do I have to take of my bumper for cai??? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2005, 01:11 PM   #1

do I have to take of my bumper for cai???

I have a 03' V6 coupe on the way and want to install a 2 piece CAI from ebay with a K&N filter i have.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE OFF MY BUMPER?
THEY NEVER SEEM TO GO BACK ON RIGHT SO I DONT WANT TO DO IT.
thanks guys...
russ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #2

wrong forum. and no you dont, you can go through the fender well, but taking off the bumper makes it a LOT easier. it's really not that hard to put back on.
deuzezwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 27th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #3
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
i didnt even have to take mine all the way off..just had to unhook it on the driver side and unhook the fenderwell plastic underneath and thats all i needed to do.... i didnt have to remove the whole bumper
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 27th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #4
odk

Not necessary to remove bumper. I jacked up the car and worked thru the wheel well. Tight but very workable.
odk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #5
Your V6P Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ2000
I have a 03' V6 coupe on the way and want to install a 2 piece CAI from ebay with a K&N filter i have.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE OFF MY BUMPER?
THEY NEVER SEEM TO GO BACK ON RIGHT SO I DONT WANT TO DO IT.
thanks guys...
You will find the air horn in the fender well of the front left tire is a *****.
First you will need to unhook those plastic screws and take the whole fender well off. From there its all you and the car good luck.
oswhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2005, 05:24 AM   #6
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6

becareful with the plastic clips that hold the fenderwell in place... they are $ 3.00 or so a each from honda.
logonzojls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2005, 08:57 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to TorontoV6
You paid for the CLIPS? Man you got hosed!! When I took my car in after I installed my intake, I went back in the bay with the guy who was doing the tune up and just said "Hey you have an extra clips?" and hey gave me some. Helped that my last name was the same as the owner of the dealership too.
TorontoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:54 AM   #8
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6

Nice, lol.
logonzojls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2005, 04:37 AM   #9

photos of either ?

does anyone have a set of images showing the removal of the bumper or accessing the CAI from the wheel well?
pdqgp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:15 AM   #10
Your V6P Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqgp
does anyone have a set of images showing the removal of the bumper or accessing the CAI from the wheel well?
I dont have any pics but you DO NOT need to remove the bumper. You cant miss the plasic screws in your wheel well. You will need to remove your front left wheel then you can remove the plastic from the wheel well. From there you will see an air horn that is in the way. You will need to remove that for the new intake to fit. That is the hardest part getting rid of that big plastic box. Once that is done you can install your intake easily. Good luck
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:28 AM   #11
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswhiteboy
I dont have any pics but you DO NOT need to remove the bumper. You cant miss the plasic screws in your wheel well. You will need to remove your front left wheel then you can remove the plastic from the wheel well. From there you will see an air horn that is in the way. You will need to remove that for the new intake to fit. That is the hardest part getting rid of that big plastic box. Once that is done you can install your intake easily. Good luck
Very true. I went through the wheel well myself. As he said, the hardest part is removing all the plastic crap from the stock air box. After that it was a breeze.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:29 PM   #12

even for changing filter?

since I had my AEM installed last year, I thought it's best to check the filter....so I should be able to access it this way as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswhiteboy
pdqgp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:46 PM   #13
Your V6P Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqgp
since I had my AEM installed last year, I thought it's best to check the filter....so I should be able to access it this way as well?
Yeah you will have to take the same steps to get to it and your intake will be sitting right next to you on the drivers side next to the fog light cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in