????????????

Now that would be sweet.
The Sync is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:01 PM  
Your V6P Snake Champion

Big news on custom Turbo Kits for the 03 av6. Squires Turbo Systems told me if you would like a custom job done they could do it. Its a universal kit that can be modified to fit the 03 av6. It cost a pretty penny though. So if any of you are interested you can contact STS through email at [email protected] or by phone, 1.866.WE.TURBO and tell them the modification you need.
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:20 PM  

oswhiteboy... in the first comment u posted up... is that the pic of your car or sum1 elses.?? n if it is urs.. wat kind of exhaust system u got???
o0amazinazn0o is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:34 PM  
Your V6P Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0amazinazn0o
oswhiteboy... in the first comment u posted up... is that the pic of your car or sum1 elses.?? n if it is urs.. wat kind of exhaust system u got???
Yeah its my car we have a car club here in Jackson. The exhaust system is HP Racing.
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:03 PM  

Quote:
Benefits to having a FWD LSD:

You don't need to have a heavily modified vehicle to benefit from these - any naturally aspirated vehicle will benefit from these and will quite often drop quarter mile acceleration times by between 1/2 to 1 sec depending on power levels.
I doubt you'll drop "1/2 to 1 second depending on power levels" More like .1 - .3 seconds. I don't think the 6 speed would be a high 13 - 14 second flat car with just an LSD. That's 350z territory and they have RWD with an LSD I think. They also have more power.
Captal is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:28 PM  

err...yeah. The main benefits of LSD is for cornering and handling. ie. hard exit from a corner power on, an LSD will prevent the inside unloaded wheel from spinning and transfer power to the outside loaded wheel that actually has grip. It also helps in slippery conditions.

The guys at Maxima.org don't typically see any difference in 1/4 mile times from LSD/HLSD vs open differential.
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:58 PM  
WISCONSIN IS GREAT!

Send a message via AIM to NateCBR Send a message via Yahoo to NateCBR
Quote:

If comptech had their name on them you would be ranting and raving about how you
want them.
NateCBR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2005, 01:27 AM  
Got VTEC?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateCBR
If comptech had their name on them you would be ranting and raving about how you
want them.
Not true. Comptech won't make pullies. They are firm believers in header, intake, exhaust, and boost (supercharger) period. As for pullies, they have one simple phrase, "don't f*uk with em." And since NO ONE knows our hondas better than Comptech, I think i'll listen to them on that one...

nuff said.
ComptechAccord4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2005, 05:35 AM  

don't screw with pulleys, yet they make superchargers? lol, whatever. the gains on the 6th gen cars and track times speak for themselves. and only one person I know of had trouble with them and a ton of people have the UR pulleys.
Old February 25th, 2005, 03:30 PM  
WISCONSIN IS GREAT!

Send a message via AIM to NateCBR Send a message via Yahoo to NateCBR
Quote:
Not true. Comptech won't make pullies. They are firm believers in header, intake, exhaust, and boost (supercharger) period. As for pullies, they have one simple phrase, "don't f*uk with em." And since NO ONE knows our hondas better than Comptech, I think i'll listen to them on that one...

nuff said.
my point is that your all up comptechs butthole.

if they made them, you would be all over it cause your a comptech groupie
NateCBR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in